• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

No automatic alt text available.

On my fil's FB feed tonight. He did 20 years in the service so not typical "revolutionary" type of guy. He is hardly the "fringe". And cons go he is pretty damn mainstream. So yeah, about Trump not being a hapless duffus and there being a real and present threat to our country's wellbeing...

32 minutes ago, Thomas said:

No automatic alt text available.

On my fil's FB feed tonight. He did 20 years in the service so not typical "revolutionary" type of guy. He is hardly the "fringe". And cons go he is pretty damn mainstream. So yeah, about Trump not being a hapless duffus and there being a real and present threat to our country's wellbeing...

I brought up a similar thing several months ago.  I also have been very alarmed to see that this kind of talk really isn't that fringe on the right and I see it all the time on Facebook etc.  I'm not going out of my way to find this stuff.  A lot of people buy in.  My brothers father in law is a pastor.  So I see all kinds of crazy shit from the evangelical crowd.  These people live in an alternate reality.  I can't repeat it loudly enough.  This is not the fringe on the right side of the spectrum.

Edited by UndertheHalo

33 minutes ago, Thomas said:

On my fil's FB feed tonight. He did 20 years in the service so not typical "revolutionary" type of guy. He is hardly the "fringe". And cons go he is pretty damn mainstream

I can believe that. Hell, look what blarg posted a couple days ago. He was entertaining the idea that Trump *might* be onto something regarding the illegal wiretapping conspiracy. There's something about this president that makes his supporters abandon rational thought.

4 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

I can believe that. Hell, look what blarg posted a couple days ago. He was entertaining the idea that Trump *might* be onto something regarding the illegal wiretapping conspiracy. There's something about this president that makes his supporters abandon rational thought.

I think it's been steadily brewing since Obama was elected.  It of course goes back beyond that, but I really believe that was when the base of the Republican Party truly started to change fundamentally.  The tea party stuff was the first real public displays of it. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, InsideThePark said:

Hell,

There is so much cognitive dissonance on all sides that it's terrifying.

I've thought about the wiretapping. My suspicion is:

1.  Most likely that someone in the government did wiretap Trump Tower. Not in a political vendetta type way as Trump spun it but in a "he's acting kind of shady" and they got the rubber stamp approval from a secret court type of way.
2. The Trump camp suspected that the wiretapping would eventually leak and chose to get WAY... ahead of the story. And instead of the story being that Trump was shady enough to warrant wiretapping, instead the vindictive liberal conspiracy was after him and his supporters rally to his side.

Rather cunning considering what they started with. Evil. But cunning.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think it's been steadily brewing since Obama was elected.  It of course goes back beyond that, but I really believe that was when the base of the Republican Party truly started to change fundamentally.  The tea party stuff was the first real public displays of it. 

Before that with the left saying that W wasn't going to voluntarily leave office didn't exactly help either.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Before that with the left saying that W wasn't going to voluntarily leave office didn't exactly help either.

Oh for sure, don't misunderstand me.  The fringes on either side are vile as far as I'm concerned.  There was outrageous hysteria around the W.  I don't recall many thinking that Bush would try and hold onto power tho lol.  That same nonsense was floated about Obama btw.  Obviously I do tilt left but I'm not blind to the craziness that does exist on I guess my side of the spectrum.  I mostly think I'm pretty close to the center tbh.  That said, I think that on right, the crazies are louder and far more numerous and dangerous then on the other side.  As evidenced by the more and more common messaging in your above post. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

31 minutes ago, Thomas said:

There is so much cognitive dissonance on all sides that it's terrifying.

I've thought about the wiretapping. My suspicion is:

1.  Most likely that someone in the government did wiretap Trump Tower. Not in a political vendetta type way as Trump spun it but in a "he's acting kind of shady" and they got the rubber stamp approval from a secret court type of way.
2. The Trump camp suspected that the wiretapping would eventually leak and chose to get WAY... ahead of the story. And instead of the story being that Trump was shady enough to warrant wiretapping, instead the vindictive liberal conspiracy was after him and his supporters rally to his side.

Rather cunning considering what they started with. Evil. But cunning.

See, now that I can believe as a possible explanation. But of course there's also the possibility that he simply championed Mark Levin's original conspiracy, which was posted on Breitbart the following day. Coincidence? Not so sure, that man loves a good conspiracy... but time will tell.

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh for sure, don't misunderstand me.  The fringes on either side are vile as far as I'm concerned.  There was outrageous hysteria around the W.  I don't recall many thinking that Bush would try and hold onto power tho lol.  That same nonsense was floated about Obama btw.  Obviously I do tilt left but I'm not blind to the craziness that exists does exist on my side of the spectrum.  That said, I think that on right, the crazies are louder and far more numerous and dangerous then on the other side.  As evidenced by the more and more common messaging in your above post. 

Have you read tumblr?  Snapchat?  Even Twitter?  FB is pretty much baseball fan demographic at this point so naturally trends right, outside of FB employees. Granted the right is more dangerous. Perhaps letting them have most of the guns wasn't the best strategy.  It makes sense though that each side mirrors the other. When you're talking about the very large numbers on the right and on the left, for either side to stray far from the mean in behavior traits would be unlikely. The difference being that one side is currently being actively weaponized by those in power and the other is being encouraged to make mildly funny internet memes.

3 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

See, now that I can believe as a possible explanation. But of course there's also the possibility that he simply championed Mark Levin's original conspiracy, which was posted on Breitbart the following day. Coincidence? Wouldn't doubt it for a second, this man loves a good conspiracy... but time will tell.

Seeing that Breirtbart is the propaganda wing of the administration either the dog wagged the tail or the tail wagged the dog.

2 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

I blame Snowden. 

Snowden's most controversial statements: "I, sitting at my desk [could] wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant, to a federal judge or even the president, if I had a personal email.