• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Trump is his own worst enemy.  If he just kept his mouth shut, and off social media, and just focused on running this country.  He'd actually have a chance at being a president that made significant changes in this nation.  Instead, he will face roadblocks after roadblocks because of his mouth.

This is who he has been for 4 decades in the public eye. What rational person thought a 70 year old leopard would be changing his spots just when he's reached the apex of the attention he craves with every breath he takes?

13 minutes ago, Glen said:

Blarg?

What? If this turns out to be true are you going to post more pictures of old man with pants down but call it a self portrait?

This election was so fucked up, so much shady shit done by the Democrats, that this just isn't out of the question. This is Obama's piss party with a hooker story but more believable from the Drone Killer in Chief. His term was when we found out that email and phone tapping was going on with American citizens without warrants.

So pardon me if I laugh while you squirm hoping it isn't true or can be proved. 

39 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What? If this turns out to be true are you going to post more pictures of old man with pants down but call it a self portrait?

This election was so fucked up, so much shady shit done by the Democrats, that this just isn't out of the question. This is Obama's piss party with a hooker story but more believable from the Drone Killer in Chief. His term was when we found out that email and phone tapping was going on with American citizens without warrants.

LOL.  Nice rant and attempted misdirection.  You believed a tweet from Trump, a proven liar, just because you hoped it was true.

I'll make you a deal.  IF this turns out to be true (verified from sources other than Breitbart), then I'll change my avatar for a year to Abe Simpson with his pants down and start a thread in this forum titled "Blarg was right, I was wrong" and bump it once a week.  However, if this accusation goes nowhere all you need to do is change your avatar for three months to Abe Simpson without his pants.  Let's give it until the end of this month before either side has to pay up.  Do we have a deal?

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Trump is his own worst enemy.  If he just kept his mouth shut, and off social media, and just focused on running this country.  He'd actually have a chance at being a president that made significant changes in this nation.  Instead, he will face roadblocks after roadblocks because of his mouth.

I agree, @gotbeer

This is my main beef with the Pres. I thought that after he took office he'd stay off twitter and social media. 

I was wrong. :(

That said, I do like a lot of the stuff he's doing so I'll just remain hopeful that one day (soon) he'll decide to ban himself from social twitter until after he's out of office. 

I think AO needs to have a talk with him about how this is successfully done. :)

From the Twitter feed of David Frum, who served in the George W. Bush Administration. Good to see that some Republicans are realizing what is going on instead of just blindly defending it and going gleefully along.

1) Sessions story today is a sinister confirmation of central thesis of my autocracy article:

2) Donald Trump is a uniquely dangerous president because he harbors so many guilty secrets (or maybe 1 big guilty secret).

3) In order to protect himself, Trump must attack American norms and institutions - otherwise he faces fathomless legal risk

4) In turn, in order to protect their legally vulnerable leader, Republicans in Congress must join the attack on norms & institutions

5) Otherwise, they put at risk party hopes for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to remake US government in ways not very popular with voters

6) American institutions are built to withstand an attack from the president alone. But …

7) … they are not so well-built as to withstand an attack from a conscienceless president enabled by a hyper-partisan Congress

8) The peculiar grim irony in this case is that somewhere near the center of Trump’s story is the murky secret of Trump’s Russia connection

9) Meaning that Trump is rendering his party also complicit in what could well prove …

10) … the biggest espionage scandal since the Rosenberg group stole the secret of the atomic bomb.

11) And possibly even bigger. We won’t know if we don’t look

12) Despite patriotic statements from individual GOPers, as of now it seems that Speaker Ryan & Leader McConnell agree: no looking.

13) So many in DC serenely promise that “checks and balances” will save us. But right now: there is no check and no balance.

14) Only brave individuals in national security roles sharing truth with news organizations.

15) But those individuals can be found & silenced. What then? We take it too much for granted that the president must lose this struggle

16) The “oh he’s normal now” relief of so many to Trump’s Feb 28 speech revealed how ready DC is to succumb to dealmaking as usual.

17) As DC goes numb, citizen apathy accumulates …

18) GOP members of Congress decide they have more to fear from enforcing law against the president than from ignoring law with the president

19) And those of us who care disappear down rabbit holes debating whether Sessions’ false testimony amounts to perjury or not

20) Meanwhile job market strong, stock market is up, immigration enforcement is popular.

21) I’m not counseling despair here. I don’t feel despair. Only: nobody else will save the country if you don’t act yourself. END. 

54 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree, @gotbeer

This is my main beef with the Pres. I thought that after he took office he'd stay off twitter and social media. 

I was wrong. :(

I've heard a few people say that. Seriously, why would you think he'd change? 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

LOL.  Nice rant and attempted misdirection.  You believed a tweet from Trump, a proven liar, just because you hoped it was true.

I'll make you a deal.  IF this turns out to be true (verified from sources other than Breitbart), then I'll change my avatar for a year to Abe Simpson with his pants down and start a thread in this forum titled "Blarg was right, I was wrong" and bump it once a week.  However, if this accusation goes nowhere all you need to do is change your avatar for three months to Abe Simpson without his pants.  Let's give it until the end of this month before either side has to pay up.  Do we have a deal?

Hey, Blarg. Just giving you another chance to cash in on this sweet bet.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

This might be as simple a problem as Trump not having any work to do on Saturdays. He seems to be incapable of just relaxing and doing nothing. That's what weekends are for.

Really, Mr. President, just chill for a couple days. The country will do just fine without your tweets.

Quit making excuses for him. How much lower can you set the bar? It's like you're talking about an autistic kid.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

obama-buggedsm.jpg

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Yeah, no thanks. Let's just keep this civil and follow the stories as they unfold. 

6 hours ago, loofah faced shit gibbon said:

And because the media are a bunch of dumb, gullible c*nts, this is the lead story now, bumping the Russia news.

Well played, Mango.  Well played.

Judging by this thread it isn't just the media. 

2 hours ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

Unless Trump has any evidence or proof (BWAWAWAHAHAHA!) of Obama tapping his phones, he's lying again to distract from Russia.

What's worse?  That blatant obviousness or that it worked. Again.

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'm pretty sure he wants to make significant changes to his pocket book.  And so far he's doing a great job at it. 

This wiretap story that Donald "grab them by the pussy" Trump is trying to float (with zero evidence) just goes to show what a real fool Trump really is. Not only is Trump a fool but he obviously doesn't mind illustrating the fact over and over again.

Anyone that has the power of the presidency, has the power of the Justice Dept. behind them who believes the conspiracy nonsense that comes out of Breitbart, doesn't have the necessities required to be the POTUS. And to think that Bannon is the assistant to the president is scary, but not as scary as the Trump apologist that ignore every crazy thing the fool says. The apologist actually think the crazy shit that comes out of Trump is a ploy to distract the public. lol It's not a strategy, he's just nuts!

Trump is a conspiracy theorist that gets his "facts" (like the birther bs, Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on 9/11, and the wiretap bs) from places like Breitbart..Trump doesn't bother with fake news outlets, he gets the real shit from Breitbart. All of these things are what Trump actually believes. I'd hate to think what else is rolling around inside his brain.