• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

8 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Sucks we're stuck with Obamacare for now. Eventually more insurance companies and people will pull out until the system collapses on itself. It's unsustainable. 

Almost a direct quote from Trump, but you're not a Trumpet.

10 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Sucks we're stuck with Obamacare for now. Eventually more insurance companies and people will pull out until the system collapses on itself. It's unsustainable. 

So then we go to single payer and the insurance companies thrive? I think they'll have to figure out a way to make this system work.

11 hours ago, Lawrence said:

I hope more people do pull out because at this rate they are making too many stupid ones. Actually don't even put it in anymore and spare us all. I think this defeat calls for a pep rally.  Now we move on to tax reform where it will be ok for your tax dollars to benefit the members at Mar-A-Lago even more bigly.  MAGA!!!

If Trump can do anything he can make many on the left drop any pretense of veneer and look like raging assholes I without even realizing they have. I mean the right doesn't need Trump to do this but still crazy to watch. 

It's difficult to take the GOP seriously after the seven year "dog and pony show" they put on over the evil, horrible, disastrous, etc. ACA that they promised to repeal.

They couldn't even bring it to a vote even though they voted 60 something times to repeal the law when they knew it didn't matter but when they got the power to actually do it they crumbled.

Trump says it's the Democrats fault. lol

So reading everything here from the libs, I am only assuming that Trump failed at repealing ACA and even though he has 3.75 years left (assuming he doesn't quick, get impeached or something else) he won't be able to try to repeal it again?  Is that what happened?  Or is this something that the right can revise and come back and give it another go?  I honestly don't know, but I would assume that they could circle the wagons again and come up with something more agreeable, right?  When I ask this I don't want a "if they had 7 years and couldn't figure it out, what makes you think they can figure it out in the next few years", I am looking for, can they revise their plan and try again?

52 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So reading everything here from the libs, I am only assuming that Trump failed at repealing ACA and even though he has 3.75 years left (assuming he doesn't quick, get impeached or something else) he won't be able to try to repeal it again?  Is that what happened?  Or is this something that the right can revise and come back and give it another go?  I honestly don't know, but I would assume that they could circle the wagons again and come up with something more agreeable, right?  When I ask this I don't want a "if they had 7 years and couldn't figure it out, what makes you think they can figure it out in the next few years", I am looking for, can they revise their plan and try again?

Quick?  Kidding, don't ban me from In N Out. 

In reality he has 1.75 years left, but more like 1 year left.  Because if change/progress isn't made, then in the next congress/senate elections, the Pubs are going to get slaughtered by the overspending Dems. 

But the problem is, looking at 2015, 1/3 of our budget is spent on Health, with another 1/3 spent on SS and unemployment.  And with the system we have now, of guaranteeing insurers of losses, which might be in the last year or two of existing.  As I've been saying since day one.  I'll write you a check right now for $1000.  Guarantee, that you will give me a check back that is blank and good. 

The short term look.  F you Trump.  We win.  The long term look.  Health insurance obligations is continuing to grow, and it's already 1/3 of our budget.  What the F happens in the future.  But in California.  F the future.

Your numbers aren't quite right. From the link you provided:

Mandatory spending makes up nearly two-thirds of the total federal budget. Social Security alone comprises more than a third of mandatory spending and around 23 percent of the total federal budget. Medicare makes up an additional 23 percent of mandatory spending and 15 percent of the total federal budget.

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

Your numbers aren't quite right. From the link you provided:

Mandatory spending makes up nearly two-thirds of the total federal budget. Social Security alone comprises more than a third of mandatory spending and around 23 percent of the total federal budget. Medicare makes up an additional 23 percent of mandatory spending and 15 percent of the total federal budget.

Looking at it closer.  You are right.  it's not 1/3.

total_spending_pie,__2015_enacted.png

It's more of 27% of our entire budget.