• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On the news feed on my phone a few days ago there was an article that quoted Karl Rove that discussed this: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/12/politics/karl-rove-republicans-2018/index.html

It even references Bush and how they were warning republicans back in 2000. Now you’ve got a compete tool in the White House who has done the impossible and made the party even more of the old stuffy white guy party.  Add in the fact that they can no longer claim to be the fiscally reaponsible party and it’s an even harder sell. Aside from the strength of the economy which is never due to one president or party there’s really nothing that comes to mind Trump is doing that I would call a win. Obviously he could name a thousand things but his own party knows it’s BS and some are trying to distance themselves.

I’ll be curious to see what strides if any both sides make by 2020.  Do the fringe elements on both sides get louder or do we see some moderate candidates with legit chances? I’m hoping for the latter but given the divide I don’t expect it. 

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nothing Trump or any other person can do for conservatives in this state

Yeah, nothing.  Absolutely positively nothing.

Except stop villifying brown people, many who come from "shithole" countries, as trump calls them.

Maybe don't call mexicans "drug dealers, criminals and rapists".

Maybe not call brown people "animals".

Yeah.  ZERO Trump could have done.

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

They’re more likely to have RVs, trailers and desert toys which suits them to a Mad Max like environment when the shit hits the fan.  

Edge - Calpers members. 

Yeah, they wouldn't be able to riot anyways.  They're all on...... "disability"......... (suppress giggle).... when they retire, for that extra kicker.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

In all fairness that’s part of California. Nothing Trump or any other person can do for conservatives in this state

You don't think that Trump has turned off a lot of long-term Republicans? OC voted for Hillary in the 2016 election.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You are assuming that it is Republicans voting Democrat.  

My guess is that Republicans are simply leaving California.

I think it's a mix of:
• Former Republican faithful voting Democrat.
• Republicans moving out of state.
• Former Republican faithful not voting, because they're not happy with the current state of the party.

25 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I think it's a mix of:
• Former Republican faithful voting Democrat.
• Republicans moving out of state.
• Former Republican faithful not voting, because they're not happy with the current state of the party.

You also forgot that Californians love to pay high taxes and unaffordable housing. They know that if the Dems stay in power more taxes are on the way. It’s a no brainer to vote for the Dems. 

11 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Really?  Any data to back that up, other than anecdotal?

Not looking for a texas death match argument, just wondering.

It is anecdotal.  I just assume that OC republicans would never, ever vote for Hillary and since she won the OC, then that would be my guess.  (Which is why I said guess)  

No death match needed.

According to https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/ror/ror-pages/15day-gen-16/hist-reg-stats.pdf the number of registered Republicans in CA has been on a steady decline for at least the last 20 years. That said there’s an increase in no party preference so who knows how that shakes out. This http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-orange-county-primary-2018/ discusses the decline since the 90s based on OC voting results.