• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

3 hours ago, Jay said:

It's one thing to sell a peanut farm it's another to sell Trump's international real estate holdings.

Even if he puts his business into someone else's hands he'll still be aware of the assets so he'll still be accused of having a conflict.

It would take years to sell everything and he probably has no intention of doing that anyway.

So this will be a huge source of noise from Democrats and the left, for the duration of his presidency.

The best thing he can do is let his lieutenants run his business dealings for as long as he's POTUS. The presidency is an all consuming job that will need his full attention. If he doesn't give his complete focus in DC, it'll create any number of problems that could hurt his duties as president, and possibly hurt us.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

On the conflict of interest thing, I can see both sides of the argument.

On one hand, why should people have to sell their business if they decide to run for president? The presidency is only 8 years max, maybe the person would like to return to his/her business after serving as president.

On the other hand, with every move the President makes questions will be raised about whether he/she personally benefited. So there's a perception of conflict even if there isn't any.

Trump is correct that the President, Vice President, and members of Congress are exempt from conflict of interest law.

However his opponents and the media won't be satisfied until the entire business is divested and placed into a blind trust. I don't see how that can happen before he takes office.

Yeah!

Also, we will simultaneously ban lobbyists and drain the swamp!

These things mesh well.

12 hours ago, Taggart said:

if an attack can happen in san bernardino, of all places, it can happen anywhere.

as mentioned, my ex interviewed in that building and turned the gig down, but it was on her short list. same building and same company party would have been her and the story could have been completely different.

but not even islamic terrorists, what about these crackers running up into movie theaters with automatic weapons? that's terrorism too but the media never mentions it....if they are white it's mental illness, if they are from the middle east it's terrorism.

shit can pop off at any minute. i don't think about it, but am cognizant that i can turn on the news and hear about some deadly attack. 

I was once 20 feet away from a couple of cholos getting smoked at a gas station. I'm more concerned about criminals/thugs that are not starting shit for religious reasons or "mentally ill" shooters. The biggest threat are morons texting while driving.

6 hours ago, #CF8 said:

I was once 20 feet away from a couple of cholos getting smoked at a gas station. I'm more concerned about criminals/thugs that are not starting shit for religious reasons or "mentally ill" shooters. The biggest threat are morons texting while driving.

Maybe we can all admit that there are a lot of threats that we should all be concerned about, and that it should motivate us to be vigilant and keep our eyes open for each other.

14 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So the trade off for having a non-politician is that we get someone who quite likely has large business dealings, many of them involving foreign governments, riding on every action he makes. I'm not willing to concede that one is better than the other just yet.

huh?  Hillary lost 

On November 23, 2016 at 1:19 PM, #CF8 said:

Spot on. If you're walking around worried that some bearded or bald religious terrorist is going to wreck your day then you probably need some anti-anxiety treatment. 

so, in order to be concerned about something, a person has to walk around worried about it and have it ruin their day? 

the last one is what trips me out about the libs here. you can't simply question an idea or throw a joke out without them doing the "but, but, republicans..." like it has any relevancy on the topic or discussion.

i don't think lou is even a righty, but there is some kind of insecurity to always throw a "but the right did this..." meme or link.

9 minutes ago, Taggart said:

the last one is what trips me out about the libs here. you can't simply question an idea or throw a joke out without them doing the "but, but, republicans..." like it has any relevancy on the topic or discussion.

i don't think lou is even a righty, but there is some kind of insecurity to always throw a "but the right did this..." meme or link.

you must be new here

14 minutes ago, Taggart said:

They probably get their material from the Occupy Democrats page on Facebook.

4 hours ago, Taggart said:

You take shit too seriously especially for a guy who wants to be seen as a chill dude.