• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

44 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

God bless our president!

37 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Why?

I think it is important to pray for our leaders (I know that's not what BUTT meant). Doesn't matter who they are.

Don't tell Nate

Edited by Jason

2 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Trump is godless. He's done more harm for the message of Christianity than any other person in our lifetimes.

You would think, but he has such devotion from portions of evangelical Christianity.  He doesn’t offend them.  I think there’s a real discussion to be had about what’s going on with Christian nationalism.  That brand of Christianity just seems to have evolved into its own distinct American thing.  And many people seem to be a part of it.  It’s very foreign to me.  It’s more of an ethno nationalist club then any kind of Christianity that is recognizable to me.  The particularly foreign stuff to me is the belief that wealth that one has is given by god because you are favored and good.  There’s more to it then that.  There’s also the prosperity gospel teachings.  Those ideas.  It just seems so self serving.  Not Christian at all from the stuff I learned growing up around  the Catholic Church.  

and I’m not trying to attack anyone, I know not all churches are like that.  But those people sure are loud as fuck.  But hey, I guess there’s lots of loud assholes these days.  What do I know ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You would think, but he has such devotion from portions of evangelical Christianity.  He doesn’t offend them.  I think there’s a real discussion to be had about what’s going on with Christian nationalism.  That brand of Christianity just seems to have evolved into its own distinct American thing.  And many people seem to be a part of it.  It’s very foreign to me.  It’s more of an ethno nationalist club then any kind of Christianity that is recognizable to me.  The particularly foreign stuff to me is the belief that wealth that one has is given by god because you are favored and good.  There’s more to it then that.  There’s also the prosperity gospel teachings.  Those ideas.  It just seems so self serving.  Not Christian at all from the stuff I learned growing up around  the Catholic Church.  

and I’m not trying to attack anyone, I know not all churches are like that.  But those people sure are loud as fuck.  But hey, I guess there’s lots of loud assholes these days.  What do I know ?

It's unfortunate. Many people I love and respect, who consider themselves devoted Christians and even serve in leadership positions in the church, support Trump like he's God's gift to America. It's a deep form of idolatry. Christians on the left can do the same kind of thing, but never have I seen it as flagrant as with Trump.

8 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

It's unfortunate. Many people I love and respect, who consider themselves devoted Christians and even serve in leadership positions in the church, support Trump like he's God's gift to America. It's a deep form of idolatry. Christians on the left can do the same kind of thing, but never have I seen it as flagrant as with Trump.

It is true Trump isnt Billy Graham but he has done more for Christians than any President in 30 years. The dems once had some Christians but they no longer exists in the party. I have the same questions for dems. What Christian cause does the dem party support? 

4 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

It is true Trump isnt Billy Graham but he has done more for Christians than any President in 30 years. The dems once had some Christians but they no longer exists in the party. I have the same questions for dems. What Christian cause does the dem party support? 

OK, cals.