• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On March 15, 2017 at 8:46 AM, cezero said:

tiny number of uber rich people being allowed to report an infinitesimal amount of their earnings and pay 25% on it compared to me reporting all of my earning and paying 25% on it. 

yeah, that has an impact on my life

then your problem is with the tax laws, not the individuals.

and Trump's $38 million impacts a lot more people than 25% of (your reported income)

52 minutes ago, red321 said:

What a buffoon. 

Saw an interesting description today. This administration is like a DOS attack. So much stupidity coming from all over, simply overwhelms the press, and everyone elses, ability to keep up. 

Still don't think it's an intentional strategy?

I don't know Thomas. Hell, look at today, don't blame us for referring to a bogus fox report as defense for our bogus statement that the U.K. was wire tapping. I'm not sure you could script this much stupidity and incompetence. 

I think there are people taking advantage of it, I'm just not sure it's the Orange tiny fingered liar. 

I do know, until the press stops trying to be fair and starts calling out lies for lies and not saying, well, there's no evidence to back up his statements, whether intentional or not, it doesn't bode well. And it's not just him, it's an administration full of this. 

41 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Still don't think it's an intentional strategy?

I think it was.  Might be in hindsight a brilliant strategy.  The chances are, he was bugged by someone.  Brits, Russians, Germans, North Koreans, US, someone.  Look at what's come out about the CIA, and what they can do.  With his foreign connections, interactions, and business (pre-presidency) you have to think that he would have been surveiled by someone.  Whether it's a state bug, or an industrial bug, or just a I want to find pictures of Ivanka stalker.   He is about to have Congress formally say, he was not bugged.

Now, if any information comes out, anything at all.  He now has the power to say, I told you so.  If the press report anything, he can say I told you so, or go the route of that's fake news because I wasn't bugged, all you congresspeople and news organizations and intelligence agency's all said I wasn't bugged. 

Going even further.  Say damning information does comes out.  Now with everyone saying he wasn't bugged by any organization.  He can say, that is inadmissable information, because of an illegal wiretap.  He just outplayed everyone with this strategy to make anything 8 years prior, practically untouchable.  Doesn't matter if he's a buffoon with twitter and the mic, he just became a teflon buffoon. 

11 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Soooo, thanks.  I always appreciate an opportunity to read Conservative Tribune dot com.  But nothing in that piece addressed your assertion. 

You said, "He paid a much higher rate than some of the big dogs @ MSNBC..."  That means that some big dogs there paid as much or more than him, while other paid less.  So my question was, which big dogs paid less?

I'll hang up and take your answer off air.

There was an interesting panel the other day on MSNBC. They were talking about Kennedy and the Cuban Missile crisis and how they weren't sure how the French and de Gaulle would view their evidence of Russian nukes. 

Found an excerpt from a times article

During the October crisis, Sorenson writes, JFK dispatched former Secretary of State Dean Acheson to show the CIA's surveillance photos of the Cuban missiles to French President Charles de Gaulle. I don't need to see pictures of the weapons of mass destruction, de Gaulle replied: "The word of the president of the United States is good enough for me."

At some point there will be a real crisis, shit happens, and the US is governed by an Alex Jones website comments section. 

23 hours ago, Geoff said:

Soooo, thanks.  I always appreciate an opportunity to read Conservative Tribune dot com.  But nothing in that piece addressed your assertion. 

You said, "He paid a much higher rate than some of the big dogs @ MSNBC..."  That means that some big dogs there paid as much or more than him, while other paid less.  So my question was, which big dogs paid less?

I'll hang up and take your answer off air.

Do their tax rates really matter if they don't pay their taxes?

Al-Sharpton-Chris-Matthews.jpg?crop=0px%

The Place for Tax Woes: Nine MSNBC Personalities Had Tax Liens Filed Against Them

MSNBC’s hosts have a tax problem.

Heat Street review of public records show that a total of six current, prominent MSNBC pundits have recently settled federal or state tax liens, while one still has tax problems. Moreover, at least two other hosts who recently left the network have also had massive tax liens filed against them.

MSNBC declined to comment, and none of the current or former tax debtors responded to requests for interviews sent through an MSNBC spokesperson.

The Rev. Al Sharpton — MSNBC’s Sunday morning host — easily comes in first place when it comes to “issues” with the taxman. He and his various entities—including several dissolved by New York for failure to pay taxes—currently owe about $1.5 million in state and federal taxes, interest and penalties, according to public records.

It’s a staggering sum, but down substantially from the $4.5 million in outstanding tax liens tallied by the New York Times two years ago. Sharpton has repeatedly said he’s worked out agreements with authorities to settle his tax debt, and a source close to him says he’s been paying it down aggressively, aware of how it may affect his legacy. The reverend has repeatedly called publicly for the wealthy to pay their fair share of taxes.

Several other prominent MSNBC talking heads have settled their tax debt only after liens were filed.

In January 2016, New York filed a lien for more than $2,500 in back taxes against MSNBC daytime anchor Craig Melvin, which he didn’t settle until the final weeks of the year.

It’s not the first time Melvin has run into tax problems, either. In 2010, South Carolina — where he used to anchor local news — filed a tax warrant against him for more than $3,300, which has since been resolved. Melvin has also run into other financial problems, with Discover Bank taking him to court in 2005 over a $3,200 debt.

Melvin has spoken out on air and on social media about the need for the wealthy to pay more taxes.

Melvin is joined by Chris Matthews. Last summer, Maryland took out a lien against the Hardball host and his wife for nearly $4,000 before Matthews paid up.
Joy-Ann Reid also recently settled a New York tax lien for nearly $5,000, filed against her in 2015.

Both Matthews and Reid have repeatedly held forth about tax policy—including together, on the same TV segment.

In 2012, for example, Matthews said that “the key element” of a political battle between John Boehner and Barack Obama was “that there be tax fairness—the people at the top, who now get a tax break of about 5 percent, should not get that anymore because they don’t need it.”

“Right, absolutely,” Reid replied. Later in the same interview, she mentioned how “it was very important to [Obama’s] base that he gets those rates up on the top earners. That was what he promised.” More recently, Reid said that taxation of the wealthy comes down to “a basic fairness argument.”

In 2016, Kristen Welker finally paid off $6,700 in California tax liens. Though she’s offered little personal commentary about tax policy, she has reported on the issue.

Two other recent MSNBC personalities have also grappled with massive tax debt.

Touré Neblett, who was fired by MSNBC in 2015, has had significant tax problems. According to public records from the NYC Department of Finance Office of the City Register, the IRS filed two separate tax liens against him for more than $257,000, covering the years from 2008-2012.

It’s unclear whether he has made any effort to pay off these tax debts, or whether they remain outstanding. Neblett did not respond to our media requests sent to his various social media accounts, and by deadline, his representative for speaking gigs had also failed to respond to our detailed inquiry.

It’s unclear whether he has made any effort to pay off these tax debts, or whether they remain outstanding. Neblett did not respond to our media requests sent to his various social media accounts, and by deadline, his representative for speaking gigs had also failed to respond to our detailed inquiry.

The New York City office that recorded the liens was unable to confirm or deny any payments. The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance said it did not show any state warrants but couldn’t comment on the status of federal tax warrants. By deadline, the Internal Revenue Service hadn’t responded to Heat Street’s detailed query about whether the tax debt was outstanding. 

Melissa Harris-Perry, who left the network in 2016, had a federal tax lien taken out against her for around $70,000 in 2015. She paid it off the following year. She did not respond to Heat Street’s request for comment.

The New York City office that recorded the liens was unable to confirm or deny any payments. The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance said it did not show any state warrants but couldn’t comment on the status of federal tax warrants. By deadline, the Internal Revenue Service hadn’t responded to Heat Street’s detailed query about whether the tax debt was outstanding. 

Melissa Harris-Perry, who left the network in 2016, had a federal tax lien taken out against her for around $70,000 in 2015. She paid it off the following year

10 hours ago, red321 said:

There was an interesting panel the other day on MSNBC. They were talking about Kennedy and the Cuban Missile crisis and how they weren't sure how the French and de Gaulle would view their evidence of Russian nukes. 

During the October crisis, Sorenson writes, JFK dispatched former Secretary of State Dean Acheson to show the CIA's surveillance photos of the Cuban missiles to French President Charles de Gaulle. I don't need to see pictures of the weapons of mass destruction, de Gaulle replied: "The word of the president of the United States is good enough for me."

At some point there will be a real crisis, shit happens, and the US is governed by an Alex Jones website comments section. 

The word of the President hasn't been worth two shits for decades. 

17 hours ago, red321 said:

did de Gualle really call them weapons of mass destruction? 

FBI tells Congress that Russia interfered with our election and that the Trump wiretapping stories were absolute BS.

Of course the GOP doesn't give a shit, but they will still push their voter ID laws that stop the tens of fraudulent votes that happen.

1 hour ago, nate said:

FBI tells Congress that Russia interfered with our election and that the Trump wiretapping stories were absolute BS.

Of course the GOP doesn't give a shit, but they will still push their voter ID laws that stop the tens of fraudulent votes that happen.

Here is the problem.  FBI tells Congress that Russia interfered with our election.  But weeks before the election, FBI said that Russia did not interfere with the election, when it would have actually mattered.   So either the FBI is incompetent, or they were paid off.