• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We had one, until Trump defunded it because it was an Obama program.

Better then nothing. I don’t know if it that entity was enough.  I understand what you’re trying to say.  But it’s important to understand that what has happened to many government programs and agencies isn’t just a consequence on Donald Trump.  It’s misguided and a mistake to assign everything to him.  The problems don’t begin and end with Trump and the reality is that generally the Democratic Party has been complicit and actively participating in the conservative tear down of the country. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

I feel like it's almost common policy to get rid of programs the previous administration put in place, particularly if it was put in place by the other party.

It looks dumb in this particular case, but I doubt it's only Trump that has done this.

Don't get me wrong, dude's a petty, narcissistic c*nt. But I don't think this was an anti Obama thing.

My opinion is that it is purely that.

Not that there aren't government programs that needed to go, but it seems that Trump's focus has been on cutting anything that helps individual citizens, and funneling that money to military spending and tax cuts for the wealthy - which they promptly used to buy back their own stock instead of investing in jobs, which is how it was sold to us.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, mtangelsfan said:

The W.H.O.  appears to have become a mouthpiece for China.

China “stalled for weeks” in allowing WHO experts to visit in January and February, Oakley said, “and the WHO never criticized them for the delay and even praised China for its ‘transparency.’ ” Until recently, Trump has repeatedly praised China for “working really hard” on the virus, and during this same period offered thanks for “their efforts and transparency.”

I would say both the WHO and Trump were just too accepting of the propaganda China was feeding them. 

The world health organization failed to not be gamed by the Chinese government.  Trump wants a scapegoat and they’re an easy target for his fucking mouth breather base.  They absolutely love this shit.  A multinational organization that isn’t completely answerable to the United States ?   Demonic.  Anyway, It’s the WHO own fault.  They did not handle the crisis well.   And here we are. 

anyway, because nothing matters or means anything in this country, Trump is on tape lauding the efforts of the Chinese government to contain the virus.  How is that any better then what the WHO did ? I don’t know.  So there ya go.  That’s how seriously you can take his criticisms.  It’s all politics.  He needs somewhere to deflect.  The thing Americans should be angry about is that we have a state that can’t respond to crisis.   Even if Trump  And his administration had done everything right for a lot of reasons we just aren’t able to handle problems like this very well.  And it’s not like it’s a surprise.  Look at the natural disasters we’ve had over the years.  This one just isn’t localized.  Things could be less shitty.  But they’re not. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

The theme of that ad is what Trump is going to run with the entire summer and fall and it’s going to be extremely effective.  Completely predictable.  The Democratic establishment put an elder abuse victim at the top of the ticket.  Unless Biden is in some German illegal stem cell research bunker having his brain synapses regrown all of the “Joe Biden needs to wear diaper and has dementia stuff” is going to continue to be validated every. single. time. he opens his mouth.  

it’s no mystery why he shows up on tv once every 2 weeks. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The theme of that ad is what Trump is going to run with the entire summer and fall and it’s going to be extremely effective.  Completely predictable.  The Democratic establishment put an elder abuse victim at the top of the ticket.  Unless Biden is in some German illegal stem cell research bunker having his brain synapses regrown all of the “Joe Biden needs to wear diaper and has dementia stuff” is going to continue to be validated every. single. time. he opens his mouth.  

it’s no mystery why he shows up on tv once every 2 weeks. 

It is almost cruel to put him out there. I got to believe something will change at the convention. Maybe switch the ticket and run someone trump won’t have a lot of time to attack. Mrs Obama comes to mind but a big risk for her. She may wait until 2024

1 hour ago, angelinkc said:

It is almost cruel to put him out there. I got to believe something will change at the convention. Maybe switch the ticket and run someone trump won’t have a lot of time to attack. Mrs Obama comes to mind but a big risk for her. She may wait until 2024

You know people keep saying that he’ll get replaced but I really don’t think he will.  I think the DNC doesn’t care about winning in November.  I think they’re completely indifferent to it. 

i think there’s a small chance he steps aside himself and at that point who knows.  But I really doubt it.   As far as Michelle Obama.  I think the last thing she wants is an actual political position.  They’ve got a real nice set up right now.  Why fuck it up ? And if she actually does care about anything (deeply questionable).  Honestly, she can probably do more to further whatever cause in the situation she’s in now.