• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, Karenknees said:

LOL,  in the thread named "Trumped," talking about the people who don't pay their bills and loans.  I will give you credit as he is the first one that comes to mind for me on that subject.  

And the whole they would rather get paid then go back to work, for fucks sake.  Jr, Eric, what's the daughters name, Skanka or something, they have never done shit till they had access to your tax dollars.  Be best, find something else, lol. 

I hope y'all get an invitation to the coronation.  You obviously don't get who really is scamming you. 

Oh shit. Kurt got out of bed and decided today was the day he'd wreck some fools on Angelswin for breakfast.

By Trump pumping 4T into the stock market are we talking about the stimulus that the house and senate passed?  As far as student loan debt simply making it disappear by forgiving it (taxpayer funded) does nothing to fix the underlying issues and is a very politician way of doing things to buy votes.  Get the feds out of the business of guaranteeing student loans or at least change the way they do it and keep student loan interest rates extremely low.  Everyone has the right to go to college but every degree and student are not equal.  The mantra that everyone needs a college degree has led to a watered down pool of college graduates and people who get degrees that don't translate into the job market.  If you don't have grants or scholarships, don't know what you want to do or don't need to go a very specific route then go to a JC to get the basic courses out of the way.  If you change your major or figure out college isn't for you then you did it on the cheap and hopefully did it without paying to live on campus like a 4 year requires of freshman.  If it works out you can transfer to a state school or university to finish your degree, spend a fraction of the cost of a high school straight to college degree and work while going to school to help pay some of the costs.  The average student loan debt is the equivalent of a car payment and taxpayers should not be paying that off for the 43M people who have student loans. 

This place is funny and how this has evolved since he signed the order.

The orange guy does something positive for a majority of people and the left reaction is:

$300 extra isn't enough.

Why not forgive student loans?

A fake news quote.

But Trump has debt.

For fucks sake, man. This is exactly why Trump won. Just disappointing to see how some folks are so blinded by their team to not see the greater good.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

Speaking of the American way and student loans.

I was lucky to never have them or need them. We had a pretty deep dive on this one night and I went down a rabbit hole.

One thing I know about doing loans for over 20 years is if you give an American an opportunity at $20k, a good majority of them will find a way to spend $30k. With student loans the biggest take away was banks getting involved, with government backing, which is why you can go BK but those debts don't disappear. They realized they could give impressionable little Johnny $50k in loans per year or whatever the qualifications and costs were. Schools caught on and started jacking up prices everything across the board to maximize the loan Johnny had.....I think someone in the thread even commented on this working at a college or something similar and that the school caught wind Johnny was able to get x amount per semester......guess how much percentage they jacked up tuition fees, books, etc.?

You can't give certain people an allotment and expect them to all be responsible. Reminds me of the Community Reinvestment Act of 1994 where Bill Clinton told Freddie and Fannie to relax guidelines so more people that couldn't qualify for loans now can. So then we saw these crazy stated income loans for mortgages and guess what happened in 2008? 

Yep. It doesn’t take a genius to understand that federally backed loans are the biggest problem with tuitions 

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The 13 million jobs lost is due to a government shutdown because of basement dwellers advocates like you. Time to end the bullshit and go back to work. 

Hey poor people, go back to serving me and I don't care if you die.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:32 PM, tennischmp said:

So what $750 per week max in unemployment benefits in California? $3000 a month? That doesn’t even cover most people’s rent/mortgage. Maybe it’s great for Idaho but not nearly enough for California’s cost of living

Don't you fuckers dare make me put on my conservative hat. If you have a $3000 a month mortgage I seriously hope you aren't 100% relying on a single unemployment claim to pay all of your bills. There has to be at least a little bit of personal responsibility.

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’ve been working this whole time buddy. I’m not really sure what the fuck you’re talking about. 

I've been working this whole time, too. I don't think your whole "basement dwellers" thing is as much of an ownage as you think it is.

Along with the JC route, I believe that more and more kids need to consider trade schools as an option. A college degree tends to push people into white collar jobs, but the market for blue collar jobs is huge. There’s also the myth that you can’t make a lot of money unless you have a college degree. I’ve seen a lot of kids over the years that don’t need a college degree or have the skill set to thrive in a university — they’re not headed to a white collar job, and that’s fine. But they’ll bust their tails at a wide range of jobs and careers that don’t require or need a degree. We need to emphasize this route just as much as we push kids into thinking they need a college degree to be successful.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:32 PM, tennischmp said:

So what $750 per week max in unemployment benefits in California? $3000 a month? That doesn’t even cover most people’s rent/mortgage. Maybe it’s great for Idaho but not nearly enough for California’s cost of living

Sorry you have to move from Pelican Hill and find a spot for your Porsches.