• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

20 minutes ago, Glen said:

MT, I know you do a lot of good work with your church. Have you ever worked with victims of sexual assault? I had some experience with it when I was in the Navy. It's not uncommon for women to go along with shit like this for fear of reprisal or even just not being believed. 

No, I haven't.  I just think trying to link Geoff's post to that is over the top.  He is certainly not in any way saying that an unwelcome touch is acceptable.  He isn't saying that if there is an unwelcome touch that the victim wanted it, deserved or caused it.

By the way, props for what you did for those folks.

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 minute ago, Glen said:

See what I posted above.  Of course Trump would think they enjoyed it.

I saw it.  There are absolutely instances where it could/would be sexual assault, no questions.  

I think there's also instances where it's welcomed and you have two consenting adults engaging in ... whatever they're doing.

At each other's throats?  Come on.  

I asked the question to the board in all honesty.  There are few people's opinions here that I respect more than Glen's.  In most cases he opinions are well thought out.  And when he has a bias in place, he is quick to acknowledge that.  He's a Mensch! 

41 minutes ago, Geoff said:

"And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”

I guess that's the line I was referring to.  Almost as if it's welcomed or invited.  Again, not appropriate at all.  But the whole "without her consent" doesn't seem to match up with that line.  

I took the line "they let you do it" as in "They let me get away with it" as in "because I'm I star I could do anything I want to women, even grab them by the pussy, and get away with it."

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/11/rape-victim-hillary-clinton-laughed-blamed-getting-raped/

Rape Victim: Hillary Clinton Laughed At Me And Blamed Me For Getting Raped

Looks like you're as good at fact-checking as is Trump. Not surprising you're throwing out one of his false talking points,  though. Took five seconds to find this.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/ 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

show me where all 7-yr olds haven't gone through puberty and don't know about sex at that age.

i provided proof that you are wrong. you have provided nothing

so I guess it won't be a big deal if a 7-yr old neighbor does something like that to a child of yours or someone close to you. after all, they had no idea what they were doing. ice cream for everyone! 

4 hours ago, nate said:

It still wouldn't be sexual assault, it would be a kid that needs some discipline and education.

okay, both of you are right and both of you are wrong.

what you're both neglecting here is that some kids develop emotionally (and physically) faster than others, while some develop slower than others. you will find 7 year olds that know a reasonable amount about reproduction, some that know a few simple things, and some that know nothing about it. there is absolutely no one-size-fits-all on the spectrum of this particular knowledge for children. i'm pretty sure all of us had at least one friend in high school who didn't know jack squat about sex, right?

Closest thing I found in the video was "I start kissing them. I don't even wait." The next sentence mentions the groping and the line "they let you do it."

I used to think the 2016 Election was entertaining. Now it's a nightmare that won't fucking end.

11 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Closest thing I found in the video was "I start kissing them. I don't even wait." The next sentence mentions the groping and the line "they let you do it."

I used to think the 2016 Election was entertaining. Now it's a nightmare that won't fucking end.

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 3.52.37 PM.png

1 hour ago, Tank said:

okay, both of you are right and both of you are wrong.

what you're both neglecting here is that some kids develop emotionally (and physically) faster than others, while some develop slower than others. you will find 7 year olds that know a reasonable amount about reproduction, some that know a few simple things, and some that know nothing about it. there is absolutely no one-size-fits-all on the spectrum of this particular knowledge for children. i'm pretty sure all of us had at least one friend in high school who didn't know jack squat about sex, right?

this is incorrect and they aren't both right.

the original question was whether a 7 year old knows if they are sexually abusing/assaulting someone. nate says no, but he is incorrect. no matter how slow or fast someone develops, a 7 year old is absolutely capable of knowing what they are doing and why they are doing it.

i just texted a friend of mine that is a therapist specifically working with children (abused/troubled kids) for about 10 years that fit into this exact equation or situation. i will share her clinical response to put this to bed so that we can get back to jay and glen's dick swinging contest of hating the other side.

if children weren't capable of recognizing their actions or repercussions, we wouldn't need someone like her and her field because these troubled kids or the ones that were sexually assaulted wouldn't be cognizant of what happened or is happening when it happens.

i think this stems from the article about the fat chick from the show girls that said she molested her sister or some shit like that. the article and her account of what happened negates name's point because she admits to being aware of what was going on and exploring.

I think Nate's point is that a seven year old is usually incapable of sexual desire, thus any form of "sexual assault" is really just assault, the "sexual" component being more of a post-pubescent thing.

I say "usually" because there are cases in which a child's sexuality is awakened at an early age, but these are rare and often the result of abuse (I'm not talking about the usual "sexual" exploration of boys and girls showing each other their parts...that's different than actually wanting to fuck).

In a way this isn't unlike the question of whether or not children should be held to the same standards as adults. The law says that until you turn 18, the answer is no. If we want to bring in neuroscience, our brains aren't actually fully developed until our mid-20s. The point being, there's a difference between a 7-year old and a 70-year old grabbing pussy.