• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

There are people that think he's a facial dictator so one would assume they'd have a deeper appreciation for the 2nd amendment. 

Right. Opinions have definitely changed because of Trump. But I doubt home protection would have really changed. Though perhaps if this incidents of politically motivated violence increase enough it might?

Extraordinary interview on CBS this morning with the Rabbi who was just beginning his sermon when the killer struck. Very emotional and very upset that he wasn't able to save more people. He hustled those near him off to safety and saved several lives, but he kept repeating "I could have done more." He added, "...this regret I will carry with me for the rest of my life."

I didn't take his comments to infer he may have felt he should have been armed. He was just upset and frustrated. 

I'm guessing we'll eventually have armed security at most large churches and synagogues. There are already "safety ministries" forming in Catholic churches in California, but I don't think they're arming parishioners. Not yet, at least. 

4 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I am a staunch believer in freedom of speech, but I share Trump's sentiments about changing libel laws. I believe if you are a major news organization, there should be legal liability for unjustly damaging someone's reputation, even if they are political figures.

Trump has been caught in so many lies that I don't see how he could claim anything. Reporting what he said is not libel.

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, meme and text

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm guessing we'll eventually have armed security at most large churches and synagogues. There are already "safety ministries" forming in Catholic churches in California, but I don't think they're arming parishioners. Not yet, at least. 

there are some seventh-day adventist churches that have armed security people on site, but from what i've heard so far they're local members of the congregation and NOT trained security people. that seems like a potentially huge legal headache at some point down the road.

i don't like having armed people at a church. i also don't like that it's come down to that and that there are such sh*ty people in the world that some see this as a necessity.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

there are some seventh-day adventist churches that have armed security people on site, but from what i've heard so far they're local members of the congregation and NOT trained security people. that seems like a potentially huge legal headache at some point down the road.

i don't like having armed people at a church. i also don't like that it's come down to that and that there are such sh*ty people in the world that some see this as a necessity.

Not to mention that they likely have no training in responding to an active shooter situation, and bullets are likely to fly everywhere.

It is such a joke that some people believe that more guns are a solution to anything.

The “safety ministries” that FS79 is talking about appear to refer to comprehensive safety programs that deal with all kinds of things.  Not specifically to active shooter events.  It doesn’t appear to be a new thing either.  Most prominently they seem to deal with medical emergencies. 

At least from what I’ve seen on the few websites that mention them.   

On 10/27/2018 at 3:22 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I'm fine with owning guns, but the argument that they will be needed to oppose a corrupt government with the resources of the US military is ludicrous. What is your AR15 going to do against a tank, or an Apache helicopter, or an A10 warthog ground attack jet. That's just scratching the surface.

This is not how a civil war would play out. 

6 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

And you know this how? The civil wars in Libya, Syria, and Egypt far worse happened.

It would be more of an insurrection like what you saw in Iraq. IED’s randomly blowing up military vehicles and small attacks on light infantry. It would be difficult to organize in large groups because the government would most definitely shut down social media and possibly the entire internet. 

My Facebook feed this morning is full of my liberal friends screaming bloody murder about Trump's intention to end "anchor baby" citizenship. It's like the end of the world has come.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump said, declaring he can do it by executive order. When told that's very much in dispute, Trump replied: "You can definitely do it with an Act of Congress. But now they're saying I can do it just with an executive order."

"We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits," Trump continued. "It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end." "It's in the process. It'll happen ... with an executive order."

The president expressed surprise that Axios knew about his secret plan: "I didn't think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one. "

https://www.axios.com/trump-birthright-citizenship-executive-order-0cf4285a-16c6-48f2-a933-bd71fd72ea82.html

Edited by fan_since79

On 10/27/2018 at 3:22 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I'm fine with owning guns, but the argument that they will be needed to oppose a corrupt government with the resources of the US military is ludicrous. What is your AR15 going to do against a tank, or an Apache helicopter, or an A10 warthog ground attack jet. That's just scratching the surface.

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

It would be more of an insurrection like what you saw in Iraq. IED’s randomly blowing up military vehicles and small attacks on light infantry. It would be difficult to organize in large groups because the government would most definitely shut down social media and possibly the entire internet. 

If it ever got to either of these points.  It wouldn't matter what would happen.  The global economy would be in flames.  The stock market would be crashing.  Industries would be at a standstill.  And every government would probably be seizing commodities in their and other countries to protect against the tanking dollar.  Pretty much WW3 would be well under way.  

14 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

My Facebook feed this morning is full of my liberal friends screaming bloody murder about Trump's intention to end "anchor baby" citizenship. It's like the end of the world has come.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump said, declaring he can do it by executive order. When told that's very much in dispute, Trump replied: "You can definitely do it with an Act of Congress. But now they're saying I can do it just with an executive order."

"We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits," Trump continued. "It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end." "It's in the process. It'll happen ... with an executive order."

The president expressed surprise that Axios knew about his secret plan: "I didn't think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one. "

https://www.axios.com/trump-birthright-citizenship-executive-order-0cf4285a-16c6-48f2-a933-bd71fd72ea82.html

They should be.  It is another attack on the Constitution.  

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Does that mean we can deport all of his children now.  

Oh wait, one of them gets to stay but I forgot her name, just like dad. 

45 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He just says stupid shit to rile up his moron base.  Donald Trump can’t change the constitution. 

Not yet anyway.

The Constitution has been being changed by congress and presidents via executive orders for a long time now.  I never doubt the fact that the leaders of this country look at the Constitution as a barrier to get what they want.

7 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

The Constitution has been being changed by congress and presidents via executive orders for a long time now.  I never doubt the fact that the leaders of this country look at the Constitution as a barrier to get what they want.

I just think that what he said this morning isn’t something that can be done with an executive order.  I understand what you’re saying though.