• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

thats such a cop out.  boo hoo i don't want to pay more taxes.  as if you're being squeezed so hard.  what is it with you conservatives and your imaginary 'im a victim' world.  Single adult males are the only ones who approach anything that looks like being truly gouged.  I know because i am one.  If you're complaining because you get OT and commissions your real problem is with the way people are increasingly paid these days.  The way these things are taxed can be corrected without electing a fucking monster.  Trumps tax plan is a ridiculous farce.  He's gonna slash everyones taxes while building his wall, hunting down and deporting millions of mexicans and "restoring" our savaged military back to glory ?  yea man, sounds legit.  By all means though stick to your "principals" 

your house is looking good, UTH. 

images-1.jpeg

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'm not going to tell you how to feel about what you get in return from this country.  We obviously disagree.  All the same, it seems to me that your prospects for great tax relief from Trump seem pretty unlikely. 

Tell me what I'll get from my tax dollars after my senior graduates this year?  I'll get roads to drive on and?

The US Military (supposedly) protecting our interests both at home and abroad, the US Postal service, environmental regulation trying to do what it can to at least slow down climate change, the understaffed FDA trying to make sure the food that goes to your table (and restaurant) every day is safe, police and fire departments in case of emergency...those are just a few of the things, Strad.

So just before the movie I watched yesterday.  They had the usual ads at the cheap theaters.  One just had me fuming.  It was a message to get out and vote.  Except it wasn't just get out and vote.  It was aimed at BLM, and May Day, and other minorities to get out and vote and get your vote heard.  And they crossed the e out and the message was vota. 

It pissed me off enough that I am again debating vota for Trump.  Since it's obvious that this country is going to go downhill, might as well do it in spectacular fashion.

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So just before the movie I watched yesterday.  They had the usual ads at the cheap theaters.  One just had me fuming.  It was a message to get out and vote.  Except it wasn't just get out and vote.  It was aimed at BLM, and May Day, and other minorities to get out and vote and get your vote heard.  And they crossed the e out and the message was vota. 

It pissed me off enough that I am again debating vota for Trump.  Since it's obvious that this country is going to go downhill, might as well do it in spectacular fashion.

Yeah, it's insane that an ad is targeted at votas and not voters.  How dare they try to reach out to people who talk like that?  They don't deserve to vote or to be encouraged to vote.  

Your last sentence is so bereft of logic it should be on a meme.  

23 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I agree. And I won't be voting for the clown. But that being said, I don't begrudge people for voting with their wallet.

I don't begrudge people voting their wallets either.  I do begrudge people who insist on existing in a  lunatic paranoid alternate reality in order to justify voting for a populist madman.  It seems you have chosen not to do so however so we agree on some level. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

57 minutes ago, Glen said:

The US Military (supposedly) protecting our interests both at home and abroad, the US Postal service, environmental regulation trying to do what it can to at least slow down climate change, the understaffed FDA trying to make sure the food that goes to your table (and restaurant) every day is safe, police and fire departments in case of emergency...those are just a few of the things, Strad.

I would get rid of the US Postal Service or at the very least cut it down to 3 times a week and if you need it there overnight or on a specific day then you pay extra or go private.  I would cut military, but then again I say that having zero knowledge of what I would do other than not be so prominent in the middle east.  Not sure what I would possibly do to take care of the fire and police departments, I consider that to be necessary.  

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

thats such a cop out.  boo hoo i don't want to pay more taxes.  as if you're being squeezed so hard.  what is it with you conservatives and your imaginary 'im a victim' world.  Single adult males are the only ones who approach anything that looks like being truly gouged.  I know because i am one.  If you're complaining because you get OT and commissions your real problem is with the way people are increasingly paid these days.  The way these things are taxed can be corrected without electing a fucking monster.  Trumps tax plan is a ridiculous farce.  He's gonna slash everyones taxes while building his wall, hunting down and deporting millions of mexicans and "restoring" our savaged military back to glory ?  yea man, sounds legit.  By all means though stick to your "principals" 

Wanting to keep the money you work for is honorable.  Taking it by force is theft.

45 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Wanting to keep the money you work for is honorable.  Taking it by force is theft.

Would you be willing to not be stolen from, a.k.a. taxed, if you were therefore prohibited from using anything that is paid for by taxes?