• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Just read today that Covid is leaving 78% of survivors with heart issues.  Which obviously makes trumps miracle drug that much more dangerous.

I’ve read that even people who experienced light symptoms show damage to their lungs etc.  I’m not sure how common it is,  but my understanding is that it happens.   It’s a serious thing in any case. 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Watch This Look Here GIF by Paul McCartney - Find & Share on GIPHY

Unfortunately, one of the biggest issues with society today is needing the instant sound bite, instead of researching.   That is why they decry immediately things that they don't agree with, instead of looking at both sides and making up their own mind.    (Not implying you UTH, as you seem to do research) 

It doesn’t matter dude we can disagree about it. The stuff that I’ve read has strongly indicated that it doesn’t do anything to treat the disease.  Now I’m seeing stuff today from the ford health clinic or whatever saying otherwise.  Who the fuck knows.  I try to be honest.  It’s been challenging tracking the COVID-19 stuff. 

I still think it’s reasonable to be very suspicious of hydroxychloroquine effects.  But look, if someone is very ill and their doctor wants to give it a shot.  I mean what the fuck do I know.  Do what the doctor says.  Hopefully your doctor isn’t a crack pot asshole.  All of those people in DC yesterday are that.  Don’t listen to them.  Don’t listen to the lady that talks about demon jizz.  I’m not exaggerating.  That’s what that psycho yesterday has in her past.  She’s nuts.  So yes, my reaction to her is very negative. 

6 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

That study from the Ford system has issues, as best I can tell. I'd love to see the data on a case by case basis to see how some things overlap regarding treatment.

It just seemed like those other studies were pretty decisive in their findings demonstrating that it wasn’t effective.  So this new thing is surprising.  I’m not really sure how authoritative it is.  But I know the ford system is legitimate at least.  

36 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

That study from the Ford system has issues, as best I can tell. I'd love to see the data on a case by case basis to see how some things overlap regarding treatment.

I think that is the main problem with the Rona.  It's just too damn new.  Research studies probably take months and months, if not years, with lot's of peer review.  There just isn't time to get the information out, and properly vet it.  But people want the information, because the media has chummed the waters.  That's probably why there is so much conflicting data and studies right now.  

It's similar to the vaccines.  They are trying to push it through and push it through to get a cure.  But if we rush through, I may get my wish and get the zombie filled world, and tell Lou that they are real.  

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ok, I see what you’re trying to say here.  I’m sorry I didn’t catch it at first.  I guess if you want to compare the two things in a literal sense I agree they are quite different.  But my intention was partly to show that we do have limits to free speech.  The other side of my point, which we just fundamentally disagree about is that when some kind of speech causes great harm then it should be stopped or curbed.  In that way I do believe it’s similar to crying out fire in a theater.  I do think covid denialism or gross misinformation during all of this causes great harm. 

also, I don’t agree with your idea of Darwinism governing this.  Firstly, because I think it’s unethical.  Secondly, ones stupid behavior in pandemic harms others.  It’s not as simple as “you did a dumb dumb get fucked and die” it’s a matter of fairness and fundamental right and wrong.  I get that’s subjective.  But that’s my view.  We do act on each other in this case whether we like it or not.  

and as far twitter doing the timeout.  Like I said, I don’t think it’s the way I would handle it.  But I don’t handle it and neither do you so who gives a shit what we think about it.  Twitter is free to govern their platform as they see fit.  If users don’t like it they can stop using the platform.   Again, these people aren’t being muzzled.  They aren’t going to the gulag.  It’s not a free speech issue imo.  Go use Gab.  Go cry to Tucker Carlson.  

I don't want to get caught up in this and will keep it short. I've already been attacked by the Lib Squad and comments like your Tucker Carlson even though I routinely state I don't like Trump, Fox News, or even that I'm not a Republican...but you psychos still throw out some kind of Republican jab for no reason.

A) That's a given. None of us can go into our work places and say anything we want without repercussions. The majority don't work for Twitter, but it is a discourse platform that they have routinely censored with bias which is my issue and just as bad as the point you are trying to make......if you want certain topics curbed and stopped isn't it equally irresponsible to cancel certain topics one doesn't agree with but leave other irresponsible articles or discussion because it leans towards that person/companies value system?

B) People are going to do stupid shit whether they are censored, guns taken away, automobiles, etc. While I think malicious behavior should be handled I also believe people dumb enough to follow blatant incorrect info bear responsibility for being morons. I am not down with some company telling me what I can and can't talk about because some morons out there believe certain things...that's on them.

C) I addressed this and said the same thing in my original post even though this is now two or three times Libs have said "if you don't like it, then leave"....I said that initially. 

Bottom line is they are picking and choosing what they are censoring and it's clear bias that has been beaten over the head after Jack went on Joe Rogan twice to talk about this subject. The same way you think it's harmful for people to post incorrect info, it's equally harmful to censor things you don't like but leaving equally incorrect info/data that shares your "side" or views.

That's my point and that's what is happening. If Chuck were to delete all the Lib posts you guys would be up in arms and someone would say, "if you don't like it then you can leave and watch Rachel Maddow"......see how that works?

I do believe Trump's new Surgeon General that the Govt is run by reptilians and other aliens. And to be honest, I have had some form of alien DNA in me for quite some time now.  I'm going to run for Congress and me and AOC will make alien babies.  

Edited by Karenknees

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I think that is the main problem with the Rona.  It's just too damn new.  Research studies probably take months and months, if not years, with lot's of peer review.  There just isn't time to get the information out, and properly vet it.  But people want the information, because the media has chummed the waters.  That's probably why there is so much conflicting data and studies right now. 

I agree to an extent, but there's a considerable possible overlap of HCQ and other therapy, which if they do overlap may mean that the differences observed here are not necessarily attributable to HCQ.

55 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

I agree to an extent, but there's a considerable possible overlap of HCQ and other therapy, which if they do overlap may mean that the differences observed here are not necessarily attributable to HCQ.

I would rather Trump and the rest of our politicians just be honest and tell us there is no cure or treatment and you're probably fucked if you get it so please just do everything possible to not spread it around. Unfortunately, many people can't handle a simple truth like that. 

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

I would rather Trump and the rest of our politicians just be honest and tell us there is no cure or treatment and you're probably fucked if you get it so please just do everything possible to not spread it around. Unfortunately, many people can't handle a simple truth like that. 

I would rather Trump stfu and let the doctors do the treating. 

Is hydroxychloroquine beneficial for COVID-19 patients?

Another hydro paper.  This one is pretty detailed.  It's pretty interesting that this paper recommends hydro for severe cases only.  And goes into it's reasoning that makes sense.  Also they go into how the Rona damages the lungs and heart, and not hydro that is damaging the lungs and heart.  This quote specifically was also interesting, which could explain why all these studies are showing more deaths for people taking hydro.

A cautionary note

However, recent observational studies in 1446 consecutive, non-randomized patients suggest that HCQ administration was not associated with either a greatly lowered or an increased risk of the composite end point of intubation or death11. Still, HCQ-treated patients were more severely ill at baseline than those who did not receive HCQ

2 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Odd but there is some thought smokers are helped by nicotine which may prevent an overreaction bythe immune system. 

This was a theory from the beginning.  Nothing really came of it because smoking is bad m'kay.  

it would be funny though if the Rona is indeed lessened by the smoking.  And the reason why it's gone uncontrolled in the US is because people stopped smoking.  

MSNBC host called out after asking Trump-backer if he’s paid

Democratic Georgia Rep. Vernon Jones told MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin that he is “paid to shape a liberal narrative” during a heated interview on Wednesday in which the lawmaker took exception to a question about whether or not he’s compensated to support President Trump.

Jones, who a member of Black Voices for Trump Advisory Board, was asked by MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin if he is paid to support Trump as a Democrat.

"Are you a paid campaign surrogate? Are you being compensated?" Melvin bluntly asked.

“Let me be clear. You get paid to shape a liberal narrative. You get paid to attack this president,” Jones shot back. "I don’t get a dime for this president. I don’t get a dime from the campaign. Everything I’ve done has been me and based on my principles.”