• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Yes it is. It actually says, Give me double chocolate cherry chunk or give me death. 

I like daiquiri ice, so there's that.

Received a letter in the mail today that said that it was from the IRS. Since I don't usually get audited and there was no weird stuff on my tax return, I wasn't sure what it would be. Lo and behold, it was an oh-so-personal note from Dear Leader, making sure that he got his name in front of me in connection with the stimulus payment,. since I have direct deposit. The letter says, in part:

"America's drive, determination, innovation and sheer willpower have conquered every previous challenge - and they will conquer this one too. Just as we have before. America will triumph yet again - and rise to new heights of greatness.

My first thoughts were (a) Trump didn't write this, because it is far too coherent and the words are too big, and (b) I thought that this whole thing was a Democratic hoax concocted to make him look bad.

Take two Tide Pods and call me in the morning.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

5 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I like daiquiri ice, so there's that.

Received a letter in the mail today that said that it was from the IRS. Since I don't usually get audited and there was no weird stuff on my tax return, I wasn't sure what it would be. Lo and behold, it was an oh-so-personal note from Dear Leader, making sure that he got his name in front of me in connection with the stimulus payment,. since I have direct deposit. The letter says, in part:

"America's drive, determination, innovation and sheer willpower have conquered every previous challenge - and they will conquer this one too. Just as we have before. America will triumph yet again - and rise to new heights of greatness.

My first thoughts were (a) Trump didn't write this, because it is far too coherent and the words are too big, and (b) I thought that this whole thing was a Democratic hoax concocted to make him look bad.

Take two Tide Pods and call me in the morning.

The letter had his signature on it? If that wasn't paid for by his campaign, that sounds like a campaign finance violation.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s good politics.  FDR did the same kind of thing X1000.  I have no issue with it.  He should be doing it and Americans should know that their government is giving them something. 

He does this shit all the time though. The only thing Trump gives a fuck about is Trump. 

24 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

He does this shit all the time though. The only thing Trump gives a fuck about is Trump. 

Hey no lies detected but let’s not imagine it’s not like that for just about all politicians.  I guess I’m just not gonna hold it against him that he’s playing the game correctly here.  Also, I do think there’s value in making it stupidly clear to people that the state can and should give it’s citizens things.  Particularly during hardship.  That all said, @calscuf is probably right  that it still won’t penetrate some peoples skulls. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

The letter had his signature on it? If that wasn't paid for by his campaign, that sounds like a campaign finance violation.

It did. Facsimile, of course, but it was signed by Kim Jong Trump. The signature looked a lot like ventricular fibrillation, for those familiar with EKGs.

He did the same thing with the stimulus checks, which delayed payments to a lot of the people who could not get direct deposit. Normally, anything like that has the signature of the Secretary of the Treasury on it. Trump insisted that his signature be on the checks instead, which the IRS system was not set up for.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 4/27/2020 at 6:33 PM, UndertheHalo said:

It’s good politics.  FDR did the same kind of thing X1000.  I have no issue with it.  He should be doing it and Americans should know that their government is giving them something. 

No, it's not good politics. It's desperate and deceitful. Not exactly good qualities I want from a president.

1. It's taxpayer money given back to the taxpayer, it's not Trump's money.

2. Congress appropriated the money, not him.

47 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

No, it's not good politics. It's desperate and deceitful. Not exactly good qualities I want from a president.

1. It's taxpayer money given back to the taxpayer, it's not Trump's money.

2. Congress appropriated the money, not him.

Didn’t you say you’re spite voting for him ? Hopefully you’ve backed off of that stupidity. 

it is good politics because it’s the sort of thing that’s effective.  Whether you like it or not doesn’t matter.  Like I said in my other post.  If it drills into anyone’s head that the government can and should give people benefits.  Money in this case.  Then that’s a net positive.  I don’t give a fuck about whether he’s taking credit and I don’t care about arguing whether he’s due credit.  He came out to the left of congressional Democratic leadership.  The worthless fucking idiots let Donald Trump outflank them from the left.  So sorry, I couldn’t possibly give less of a fuck about him dunking on them by planting his signature on the checks. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Didn’t you say you’re spite voting for him ? Hopefully you’ve backed off of that stupidity. 

it is good politics because it’s the sort of thing that’s effective.  Whether you like it or not doesn’t matter.  Like I said in my other post.  If it drills into anyone’s head that the government can and should give people benefits.  Money in this case.  Then that’s a net positive.  I don’t give a fuck about whether he’s taking credit and I don’t care about arguing whether he’s due credit.  He came out to the left of congressional Democratic leadership.  The worthless fucking idiots let Donald Trump outflank them from the left.  So sorry, I couldn’t possibly give less of a fuck about him dunking on them by planting his signature on the checks. 

I just imagine Pence holding up a toy basketball hoop over Pelosi's head and Trump just dunks a rubber ball in her face and the Space Jam theme plays for 11 straight hours.