• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

It isn't so just because you believe it is.  The fact is Clinton was unpalatable to a large segment of the population.  You use words like absolution and justification as if voting for someone you despise is some kind of sin.  

Also, it has been less than a month.  

She may have been unpalatable to a large segment of the population but she did win the popular vote by a larger segment of that population!

This is all but dismissed by Trump voters that think "the people" wanted Trump, in fact, "the people" elected Hillary Clinton and rejected Trump's nonsense.

The push back against Trump isn't going to end because he is in fact the minority president and no amount of bs from Trump stating that there was widespread voter fraud that cost him the popular vote is going to change that.

Donald Trump won the election fair and square but he does not represent the majority in the country!

2 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

She may have been unpalatable to a large segment of the population but she did win the popular vote by a larger segment of that population!

This is all but dismissed by Trump voters that think "the people" wanted Trump, in fact, "the people" elected Hillary Clinton and rejected Trump's nonsense.

The push back against Trump isn't going to end because he is in fact the minority president and no amount of bs from Trump stating that there was widespread voter fraud that cost him the popular vote is going to change that.

Donald Trump won the election fair and square but he does not represent the majority in the country!

1. The voter fraud claims are pretty dumb but that seems like par for the course for Trump because once he commits to something he doesn't back down.

2. He may not represent a majority of the country but he's still POTUS so I'm gonna give him the edge.

11 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

The push back against Trump isn't going to end because he is in fact the minority president and no amount of bs from Trump stating that there was widespread voter fraud that cost him the popular vote is going to change that.

"Well I guess at least there won't be more annoying and self destructive movement than the Obama birther 'controversy'"

"Hold my triple shot mocha latte with organic soy milk" -- The left

31 minutes ago, cezero said:

idiots elect a supreme idiot, and still find a way to blame liberals

surreal

Wait.. More democrats voted for the losing candidate. What exactly does that say about the Liberals? That they had 1) no other choice in a fixed primary, 2) they are loyal sheep and never demanded a viable candidate. 

Take responsibility for your own parties failings instead of playing the deplorable game that lost you the election. 

18 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Everybody gets pushback.  I would expect that he would get extra because he is a buffoon.  I think you understood the point of my post.  Demonizing the opposition has failed for the left and yet they have doubled down.

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

1. The voter fraud claims are pretty dumb but that seems like par for the course for Trump because once he commits to something he doesn't back down.

2. He may not represent a majority of the country but he's still POTUS so I'm gonna give him the edge.

and we finally have the answer to the question that has haunted AW for over many a year . . .

Trump = Lowell 

17 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

The Nation as a whole wanted Trump. Densely populated states wanted Hillary. Obviously the word "dense" is appropriate here since those states ignored their economic privilege over the 2/3 majority of states that voted for Trump. In our Republic 2/3 of the House or Senate vote passes any law. And that is what you have for a balanced election,  not 1/3 of the nation choosing the outcome. 

56 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Trump winning was the best thing that could have happened to them if they get their shit in order.  I felt the same way about the dems in 2004 then the reps in 2012 yet both times the incumbent won because the other party trotted out bad candidates or rather they ran on the "I'm not the other guy" platform.

Democrats are who they are and that's a big reason why Trump got elected.  For the last so many years we've heard the dems and SJW's talking about how we have to be tolerant of every little thing and respect people's decisions/way of life/whatever.  Now they've shown that they don't know how to take a loss and it epitomizes the participation trophy generation who thought just showing up was enough.  Like gotbeer I didn't vote for Trump (or Clinton) but seeing people need a safe space and the SJW's having meltdowns has made it at the very least that much more amusing.    

These SJWs are the future democrats. Academia is quite a bit different than when many of us here went to school.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Everybody gets pushback.  I would expect that he would get extra because he is a buffoon.  I think you understood the point of my post.  Demonizing the opposition has failed for the left and yet they have doubled down.

I guess my point is that it gets old listening to people say that Trump won because Hillary was a shitty candidate (a claim that's not accurate and the popular vote proves it) and the Dems are at fault for the loss because they nominated her..more nonsense.

As far as demonizing goes, the right-wing in this country has made an art form out of it. Look no further than the eight years they tried to delegitimize Obama with unfounded conspiracy theories and outright lies.

Not all of them as some people tend to move from the left towards the middle or right as they get older.  It goes both ways of course but I'd bet more people move from left to right than from right to left as they age.  During the primaries there was a poll asking millennial voters if they supported more money going towards certain social causes and/or welfare and the majority were in favor.  When they changed the question to say it would be supported by raising taxes the majority who had jobs were against it hitting their wallets.  Everything sounds good in theory but even some of the most idealistic younger voters realize what sounds good and actually paying for what sounds good are two different things.  

When I was 18 I was a democrat and over the years I continued to put in time at work and towards professional certifications. All the while I saw how much I paid in taxes while some able bodied adults expected a handout while sitting on their asses.  I worked for a non profit working with HUD/Section 8 and came across some very hard working people who deserved help which is what social welfare systems are there for.  At the same time there were others who milked the system that made those voters dependent on it.  I've definitely moved towards the middle or even right on some issues over the last 16 years and I've seen some younger voters doing the same.    

1 hour ago, cezero said:

idiots elect a supreme idiot, and still find a way to blame liberals

surreal

how is it you have no problem seeing trumps faults (which you constantly remind us of) yet you continue to fail to see what a horribly flawed candidate hillary was? 

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Nation as a whole wanted Trump

The Nation as a whole voted for Hillary Clinton by a large margin!

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Densely populated states wanted Hillary.

That's where the people live in 2017, this isn't 1785 anymore and the country doesn't need to fear white land owners getting together and swaying the election.

Donald Trump is the minority president (he represents the minority of voters that elected him) and the vote proves it.

14 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I guess my point is that it gets old listening to people say that Trump won because Hillary was a shitty candidate (a claim that's not accurate and the popular vote proves it) and the Dems are at fault for the loss because they nominated her..more nonsense.

Wait what?!?!  She lost the EV to Trump. She only won the popular by 1% against  pussygrabbing Trump which should be considered astoundingly bad. She was the second least popular mainstream candidate in the modern American political history with only the before mentioned Trump less popular.  She consistently polled less trustworthy than Trump. She spent most of the summer under a legitimate FBI investigation. She even struggled in what was supposed to be a rubber stamp nomination of her party.  She managed to lose the white female vote. And while many didn't take Trump seriously though there were some of us that knew better, it was damn clear that the Democrats were playing with fire when they nominated her.

57 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

She consistently polled less trustworthy than Trump.

11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

it was damn clear that the Democrats were playing with fire when they nominated her.

Donald Trump had the largest negatives in history and he took office with the lowest approval rating in history, plus he lost the popular vote to Clinton. That doesn't jibe with the Hillary was a shitty candidate theory.

Actually I voted for Gary Johnson (same in 2012) and I've voted in every election since I turned 18 in 2000.  It has nothing to do with privilege I just get a kick out of seeing a lot of people on the left who spouted for years about being tolerant not being able to practice what they preach.  Keep talking down to people it just continues to prove the point a lot of people have made in this thread as to one reason why the dems lost.  Being condescending douches and writing the other side off helped Trump get elected.

Just now, Angels#1Fan said:

Donald Trump had the largest negatives in history and he took office with the lowest approval rating in history, plus he lost the popular vote to Clinton. That doesn't jibe with the Hillary was a shitty candidate theory.

So in your world Albert Pujol's signing wasn't shitty because the Josh Hamilton one was worse?

3 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Yes, Hillary was an excellent candidate. Democrats should try to find another person just like her to run next time.