• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

24 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You don't graduate with honors from Georgetown with honors because your Dad is a billionaire. He can get you in but he can't take the tests. Try not to let your prejudices blind you to facts. 

That doesn't mean they didn't have advantages growing up that 99.9% of kids miss out on because their dad isn't a billionaire.

I graduated Magna Cum Laude from a top-50 university, but that doesn't make me qualified to work in the White House. 

Also, what other president has appointed their children to senior advisory roles? I'm sure Trump isn't the only president whose kids graduated with honors from prestigious schools. 

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

49 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Again, don't let your prejudices blind you from facts. You want to hate them and create a scenario where they are incompetent and evil. But it's just you wanting it to be true.

They have ZERO experience handling what has been handed over to them. Trump even had Ivanka sit in on a meeting of world leaders - which she isn't even remotely qualified to do.

BTW, I never said that they were incompetent or evil, or even stupid or uneducated (those are conclusions that you have drawn on your own). They are not qualified to work at the highest level of government, period.

24 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That doesn't mean they didn't have advantages growing up that 99.9% of kids miss out on because their dad isn't a billionaire.

I graduated Magna Cum Laude from a top-50 university, but that doesn't make me qualified to work in the White House. 

Also, what other president has appointed their children to senior advisory roles? I'm sure Trump isn't the only president whose kids graduated with honors from prestigious schools. 

What makes you qualified to work in the White House because I seriously would rather have you in there than most of the people that have been there in the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

My complaints with AOC is she is constantly saying stupid stuff in public declarations. That's not a woman of color problem, that's a woman who doesn't know her facts problem. You should have a problem with it too. 

this.

27 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They have ZERO experience handling what has been handed over to them. Trump even had Ivanka sit in on a meeting of world leaders - which she isn't even remotely qualified to do.

Kind of like how Maxine Waters as the ranking member could end up being the chair of the Financial Services Committee.  Unless you consider steering millions of taxpayer dollars towards the failing bank her husband sat on the board of and that they both owned stock in or the various other shady dealings attributed to her over the years as qualifying her.  We've got a lot of people high up the food chain who haven't proven they're capable of handling the responsibilities they've been given over the years.  Unfortunately at the end of the day it falls on us the voters who elect people who are incompetent, flat out corrupt or then put corrupt or incompetent people in a position of power.  

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, I am not getting the "not qualified" argument.  

Now, if you want to say "greedy", "corrupt" and "dirty" ..................................

Maybe you can explain to me, then, what qualifies any of them to advise anyone on anything - let alone to handle any important government business.

The rest of it, we are in complete agreement.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They have ZERO experience handling what has been handed over to them. 

So do most of the White House staff members that weren't entrenched already. Every president chooses staff members that weren't from Government, Kennedy picked Robert McNamara during the Vietnam War as secretary of defense and his previous job was efficiency expert for Ford Motor Company.  

Quit reaching so far you come out of your shirt. 

yeah, i'm not terribly bothered by the experience factor, either. one of the repeating complaints on this board is rehiring the same ol' same ol', so if we want different than that, it means hiring people without any previous experience specifically in gov't. I'm okay with any administration doing that.

just make sure whoever is being hired has a track record of success in whatever field they were in, and make sure they can competently handle the responsibilities of whatever position you hire them for.

7 hours ago, yk9001 said:

What on earth could @calscuf have possibly written to be worse than some of the racist, misogynist shit that gets posted here?

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

I voted for Trump. It didn't make any difference in the election since California seems to have blue balls for Clinton. It was a protest vote, kind of like when people used write in Mickey Mouse instead if Nixon or Humphrey. In this case Mickey Mouse was on the ballot.

I found Clinton to be the most reprehensible candidate ever presented in an election. If you don't agree then that's your opinion but her track record of outright lying about her credentials and shady dealings with their Foundation along with intentionally wiping dataoff her private server while also fixing the primaries, if that's your candidate then be with her. 

This election our state rep was Feinstein or another Democrat shill because there needs to be two choices. I left that blank, I found no value in voting for either andidate. Again, you can dissagree but there was never an alternative candidate that represented a large portion of the population that doesn't reside in either San Fransisco or LA. That's not an representative election, that's a puppet government.

Blarg counters yk's "I didn't vote for Trump, but..." commentary post with a "I voted for Trump, but..."

Solid.

You could say people voted for Hillary... But...

Everyone has their reason. Mine was more anti Hillary than pro Trump because my choice in the primaries failed. Like Bernie's faithful that voted Hillary but didn't see eye to eye with her policies. It was more of an anti Trump than pro Hillary vote.

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You could say people voted for Hillary... But...

Everyone has their reason. Mine was more anti Hillary than pro Trump because my choice in the primaries failed. Like Bernie's faithful that voted Hillary but didn't see eye to eye with her policies. It was more of an anti Trump than pro Hillary vote.

Oh come on, you have a Trump Bump. Just didn't want to have to do it, my ass.  

Counter punch coming. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

yeah, i'm not terribly bothered by the experience factor, either. one of the repeating complaints on this board is rehiring the same ol' same ol', so if we want different than that, it means hiring people without any previous experience specifically in gov't. I'm okay with any administration doing that.

just make sure whoever is being hired has a track record of success in whatever field they were in, and make sure they can competently handle the responsibilities of whatever position you hire them for.

Here is where it falls apart for the Trumps. Marketing a line of clothing made in sweatshops in a venture financed by your billionaire father wouldn't seem to qualify.