• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

i think you're giving a lot of these people to much credit.  The people on this board are pretty articulate but the reality is that this country is full of morons.  Its true on both sides, but these days especially on the right -  hence Trump.  I highly doubt that the possible future leanings of the supreme court is in the calculus of most Trump voters.  Its definitely among if not the most consequential issues on the table this election though.  

Yep especially on the right, since the left gave us Hilary, who's claim to fame will be, "she was just good enough to beat the worst republican candidate ever".  What a pathetic opinion  

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

14 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

i think you're giving a lot of these people to much credit.  The people on this board are pretty articulate but the reality is that this country is full of morons.  Its true on both sides, but these days especially on the right -  hence Trump.  I highly doubt that the possible future leanings of the supreme court is in the calculus of most Trump voters.  Its definitely among if not the most consequential issues on the table this election though.  

I can only tell you the things I've heard from others, which doesn't include republicans on this board.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yep especially on the right, since the left gave us Hilary, who's claim to fame will be, "she was just good enough to beat the worst republican candidate ever".  What a pathetic opinion  

Ouch man, though i've got to say.  I feel like you just validated my point.  They're the ones that picked the "worst republican candidate ever"

The constituents on the Democrat side had two options to choose from: Hillary or Bernie. They chose right. The blame goes to the Democratic establishment for not providing better options.

On the other hand, the Republican base had 17 people to choose from and they nominated the worst candidate. The fault goes to their voters for not selecting a half-decent nominee. They actually had some pretty good options.

https://theringer.com/six-reasons-conservatives-should-not-vote-for-donald-trump-df1df2a9f8c5#.c1upyoa4e

"This doesn’t make good copy on the conservative blogs, but the reality is the U.S. can survive four more years of a liberal president, with a Republican check in Congress. (This part is important. Republicans, make sure you vote for your Republican Congressional candidates.)

The question is can we survive four years of someone who shreds those checks and the Constitution altogether? Someone who ends American global leadership? Someone who is so insecure he might get us into a war over a tweet? Someone who is so vile that he would scare millennial voters off of conservative governance for a generation"

11 hours ago, captain howdy said:

1. it's good to see that with all of these vile threats and actions against her business and it's people, she waited 3 weeks to publicly explain what went into their decision

2. is there anything more meaningless than a newspaper endorsement?  I should probably find out which candidate my pager company is backing before I cast my ballot. 

The media are not in love with Hillary, but they obviously prefer her to Trump.

After she is elected they will turn on her. It will be a very short honeymoon.

The libs will get their SC justice(s). U.S. will continue to circle the drain.

Open borders...yay

I like how this was completely ignored.

DONALD J. TRUMP’S FIVE-POINT PLAN FOR ETHICS REFORM

“It’s Time To Drain The Swamp In Washington, D.C. That’s Why I’m Proposing A Package Of Ethics Reforms To Make Our Government Honest Once Again.” - Donald J. Trump

First: I am going to re-institute a 5-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government for 5 years after they leave government service. I am going to ask Congress to pass this ban into law so that it cannot be lifted by executive order.

Second: I am going to ask Congress to institute its own 5-year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staffs.

Third: I am going to expand the definition of lobbyist so we close all the loopholes that former government officials use by labeling themselves consultants and advisors when we all know they are lobbyists.

Fourth: I am going to issue a lifetime ban against senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

Fifth: I am going to ask Congress to pass a campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections.

Not only will we end our government corruption, but we will end the economic stagnation.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

The religious right is anti-abortion. A republican like trump would appoint conservative judges to SCOTUS that might overturn roe v. wade. It's one of the reasons I hear most for why R's want to vote for him.

There's no way Roe v. Wade ever gets overturned, unfortunately. I'd be more concerned about late-term abortion and partial-birth abortion being legalized.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think that way with most politicians.  I guess somewhere along the line we will have to at least let one of these scalawags try.

Scalawags?  I applaud your choice of a somewhat obscure word, but calling them "scalawags" is downplaying it a bit.  And no, it isn't time to give Trump a try.  

1 hour ago, captain howdy said:

Sorry.  When I see "Trump" and "Ethics" in the same sentence, I typically brush it off as a joke post or an onion article.

Exactly.  Trump has the ethics of the worst used-car salesman, the dude who would cheat his dying grandma if it meant a sale.  The ideas he put forth are worthwhile, but coming from him it's like me talking about being selective with the WYHI question.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

There's no way Roe v. Wade ever gets overturned, unfortunately. I'd be more concerned about late-term abortion and partial-birth abortion being legalized.

Agree with the former, disagree with the latter.  I don't think there's any danger of those being overturned, except for emergency cases (which might already be legal, I'm not sure).

5 hours ago, Jay said:

The media are not in love with Hillary, but they obviously prefer her to Trump.

After she is elected they will turn on her. It will be a very short honeymoon.

The libs will get their SC justice(s). U.S. will continue to circle the drain.

Open borders...yay

Can you give me one piece of solid evidence about this "open borders" thing?  I have a feeling it's gonna be the next "Obama is coming for our guns" rallying cry for the next four years.

7 minutes ago, Glen said:

Scalawags?  I applaud your choice of a somewhat obscure word, but calling them "scalawags" is downplaying it a bit.  And no, it isn't time to give Trump a try.  

It was the first word that came to my head but yes, it is understated.

and I don't want to give Trump a try.  

12 minutes ago, Glen said:

Can you give me one piece of solid evidence about this "open borders" thing?  I have a feeling it's gonna be the next "Obama is coming for our guns" rallying cry for the next four years.

It's part of the wikileaks release...

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927

*Hillary Clinton Said Her Dream Is A Hemispheric Common Market, With Open Trade And Open Markets. *“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.” [05162013 Remarks to Banco Itau.doc, p. 28]

Trump > Clinton (by a ton)

I have wavered on Trump from the time he said he was running until now, but anything to keep the corrupt, career politician out of the white house. He's getting my vote for President. 

Plus, I'm ready for a change from the Obama's/Clinton's and would like to see how Trump does when surrounded by smart people in the White House.