• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

it's one more thing to hang onto, duh.

why move on with life and focus on what you can control when you can still dwell on the past?

To some people it's the actual barometer of the will of the people.

When cons say the people voted for this, the people voted for that, or the people voted for Trump to do some horse slop and pig vomit..they are wrong..the people voted for Clinton!

18 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

When cons say the people voted for this, the people voted for that, or the people voted for Trump to do some horse slop and pig vomit..they are wrong..the people voted for Clinton!

Maybe the other candidate should have won a couple of swing states, then she could have won the election instead of the popular vote.  The popular vote means dick and if you ask her if she'd rather be president or get the most votes, well I'm pretty sure we know what her answer would be.  

5 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

and to the many everyone has moved on. this is our political system and no "will" is going to change that or make anything different.

conversely, on the flipside, i ask why some orange dude with no political experience or background got just about 50% of the popular vote in this country? that too seems to be a barometer for will of the people.

are you still beating your gore drum too from when he won the popular vote or has that will of the people finally sailed?

37 minutes ago, Brandon said:

and to the many everyone has moved on. this is our political system and no "will" is going to change that or make anything different.

conversely, on the flipside, i ask why some orange dude with no political experience or background got just about 50% of the popular vote in this country? that too seems to be a barometer for will of the people.

are you still beating your gore drum too from when he won the popular vote or has that will of the people finally sailed?

No one is "beating their gums". The fact that Trump not only doesn't have a mandate but also doesn't have the support of the majority of the electorate is proof that the Electoral College needs to be adjusted if we are to have a democracy that accurately represents what the people want. Most people aren't interested in continuing to elect a minority president in a country that decides every election (except for the president) by a majority vote. This isn't 1795 anymore and if you're willing to have the minority dictate to the majority then the status quo is just fine. Those that believe in a democracy aren't comfortable with a system that over represents certain parts of the country just because they did it that way 200 years ago when only white land owners could vote.

If the cons had lost two recent presidential elections after winning the popular vote they would be screaming bloody murder and we'd never hear the end of it and you know what..they'd have a point.   

we get it dude. you're candidate lost so we need to get rid of the electoral college.

as for the rest of your gibberish, just google or go back a bunch of pages where people posted links to articles on why the electoral college is relevant and why it is used. it's not antiquated. it's even more relevant the more populous we become as a society and congregate in certain areas, like california where the vote for clinton was called with just 5% of the vote accounted for.....the most prominent state calling a vote after 5% and we should also dictate what the rest of the country does?

at least be a man about it. the electoral college works, hillary just fucked it up and didn't think she needed to campaign or have a presence in a couple of "blue" states that voted for trump.

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

we get it dude. you're candidate lost so we need to get rid of the electoral college.

I believe I said the Electoral College needs to be adjusted to accurately reflect the electorate.

At least you could try and accurately quote me but that wouldn't be intellectually honest would it.

as for the rest of your gibberish

Of course you think it's gibberish..you didn't understand what i posted.

at least be a man about it.

Weak sauce, dude.

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

as for the rest of your gibberish, just google or go back a bunch of pages where people posted links to articles on why the electoral college is relevant and why it is used. it's not antiquated. it's even more relevant the more populous we become as a society and congregate in certain areas, like california where the vote for clinton was called with just 5% of the vote accounted for.....the most prominent state calling a vote after 5% and we should also dictate what the rest of the country does?

at least be a man about it. the electoral college works, hillary just fucked it up and didn't think she needed to campaign or have a presence in a couple of "blue" states that voted for trump.

23 hours ago, Brandon said:

if i'm trying to make a valid point or rub shit in people's face, i'm going to make sure my spelling is on point. i'd rather look like a douche than an illiterate moron.

nothing like looking uneducated while trying to make an educated point.

What about bad grammar?

@EnglishCop - what is your ruling?

10 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I believe I said the Electoral College needs to be adjusted to accurately reflect the electorate.

At least you could try and accurately quote me but that wouldn't be intellectually honest would it.

Weak sauce, dude.

at least you have the will of the people, man.

you stated it needed to be adjusted to have an accurate depiction of democracy......like the previous decades haven't been correct or were egregious to the population. 

you're whole argument is bullshit the moment you start talking about 200 years, democracy all of a sudden being unhappy the whole time, and your argument is that the system only represents a large majority of society (california!!!!!) which is exactly the opposite of the electoral college and why it is relevant. the whole purpose is to give small states like vermont and idaho a voice even though they are minimal to the overall demographic.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

you stated it needed to be adjusted to have an accurate depiction of democracy......like the previous decades haven't been correct or were egregious to the population. 

Jesus dude, it's late so I'll cut you a little of slack.

I said it needs to be adjusted to accurately reflect the electorate, you know the voters. lol

You are the only one that stated some nonsense about previous election being egregious or some other gibberish.

At least try and get it straight..dude.

1 minute ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Jesus dude, it's late so I'll cut you a little of slack.

I said it needs to be adjusted to accurately reflect the electorate, you know the voters. lol

You are the only one that stated some nonsense about previous election being egregious or some other gibberish.

At least try and get it straight..dude.

right.......

56 minutes ago, Brandon said:

fuck you haha.

i'm multitasking over here and it was a legit typo where i hit another key so it thought i was typing you are.

i knew posting that would lead to a lifetime of scrutiny.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation. Guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow to get the final verdict.

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

at least you have the will of the people, man.

you're whole argument is bullshit the moment you start talking about 200 years, democracy all of a sudden being unhappy the whole time, and your argument is that the system only represents a large majority of society (california!!!!!) which is exactly the opposite of the electoral college and why it is relevant. the whole purpose is to give small states like vermont and idaho a voice even though they are minimal to the overall demographic.

Uh oh, you did it again.

36 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

You're whole diatribe became meaningless when you displayed a profound ignorance of what I posted.

And now he's doing it.  Guess it's contagious.