• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

19 minutes ago, Taggart said:

i'll be honest, i wonder how much shit has been thwarted or stopped that we don't even know about.

i'm not going to worry about it or let it ruin my day, but i do think there is a legit concern. shit man, look at 9/11. a regular day turned into chaos that the country will never forget.

Spot on. If you're walking around worried that some bearded or bald religious terrorist is going to wreck your day then you probably need some anti-anxiety treatment. Obviously it is very important to have protection against terrorism. Everyone wants safeguards.

All it takes is a dirty bomb in a major city and the terrorism death numbers skyrocket again as it did on 9/11. The reality is that you need to watch out for people texting and driving. Unless you see your neighbor building a bomb, we gots others to fight terrorism. 

One of my high school friends was in the building when the san berdoo attack happened. One of Victors friends was killed in the attack.

we like to think we're fairly well insulated here, but there's no telling where the next attack will happen. We've also learned that anywhere can be targeted as we've found out that Isis sympathizers are scattered among us and are willing to go to extreme measures, as we've seen several times. I don't live in fear of them but I'm very aware that of the need to be observant. I think it behooves all of us to pay attention and not be dismissive of the idea that an attack can happen to anyone of us anytime anywhere.

if an attack can happen in san bernardino, of all places, it can happen anywhere.

as mentioned, my ex interviewed in that building and turned the gig down, but it was on her short list. same building and same company party would have been her and the story could have been completely different.

but not even islamic terrorists, what about these crackers running up into movie theaters with automatic weapons? that's terrorism too but the media never mentions it....if they are white it's mental illness, if they are from the middle east it's terrorism.

shit can pop off at any minute. i don't think about it, but am cognizant that i can turn on the news and hear about some deadly attack. 

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

One of my high school friends was in the building when the san berdoo attack happened. One of Victors friends was killed in the attack.

we like to think we're fairly well insulated here, but there's no telling where the next attack will happen. We've also learned that anywhere can be targeted as we've found out that Isis sympathizers are scattered among us and are willing to go to extreme measures, as we've seen several times. I don't live in fear of them but I'm very aware that of the need to be observant. I think it behooves all of us to pay attention and not be dismissive of the idea that an attack can happen to anyone of us anytime anywhere.

I can tell you that the number of potential bad guys (as in people who have been identified as at minimum researching attacks and have had contact with bad guys overseas) is far greater than rhe number of feds they have to sureil them...we had some homeland security guys come out and give us a brief earlier this year on it, and they had some grim stats.

I imagine most of the guys theyre watching will eventually get lazy and give up their plans, but if even 1 or 2 with thhem go forward....

On the conflict of interest thing, I can see both sides of the argument.

On one hand, why should people have to sell their business if they decide to run for president? The presidency is only 8 years max, maybe the person would like to return to his/her business after serving as president.

On the other hand, with every move the President makes questions will be raised about whether he/she personally benefited. So there's a perception of conflict even if there isn't any.

Trump is correct that the President, Vice President, and members of Congress are exempt from conflict of interest law.

However his opponents and the media won't be satisfied until the entire business is divested and placed into a blind trust. I don't see how that can happen before he takes office.

It's one thing to sell a peanut farm it's another to sell Trump's international real estate holdings.

Even if he puts his business into someone else's hands he'll still be aware of the assets so he'll still be accused of having a conflict.

It would take years to sell everything and he probably has no intention of doing that anyway.

So this will be a huge source of noise from Democrats and the left, for the duration of his presidency.

32 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

So the trade off for having a non-politician is that we get someone who quite likely has large business dealings, many of them involving foreign governments, riding on every action he makes. I'm not willing to concede that one is better than the other just yet.

One of the reasons I didn't vote for Trump is because I don't trust him to set policies that don't help his business interests. If it helps all business then fine but I'm not convinced. It will happen and it is going to be a problem.