• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

protesting, yes. not near the level of looting going on as things have settled down quite a bit/antifa has moved on.

heard a rumor that there are plans to ramp up the intensity this weekend with violence in some places. we'll see.

Where did you hear this rumor? Del Taco?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

why do you think so many poor people turn to drugs/alcohol? not being a smart ass, just wondering why this seems to be such a huge recurring truth across the country.

I don’t think you’re being a smart ass.  I mean there’s a lot to this.  Substance abuse is often related to depression and anxiety, that’s true regardless of your economic position.  As you can imagine, being poor is complicator for depression and anxiety.  There’s also the reality that poor people use drugs as way to try and make money.  Anyway there’s a lot to it like I said.  There’s not really a simple answer here. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think you’re being a smart ass.  I mean there’s a lot to this.  Substance abuse is often related to depression and anxiety, that’s true regardless of your economic position.  As you can imagine, being poor is complicator for depression and anxiety.  There’s also the reality that poor people use drugs as way to try and make money.  Anyway there’s a lot to it like I said.  There’s not really a simple answer here. 

i think it ought to be part of the discussion nationally. 

as much as there is a need for police reform, there's every bit as much of a need for reform within society in how we live and treat others individually. i don't want to victim blame here, but i think there needs to be a discussion about people living responsibly and not breaking the law. we can't and shouldn't expect that this is only a policing issue.

25 minutes ago, Tank said:

i think it ought to be part of the discussion nationally. 

as much as there is a need for police reform, there's every bit as much of a need for reform within society in how we live and treat others individually. i don't want to victim blame here, but i think there needs to be a discussion about people living responsibly and not breaking the law. we can't and shouldn't expect that this is only a policing issue.

How about we do a discussion about prioritizing a dignified wage for all working Americans before we get into the figuring out new twisted ways to punish people for being poor thing. 

Edited by UndertheHalo