• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

40 minutes ago, Rico said:

It was $600, it's now $300.  So he cut them by half.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is on top of what the qualify for based on previous income.

I think the top tier before the added amount was $420 a week if you elected to have taxes taken out. 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

President Trump just signed 4 executive orders because the Democrats in the house are a bunch of buffoons that really don't care about the American people.

The four executive orders just signed:

1. Deferred payroll tax until 2021
2. Freeze on evictions
3. Extend unemployment benefits 
4. Suspending student loan payments through the end of the year

All great decisions to uplift people who are hurting financially due to the pandemic. 

Can you give him a little love or will you still hate on him? 

1. This defunds SS and Medicare and it's a stepping stone to get rid of them altogether if he's reelected. It's very bad, and only helps the rich.

2. This is good.

3. Can you survive on $300 a week?

4. This is good, but why not just forgive them.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I took a deep dive on this the other day and the Dems want you to believe it's the Cons fault, when in reality the Dems are trying to bailout their state leaders and areas that really botched the Covid infected areas. They wanted to syphon funds for UI by about a trillion dollars and direct it to cities that mishandled quarantine safety, mishandled re-openings, etc.

Here's the dems bill, Trump refused it because of the election security part. Read the last bullet carefully. He has to cheat to win and he knows it.

Heroes Act Fact Sheet – Milwaukee Area Labor Council AFL-CIO

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is on top of what the qualify for based on previous income.

I think the top tier before the added amount was $420 a week if you elected to have taxes taken out. 

I’m getting pissed. I believe we need to help people who the government shutdown their jobs. However, I can’t believe we are actually paying people this much money to sit on their asses. The Marines billed me 1500 in a combat zone for a 7 year old overpayment. I have never received a dime of free money. Even if I get fired my retirement is too much to qualify. I’m thankful but it sure is a fucked up system 

24 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I’m getting pissed. I believe we need to help people who the government shutdown their jobs. However, I can’t believe we are actually paying people this much money to sit on their asses. The Marines billed me 1500 in a combat zone for a 7 year old overpayment. I have never received a dime of free money. Even if I get fired my retirement is too much to qualify. I’m thankful but it sure is a fucked up system 

You do know the median income in California is $71k and the max unemployment (when the additional benefit was $600) was 50k and now with the $300 additional benefit it will be $36k. 

And while in Missouri the medium income is less at $53k, the max unemployment (when the additional benefit was $600) was 44k and now with the $300 additional benefit it will be $30k. 

33 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Trump's order directs states to pay 25% of the extended unemployment benefits through the end of the year.

California is broke! 

Not just California. 

9 states seek $36B in federal advances for unemployment claims
https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/05/05/9-states-seek-36b-in-federal-advances-for-unemployment-claims-1282530

Keep in mind this article is from May.There are actually 20 states currently looking for help.

20 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I don’t think anything annoys me more than young people arguing this.  What kind of message would this send?   You made a commitment and you are obligated to repay the damn loan.  So fucking stupid.

The only thing I can tell people of my generation (besides you borrow it, you pay it back) is throw extra principle every month towards the loan. I know some months aren’t always the same and savings can vary. I would think this would be common knowledge of how much you can actually save yourself over the life of the loan, but I never hear people talk about this. 

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

You do know the median income in California is $71k and the max unemployment (when the additional benefit was $600) was 50k and now with the $300 additional benefit it will be $36k. 

And while in Missouri the medium income is less at $53k, the max unemployment (when the additional benefit was $600) was 44k and now with the $300 additional benefit it will be $30k. 

Yes, and both are way too high for people contributing jackshit to  the country. Obviously, we owe people who have been banned from work. However, there are quite a few jobs out there that people are choosing unemployment over work. I don't want to pick oranges any more than the next man but I will before I starve.  Eventually, the people have to recall the shutdown govs or find a new profession. Now the people who were unemployed before the shutdown shouldn't get one dime extra.

36 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I don’t think anything annoys me more than young people arguing this.  What kind of message would this send?   You made a commitment and you are obligated to repay the damn loan.  So fucking stupid.

The system is fundamentally broken. It's not their fault the costs are sky high than where they used to be while salaries have remained stagnant. 

The roots of rising college and university costs are not difficult to identify. For the nation’s 1,600-plus public institutions, the chief culprit has been major reductions in state support; public investment in higher education has been in retreat in the states since about 1980, according to the American Council on Education. State funding and subsidies were cut by more than $7 billion between 2008 and 2018. What many call the “privatization of public higher education” has shifted most of the states’ share of instructional costs to students and their families, with disruptive results for both students and institutions.

Other culprits that add to students’ costs in private and public universities are the rapidly increasing number of million-dollar-plus salaries for presidents and many senior administrators. Multi-million dollar salaries for coaches and salaries for assistant coaches that are double and triple the salaries of faculty members are increasingly common and seemingly “acceptable.”

Growth in the size of administration — what some call “administrative bloat”— has also added substantially to the high costs for students.

https://hbr.org/2019/09/what-will-it-take-to-solve-the-student-loan-crisis

4 hours ago, angelinkc said:

I think the only variable you aren't considering, and someone correct me if I am wrong, UI is something paid into through your FICA/payroll deductions. That's how they base you on their tier system based on what you paid into it.....it's their money. My understanding is also that you can't go past a year with collecting and need to show proof of job searching and interviews (which is a joke).

The extra on top seems to be more stimulus based, but UI isn't exactly just printing money either.

But yeah, I know people making more than going back to work and are holding out until the piper comes to collect.....the American way.

Speaking of the American way and student loans.

I was lucky to never have them or need them. We had a pretty deep dive on this one night and I went down a rabbit hole.

One thing I know about doing loans for over 20 years is if you give an American an opportunity at $20k, a good majority of them will find a way to spend $30k. With student loans the biggest take away was banks getting involved, with government backing, which is why you can go BK but those debts don't disappear. They realized they could give impressionable little Johnny $50k in loans per year or whatever the qualifications and costs were. Schools caught on and started jacking up prices everything across the board to maximize the loan Johnny had.....I think someone in the thread even commented on this working at a college or something similar and that the school caught wind Johnny was able to get x amount per semester......guess how much percentage they jacked up tuition fees, books, etc.?

You can't give certain people an allotment and expect them to all be responsible. Reminds me of the Community Reinvestment Act of 1994 where Bill Clinton told Freddie and Fannie to relax guidelines so more people that couldn't qualify for loans now can. So then we saw these crazy stated income loans for mortgages and guess what happened in 2008? 

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think the only variable you aren't considering, and someone correct me if I am wrong, UI is something paid into through your FICA/payroll deductions. That's how they base you on their tier system based on what you paid into it.....it's their money. My understanding is also that you can't go past a year with collecting and need to show proof of job searching and interviews (which is a joke).

The extra on top seems to be more stimulus based, but UI isn't exactly just printing money either.

But yeah, I know people making more than going back to work and are holding out until the piper comes to collect.....the American way.

Yes, I don't have a huge problem with cutting the SS taxes. At some point, we have to reform SS or fund it. I don't really have a huge problem with Trump's actions. The recent attention just alerted me to just how much we have been paying the unemployed all along. 

Yes, my son's schools is pretty much free with scholarship and GI Bill. He took the student loan just to build some credit. He will have more than enough GI Bill to pay it off each year. However, part of me thinks he may be better to wait and see who wins the election. Hate to see him pay it as he goes only to have the dems forgive student loans. I guess we teach our kids to do the right thing but he will probably get screwed like most of us who paid.

10 hours ago, calscuf said:

Makes sense now why he wouldn’t want to pay back for his education.

I don't have student loans. I'm just a person capable of using common sense.

Student loan debt is a crisis, 1.6 trillion in debt is a crisis, and a crisis requires congress to act on it.

Trump pumps 4 trillion dollars into the stock market to try and hide his failing economy and yet we don't have the money to forgive student loan debt or give universal healthcare.

It's all a bunch of BS.

LOL,  in the thread named "Trumped," talking about the people who don't pay their bills and loans.  I will give you credit as he is the first one that comes to mind for me on that subject.  

And the whole they would rather get paid then go back to work, for fucks sake.  Jr, Eric, what's the daughters name, Skanka or something, they have never done shit till they had access to your tax dollars.  Be best, find something else, lol. 

I hope y'all get an invitation to the coronation.  You obviously don't get who really is scamming you. 

25 minutes ago, Karenknees said:

LOL,  in the thread named "Trumped," talking about the people who don't pay their bills and loans.  I will give you credit as he is the first one that comes to mind for me on that subject.  

And the whole they would rather get paid then go back to work, for fucks sake.  Jr, Eric, what's the daughters name, Skanka or something, they have never done shit till they had access to your tax dollars.  Be best, find something else, lol. 

I hope y'all get an invitation to the coronation.  You obviously don't get who really is scamming you. 

Game. Set. Match.