• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Image tagged in trump uncle sam - Imgflip

A story has just surfaced that Trump - the president who told health care workers to just reuse personal protective equipment in the face of shortages - heavily considered and was fortunately talked out of doing nothing at all in response to  COVID-19, and just letting it wash over the entire country.

This is the kind of thinking that we have at the highest level of our government.

To ignore the economy and just blindly follow what doctors say isn't prudent either 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I am now jobless.  It sucks big time.  There is a scale that will lose balance sooner or later.

I completely sympathize, and I am not against moving forward. We just have to be careful how we do it. If people immediately cut loose and don't observe virus prevention guidelines, this thing will explode and overwhelm our health care system.

I have seen first had what this does. This isn't the flu, as much as people want to compare the two.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Much better to blindly follow someone who has no understanding of, or respect for, medicine or science.

49 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

To present false dilemmas is rather imprudent as well.

I’m advocating for a balance here and take both things into account when making decisions 

9 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Image may contain: 7 people, possible text that says 'OFFICIALS ON COUNCIL TO RE-OPEN AMERICA MARK MEADOWS IVANKA TRUMP JARED KUSHNER STEVEN MNUCHIN /FOX NEWS LARRY KUDLOW ROBERT LIGHTHIZER WILBUR ROSS'

Big shock that Trump would pack the thing with family members and various other yes-men. Not a single scientist or physician in the bunch.

We already have a task force with them on it. Medical experts are not the ones to talk economics just like economic experts shouldn’t make medical decision. Hopefully the two task forces are communicating with each other 

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Why would a physician be on an economic/business council?

We are talking about re-opening the country during a time of global pandemic. It would make sense to at least consult someone who understands infection and prevention methods to decide exactly what the mechanics of it should be. That said, he might say something other than ,"Yes, Mr. President, that is a great idea", and that is not acceptable in Trump's White House.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

We already have a task force with them on it. Medical experts are not the ones to talk economics just like economic experts shouldn’t make medical decision. Hopefully the two task forces are communicating with each other 

They won't, and that is the point. This group will decide everything. The makeup of the panel alone makes it clear that Trump will get his way regardless. When our health care system goes to Hell in a handbasket because there are more COVID-19 cases than they can handle, people need to remember these names.

14 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They won't, and that is the point. This group will decide everything. The makeup of the panel alone makes it clear that Trump will get his way regardless. When our health care system goes to Hell in a handbasket because there are more COVID-19 cases than they can handle, people need to remember these names.

That’s fair 

It's a touchy subject with me, given that I am risking exposure every day at work to keep people safe in what has been deemed an essential agency. My reward will no doubt be being furloughed as soon as we are clear of this. Governor Sisolak has already sent out a letter to state employees about the massive decline in state revenue.

If reasonable precautions aren't taken as we reopen society, we will see a massive increase in COVID cases. That is my concern about only business people being on the panel to decide reopening. Just as important, and perhaps more so, is to decide how to proceed as well as when.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't get it.

The meme demands we die for the economy by going back to work but ignores how so many lower income people never left work. It's libs bullshit targeting Trump and forgetting their poor they supossedly defend isn't being protected in any way. 

Trump’s douche statement of the day. 

“The President of the United States has the authority to do what the President has the authority to do, which is very powerful.” 
“The President of the United States calls the shots”