• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

9 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

So everyone always thought of Trump as a racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobe who hates Muslims before he ran, right? I'm sure you must have.

Just like stores now pulling Ivanka's clothing line off the shelves. Like she's a different person now because her dad is PE

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

41 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause 

State laws cannot override federal laws unless they explicitly declare that the federal law is invalid. The current marijuana laws do not explicitly invalidate the federal law. So, it's up to the President and the Attorney General to decide whether or not to prosecute States for defying federal law.

I think Trump will keep his word, though. If he doesn't, then a state could theoretically nullify the federal law prohibiting marijuana (or whatever) and then challenge it via the supreme court. That's probably not going to happen, though.

Either way, my biggest concern right now is ISIS and terrorism.

Why?

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Another in my series of overlapping Venn diagrams: people who were excited about hope and change in 2008 and were defending Hillary during the election 

You realize that diagram looks like a diaphragm?

5 minutes ago, cezero said:

i'll probably tune in next year when donald pardons himself

Well, he's come out and said there are no conflicts of interest with running his business and being president.

“The law’s totally on my side, meaning, the president can’t have a conflict of interest.”

1 hour ago, Glen said:

People living in the US being concerned about ISIS are like people in Kansas being concerned about a Tsunami.

Tell that to the San Bernardino victims' families. I'm sure they'd agree with your brilliant metaphor

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yet you claim to vote with the greater good in mind.  So why can't someone in America be bothered or worry about ISIS?  

So the same people who say, "if only one life is saved..." when advocating gun control, say we shouldn't worry about ISIS because the odds of being killed are low.

Venn diagram?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

So the same people who say, "if only one life is saved..." when advocating gun control, say we shouldn't worry about ISIS because the odds of being killed are low.

Venn diagram?

Well, if you're referring to me I've never said anything like the former. I've advocated for procedures similar to getting a driver's license to apply to guns but I've never made the appeal to the heart you mentioned.  

And yes, worrying about an ISIS attack in America is mostly an exercise in fear.  How many ISIS attacks have there been in America and how many people have been affected?  Yes, plan for them and do what you can to prevent them within reason,but for the masses it's not something you need to spend your life worrying about.

16 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

So, what does that shitty article have to do with exterminating ISIS and terrorism? Should we just sit idly and wait for another attack only to dismiss it because furniture has a greater chance of killing us?

Have some perspective.

10 hours ago, Lou said:

Another in my series of overlapping Venn diagrams: people who were excited about hope and change in 2008 and were defending Hillary during the election 

yeah, i didn't get that one either. both sides are acting the same so it's pointless to defend one side or act holier than thou.