• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Our next president.  Nobody does diplomacy better.

trump.png

Obama makes it sound like a bad thing and Trump makes it sound like a good thing. Trump wrote his and Obama had one of his staffers do his. By some of the pics of people in Miami celebrating in the streets I bet they liked Trump's tweet better.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Hey Brandon. Glen again. I know you get all excited when I post in here and have to talk about my posting as soon as I post, but after that I'd like to know if you have any opinion on this. Thanks in advance.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/now-melania-trump-plans-long-distance-first-lady/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=newshour

I would expect the standing POTUS to put out a very formal statement as he represents the country diplomatically. Not sure we have a precedent for this from a president-elect. Trump only made a statement of fact and not any kind of official statement, and I'm not really sure it's his place to do more than that.

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Hey Brandon. Glen again. I know you get all excited when I post in here and have to talk about my posting as soon as I post, but after that I'd like to know if you have any opinion on this. Thanks in advance.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/now-melania-trump-plans-long-distance-first-lady/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=newshour

Funny I was literally thinking of asking you for your opinion on this.  Is this really the hill some on the left want to die on?  I see all this incredible vitriol towards this and while I understand where the emotion is coming from as Trump is an asshole, I don't see the logic on this. It can be too easily turned around. If Michelle Obama had gone through with not bringing the daughters to the White House right away would anybody on the left complain? Of course not. But you can already imagine the the FW: email chains (It was 2008 after all) going around on the right.  Why do so many on the left now have this fascination of sounding like a 75 year old Republican? Is arguing that she should or shouldn't keep their kid in school for the school year really one of those political battles that sounds like a good idea? He's fucking Donald J. Trump. He is the fucking Costco of things to complain about. There is plenty for everyone. Complete with all those sample stations. So pick on the wife for keeping the kid in school? Utterly bizarre. 

that's glen. he'll find any reason to talk about trump.

as for my opinion that was requested, i give zero fucks. where the president's wife stays has zero bearing on my life or anyone else's (except yours as it must be problematic for you to have to post a link about it). i honestly don't know why anyone would give two shits about this story. seems like some more bullshit that would be found on a website where tmz reports on politics.

ha. yeah, when chuck updated and all of our names reverted mine went to john stamos. people got a laugh so i've been changing it periodically to 80's movie/tv characters and people get a laugh or throw ideas out there in other threads for me to roll with next. this one has sprung up a new one though as soto has changed his name to rosewood which makes for a good laugh in the soccer forum.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Funny I was literally thinking of asking you for your opinion on this.  Is this really the hill some on the left want to die on?  I see all this incredible vitriol towards this and while I understand where the emotion is coming from as Trump is an asshole, I don't see the logic on this. It can be too easily turned around. If Michelle Obama had gone through with not bringing the daughters to the White House right away would anybody on the left complain? Of course not. But you can already imagine the the FW: email chains (It was 2008 after all) going around on the right.  Why do so many on the left now have this fascination of sounding like a 75 year old Republican? Is arguing that she should or shouldn't keep their kid in school for the school year really one of those political battles that sounds like a good idea? He's fucking Donald J. Trump. He is the fucking Costco of things to complain about. There is plenty for everyone. Complete with all those sample stations. So pick on the wife for keeping the kid in school? Utterly bizarre. 

I don't see this as some sort of apex to post a flag on. It's just another clod of dirt on the mountain of Trump fuckery. A banana peel in the compost pile, if you will.

30 minutes ago, Glen said:

I don't see this as some sort of apex to post a flag on. It's just another clod of dirt on the mountain of Trump fuckery. A banana peel in the compost pile, if you will.

another guy who hasn't gotten over it...

big fucking deal. the article alludes to the fact she will have to do hosting duties, but noted many other first ladies that were out of town or whatever and others stepped in for the role. so she doesn't get to shake hands and make sure the dinner mats are set properly. who would care about this but glen?

as long as she can come up with a d.a.r.e. program, create parental advisory stickers, or adjust school lunches for kids that is all that is required amirite?

27 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

It's not a huge deal but isn't it going to cost taxpayers about a million a day? I know that's a drop in the bucket but it kinda adds up to a lot. I suppose it's not so terrible, as long as it's for this school year only.

i accidentally went nate on this (it was the first link on google), looks like no definitive answer but i have a hard time thinking a couple of dudes on patrol maybe making 75k a year are going to total up to a mil a day.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/22/will-it-cost-taxpayers-1-million-a-day-for-trumps-family-to-stay-in-new-york/ 

5 minutes ago, Taggart said:

i accidentally went nate on this (it was the first link on google), looks like no definitive answer but i have a hard time thinking a couple of dudes on patrol maybe making 75k a year are going to total up to a mil a day.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/11/22/will-it-cost-taxpayers-1-million-a-day-for-trumps-family-to-stay-in-new-york/ 

So the projections are inconclusive.

Yeah I'm not going to spar over this but it's going to take more than a couple of dudes making 75k to protect the first family. From what I understand, securing Trump Tower is kind of a bitch.