• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

7 hours ago, cezero said:

I loathe Common Core.  It wasn't going to last long anyway...no standardized testing ever does. The only reason change ever happens in education is because some corp thinks they can make money off of it. They always fail, and the corporate lobbyists who pushed for their BIG FUCKING TEST in the first place lose interest when they inevitably start losing money. Then another corporation comes along, lobbies to get their BIG FUCKING TEST implemented, and wash, rinse repeat. Common Core is just the first one to get adopted by so many states. Whatever happens with Common Core,it'll get replaced with something equally stupid at the state level. 

Boy, you are preaching the gospel. When I first started teaching one of my best friends told me how he wasn't going to use some new method that was presented at our teachers convention. When I asked him why not, he said that things in education are very cyclical, and that if wait long enough, it'll leave and then come back sometime down the road in a new and improved format. He told me this 33 years ago, and he's been terribly accurate.dont know long you've been teaching, but it looks like you figured it out also.

besides, Differentiated Instruction is all the rage right now, something that any teacher worth his salt is already doing and will continue to do.

our school doesn't use CC, so I can't really speak to it. The math examples I've seen look like they take a simple concept and make it unnecessarily complicated.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

Boy, you are preaching the gospel. When I first started teaching one of my best friends told me how he wasn't going to use some new method that was presented at our teachers convention. When I asked him why not, he said that things in education are very cyclical, and that if wait long enough, it'll leave and then come back sometime down the road in a new and improved format. He told me this 33 years ago, and he's been terribly accurate.dont know long you've been teaching, but it looks like you figured it out also.

besides, Differentiated Instruction is all the rage right now, something that any teacher worth his salt is already doing and will continue to do.

our school doesn't use CC, so I can't really speak to it. The math examples I've seen look like they take a simple concept and make it unnecessarily complicated.

What?  And this is just from what I hear.  *edit I think it was reason or something how 7 x 3 = 21

7 + 7 + 7 in common core does not equal 21

The correct answer is

3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 21

Edited by gotbeer

Hey look!  It turns out he got debate questions ahead of time!  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/books/review-megyn-kelly-tells-tales-out-of-fox-news-in-her-memoir-settle-for-more.html?smid=tw-share

You guys got what you wanted, hope I was wrong.

His appointments don't look promising though.  White supremacist and former head of Breitbart for CoS?  Jesus freak and pathological liar Ben Carson for secretary of education?  Climate Change denier for energy secretary?

Ugh.

5 minutes ago, nate said:

Hey look!  It turns out he got debate questions ahead of time!  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/books/review-megyn-kelly-tells-tales-out-of-fox-news-in-her-memoir-settle-for-more.html?smid=tw-share

You guys got what you wanted, hope I was wrong.

His appointments don't look promising though.  White supremacist and former head of Breitbart for CoS?  Jesus freak and pathological liar Ben Carson for secretary of education?  Climate Change denier for energy secretary?

Ugh.

This will probably be the funnest four years we have in this forum. 

7 hours ago, cezero said:

How can people not understand that things like campaign finance reform, term limit reform, and free speech = money (lobbying) reform are things the GOP has steadfastly fought against for 50 years. 

It's the kiss of death for the uber rich to reform any of those. 

Jesus. 

To be honest Cez, the Democrats when they had senate and Presidential control never once took a step towards any of those issues. Neither side wants to cut off their own gravy train. 

11 hours ago, Stringfellow said:

think i found my next hide button victim.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/impeach-donald-j-trump-45th-president-united-states-america

anyone who passes this type of shit around social media just doesn't meet the iq quota. impeach someone not sworn in yet.

There are petitions going around asking the Electoral College to change their votes to Clinton. Not much intelligence being displayed these past few days

Harry Reid is throwing fuel on the fire with his statement. Also, IIRC the votes are still being counted and some are predicting Trump will win the popular vote.

http://www.reid.senate.gov/press_releases/2016-11-11-reid-statement-on-the-election-of-donald-trump

“White nationalists, Vladimir Putin and ISIS are celebrating Donald Trump’s victory, while innocent, law-abiding Americans are wracked with fear – especially African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Muslim Americans, LGBT Americans and Asian Americans. Watching white nationalists celebrate while innocent Americans cry tears of fear does not feel like America. ...

“If this is going to be a time of healing, we must first put the responsibility for healing where it belongs: at the feet of Donald Trump, a sexual predator who lost the popular vote and fueled his campaign with bigotry and hate. Winning the electoral college does not absolve Trump of the grave sins he committed against millions of Americans. Donald Trump may not possess the capacity to assuage those fears, but he owes it to this nation to try.

“If Trump wants to roll back the tide of hate he unleashed, he has a tremendous amount of work to do and he must begin immediately.”

12 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Harry Reid is throwing fuel on the fire with his statement. Also, IIRC the votes are still being counted and some are predicting Trump will win the popular vote.

wrong

her lead has increased to 300K (edit...sorry, now 400k)

http://graphics.latimes.com/la-na-pol-2016-election-results-national/

In all likelihood she wins by over a million votes and a greater margin than what Gore won by