• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Not picking on you, but I've always wondered how this became a negative stereotype for blacks. Seriously, who doesn't like fried chicken and watermelon? 

I love fried chicken, but don't like watermelon. I also hate cucumbers, F those things.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

My comments from the beginning were almost all about Trump's character, or lack of, but as things dragged on it became harder and harder to make a case that Hillary was even a smidge better in that regard.

Exactly. People who say those emails didn't mean anything are sorely mistaken. They served as a constant reminder as to how dishonest and corrupt she and her clan have been. 

4 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Gotta love Pops lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-gregg-popovich-lets-his-voice-be-heard-about-donald-trumps-election/

"Right now I'm just trying to formulate thoughts. It's too early. I'm just sick to my stomach. Not basically because the Republicans won or anything, but the disgusting tenor and tone and all of the comments that have been xenophobic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic."

"I live in that country where half of the people ignored all of that to elect someone. That's the scariest part of the whole thing to me. It's got nothing to do with the environment and Obamacare, and all of the other stuff. We live in a country that ignored all of those values that we would hold our kids accountable for. They'd be grounded for years if they acted and said the things that have been said in that campaign by Donald Trump."

"I look at the Evangelicals and I wonder, those values don't mean anything to them? All of those values to me are more important than anybody's skill in business or anything else because it tells who we are, and how we want to live, and what kind of people we are.

did he explain how Hillary and all of her lying and corruption uphold the values he subscribes to so dearly? 

should Evangelicals have rallied around her when she has proven to be a scumbag, too? 

4 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Gotta love Pops lol

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-gregg-popovich-lets-his-voice-be-heard-about-donald-trumps-election/

"Right now I'm just trying to formulate thoughts. It's too early. I'm just sick to my stomach. Not basically because the Republicans won or anything, but the disgusting tenor and tone and all of the comments that have been xenophobic, homophobic, racist, misogynistic."

"I live in that country where half of the people ignored all of that to elect someone. That's the scariest part of the whole thing to me. It's got nothing to do with the environment and Obamacare, and all of the other stuff. We live in a country that ignored all of those values that we would hold our kids accountable for. They'd be grounded for years if they acted and said the things that have been said in that campaign by Donald Trump."

"I look at the Evangelicals and I wonder, those values don't mean anything to them? All of those values to me are more important than anybody's skill in business or anything else because it tells who we are, and how we want to live, and what kind of people we are.

His opinion is fine but evangelicals vote largely on the abortion issue. One candidate said he was pro-life

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Not picking on you, but I've always wondered how this became a negative stereotype for blacks. Seriously, who doesn't like fried chicken and watermelon? 

The stereotype became additive, post Civil War. The first part was watermelon that was considered a reward to the slaves for doing a good job. It reinforced the fallacy that black people were still primates and craved sweets and fruits and the watermelon became that symbol. 

Fried chicken association came much later and was presented as blacks being unruly and lazy with their feet propped up on a desk and eating fried chicken with their bare hands  (like most people do these days) in the silent  movie Birth of a Nation.

Racist culture put them together and fried chicken and watermelon was the preferred food of lazy, thiefing black people that stole chickens and gorged on watermelon. 

My family used to picnic with fried  chicken, potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans and watermelon as dessert at the park just like most of the other white people on Orange County at the time. No one had a single though that it was symbolizing anything other than just what you bring to a park. 

Now it would be considered uncouth and racist if you were inviting a black person to join in. I hate stereotypes that strip us of simple pleasures because some jackaasses from 100 years ago had tiny dicks and didn't get their way.

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

His opinion is fine but evangelicals vote largely on the abortion issue. One candidate said he was pro-life

Exactly, most of them are willing to ignore all the other bad stuff, as long as he might deliver on that key issue. Hypothetically, I'm guessing the majority of them would have voted for him over Kaine, even though we actually know that Kaine is against it morally. 

Just now, InsideThePark said:

Exactly, most of them are willing to ignore all the other bad stuff, as long as he might deliver on that key issue. Hypothetically, I'm guessing the majority of them would have voted for him over Kaine, even though we actually know that Kaine is against it morally. 

Probably. I think for most it's the number one issue. 

10 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

I think every Catholic I know is a Democrat, yet abortion is pretty much the worst thing you can do as a Catholic. That's the part I never understood.