• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

20 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Chuck plenty of libs in this forum acknowledge Obama drone strikes. In fact UTH mentions it a few posts above yours. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post.

Fair enough, @Kevin.

I didn't see UTH's posts before I responded yesterday. Typically there's either crickets or a link to disprove an argument from the other side's favorite liberal media outlet, which is pretty much the same as crickets.

Have a happy Friday and great weekend, Kevin. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Fair enough, @Kevin.

I didn't see UTH's posts before I responded yesterday. Typically there's either crickets or a link to disprove an argument from the other side's favorite liberal media outlet, which is pretty much the same as crickets.

I should have clarified myself a little more. The numerous times its been brought up in this forum it has been acknowledged by some libs. 

Travel safe to Florida Chuck.

40 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Fair enough, @Kevin.

Just about all the libs acknowledge and condemn his drone strikes here. That's a bogus argument.

2 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

It was an obvious exaggeration, but I was thinking 20 mil in my head so glad to know I'd nail that trivia question.

But actually you make a good point, as Trump is doing similar things with his enemies; only going for imprisonment rather than execution. He's about as close to Stalin you can get in a modern-day republic.

sorry, these aren't nearly the same situation in any way, shape, or form.

16 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Enjoy the cocktail Brandon, but turn the channel. There will be no fireworks in this one tonight from me at least. I won't take the bait.

I'm busy packing for an early flight on Saturday to Tampa. 

Going to enjoy some Covid-19 free beaches thanks to Ron DeSantis with my girls.

IMG_20200521_200735.jpg

Ok so I know the one on the left is far too young, but the one on the right? Is it....is it safe to enter my bunk?

@Chuckster70 I really need some info here. 

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I think that's actually what made me think of Stalin in the first place, as I think I've heard people make the comparison due to the way Trump goes after his enemies.

Is it the same scale as Stalin? Of course not. Are there parallels? Incontrovertibly.

As far as the deaths, ironically he's killing mostly his own constituency. 

i can't see how you are coming to this conclusion, that these are parallel events.

stalin specifically targeted his (perceived) enemies, which was anyone loyal to lenin or who knew lenin or had a family member that worked for lenin. rounded them up, hid them away in death camps, and then systematically executed them.

trump has done nothing remotely close to this. he's embarrassed people and publicly shamed his enemies and detractors, but murder? no. these are not similar.

now if you wanted to throw hillary into this, you might be on to something.

#epsteindidntkillhimself

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, that's bogus. Even doctors and high leveled healthcare people didn't know or understand what was going on as things unfolded.

Well that's part of the job of a pandemic response team. But Trump got rid of them remember? or that's not his fault either?

I don't get why people are dying on the hill of it being Trump's fault.

Well I don't know, instead of golfing he could have shut down the country earlier and mobilized the DPA sooner. But you know the stock market is more important than human life. This was a time sensitive emergency and he failed miserably to act on time, thus costing more lives than necessary. That's entirely his fault.

I'm not political, but being a rational human being, blaming Trump for deaths (when there are levels and departments that handle these things) is beyond moronic.

Trump fired those departments, including the CDC team in.......you guessed it Wuhan, China. What's moronic is believing the president didn't make any mistakes and is completely powerless to do anything about this.

7 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Well that's part of the job of a pandemic response team. But Trump got rid of them remember? or that's not his fault either?

Well I don't know, instead of golfing he could have shut down the country earlier and mobilized the DPA sooner. But you know the stock market is more important than human life. This was a time sensitive emergency and he failed miserably to act on time, thus costing more lives than necessary. That's entirely his fault.

Trump fired those departments, including the CDC team in.......you guessed it Wuhan, China. What's moronic is believing the president didn't make any mistakes and is completely powerless to do anything about this.

Calm down. There's a middleground here.

Trump handled things poorly, but blaming him for all the deaths and mistakes that have been made by far more than just himself is unreasonable.

He deserves blame. Lots of people do.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Trump handled things poorly, but blaming him for all the deaths and mistakes that have been made by far more than just himself is unreasonable.

Agree.

Trump could have done better job.

But who would have done a better job?

There is nothing to compare it to.

When was the last time the entire world was shut down? Even talking about shutting everything down a month earlier would have met with skeptics also.

It was a no win situation for whoever was president.

There will always be some who say it was too early and some who say it was too late.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Ok so I know the one on the left is far too young, but the one on the right? Is it....is it safe to enter my bunk?

@Chuckster70 I really need some info here. 

That's a pic of Mom and Daughter. 

Don't even hint as to what your next move is.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Agree.

Trump could have done better job.

But who would have done a better job?

There is nothing to compare it to.

When was the last time the entire world was shut down? Even talking about shutting everything down a month earlier would have met with skeptics also.

It was a no win situation for whoever was president.

There will always be some who say it was too early and some who say it was too late.

Agreed