• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

What do you propose?  Should we build an extra bathroom?  Should parents care if a male can be in a restroom they send their daughters into?  Or vice-versa?  Should women care if a man is in a women's restroom?  I don't get it either and I couldn't care less about their private lives.  I am talking real life situations.  How much money do we spend on this?  Government and private.

Do the schools start teaching kids that there is no such thing as gender and you are what you feel you are? I'm sorry but biological science has already settled this issue. 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do the schools start teaching kids that there is no such thing as gender and you are what you feel you are? I'm sorry but biological science has already settled this issue. 

Why don’t we stop pretending that this is an issue.  

If the day comes that a little boy or girl goes to 3rd grade and is told “actually you aren’t a boy or girl” then I’ll agree that its something that needs to be addressed.  That isn’t anywhere remotely near what is going on.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why don’t we stop pretending that this is an issue.  

If the day comes that a little boy or girl goes to 3rd grade is an told “actually you aren’t a boy or girl” then I’ll agree that its something that needs to be addressed.  That isn’t anywhere remotely near what is going on.  

It's similar to the slippery slope argument for gay marriage. 

"Let Adam and Steve marry, and then what?  Ralph and his horse?"

1 minute ago, the dude abides said:

It's similar to the slippery slope argument for gay marriage. 

"Let Adam and Steve marry, and then what?  Ralph and his horse?"

It’s exactly that.  It’s bullshit and it’s weak. 

Just like they did with the gays for decades.  It’s an exuse to abuse and treat them like shit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

48 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s exactly that.  It’s bullshit and it’s weak. 

Just like they did with the gays for decades.  It’s an exuse to abuse and treat them like shit. 

Calling people with a penis a male and person with a vagina a female doesn't seem like abuse to me. It's biological science

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Calling people with a penis a male and person with a vagina a female doesn't seem like abuse to me. It's biological science

Come on Jason.  You know that it doesn’t begin and end with that.  If someone is telling you that they are one way.  And you keep giving them a hard time about it, that’s abusive.  Imagine you’re at a gathering with one of these people.  Are you going to go around telling everyone “hey Steve is actually Mary and he’s a tranny” I mean what would the purpose of that be other then to humiliate that person.  Is that not abusive ? I suspect you wouldn’t do that to someone if faced with it in real life. Why ? Because it’s a bullshit mean spirited thing to do.  You can think it’s weird, admittedly, I think it’s odd and I don’t get it.  But I’m not trying to give anyone a hard time.  Especially when what they’re doing doesn’t cause me or anyone else any problem. 

Why is it such a big deal ? If an adult decides he/she wants to be a male/female. Has the means to do whatever procedure makes them feel that way and doesn’t harm anyone then why do you care ? It’s not like 8 year olds are transitioning.  This isn’t something that needs to be legislated or have policies.  I thought you conservatives don’t like that stuff. 

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Come on Jason.  You know that it doesn’t begin and end with that.  If someone is telling you that they are one way.  And you keep giving them a hard time about it, that’s abusive.  Imagine you’re at a gathering with one of these people.  Are you going to go around telling everyone “hey Steve is actually Mary and he’s a tranny” I mean what would the purpose of that be other then to humiliate that person.  Is that not abusive ? I suspect you wouldn’t do that to someone if faced with it in real life. Why ? Because it’s a bullshit mean spirited thing to do.  You can think it’s weird, admittedly, I think it’s odd and I don’t get it.  But I’m not trying to give anyone a hard time.  Especially when what they’re doing doesn’t cause me or anyone else any problem. 

Why is it such a big deal ? If an adult decides he/she wants to be a male/female. Has the means to do whatever procedure makes them feel that way and doesn’t harm anyone then why do you care ? It’s not like 8 year olds are transitioning.  This isn’t something that needs to be legislated or have policies.  I thought you conservatives don’t like that stuff. 

I think we agree on this more than you think. It's not a big deal and it shouldn't legislated. All I'm saying is it would be stupid for any legislation to try and define gender as any thing other than male or female based on their genitalia. People that treat transgender people like you stated above are dick bags. 

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think we agree on this more than you think. It's not a big deal and it shouldn't legislated. All I'm saying is it would be stupid for any legislation to try and define gender as any thing other than male or female based on their genitalia. People that treat transgender people like you stated above are dick bags. 

I don’t think that there’s any issue with records indicating if someone is male or female.  Of course their natural gender should be the default.  

Question ? Do you think it’s a problem for a transitioned person to identify themselves as whatever they’ve changed to.  Do you think that the DMV or a public university should accept whatever they transitioned to ? It’s an interesting thing because medical procedure allow these transition treatments to be pretty convincing.  On the outside anyway. I tend to think that it’s not a problem for someone to choose to identify that way.  And for some agency to accept it.  Of course other records would necessitate that their natural gender be identified. 

Anyway, that’s the last bit I’m going to say on it. It’s not an important issue to me at all.  I just don’t get bringing this up with regard to climate change.  Maybe I’m wrong,  but are there people who dispute the biological fact of male and female genders ? I’ve never seen or heard that argument.  I’ve seen people who’s position is that psychologically gender isn’t tied to physical gender.  But that seems like a different position then saying that there’s no such thing as a male or female sex. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think that there’s any issue with records indicating if someone is male or female.  Of course their natural gender should be the default.  

Question ? Do you think it’s a problem for a transitioned person to identify themselves as whatever they’ve changed to.  Do you think that the DMV or a public university should accept whatever they transitioned to ? It’s an interesting thing because medical procedure allow these transition treatments to be pretty convincing.  On the outside anyway. I tend to think that it’s not a problem for someone to choose to identify that way.  And for some agency to accept it.  Of course other records would necessitate that their natural gender be identified. 

Anyway, that’s the last bit I’m going to say on it. It’s not an important issue to me at all.  I just don’t get bringing this up with regard to climate change.  Maybe I’m wrong,  but are there people who dispute the biological fact of male and female genders ? I’ve never seen or heard that argument.  I’ve seen people who’s position is that psychologically gender isn’t tied to physical gender.  But that seems like a different position then saying that there’s no such thing as a male or female sex. 

Honestly, what is the difference?  Not trying to be argumentative but...................I'm not getting it.  I get that some people might feel that they were born in the wrong body but it is the "fluidity" thing that gets me scratching my head.

16 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Honestly, what is the difference?  Not trying to be argumentative but...................I'm not getting it.  I get that some people might feel that they were born in the wrong body but it is the "fluidity" thing that gets me scratching my head.

I don’t know, I’m not the guy the explain the complexities of it.  I just understand that the consensus in the psychiatric community is that gender is both a physical and psychological thing.  And that they are aspects that are not necessarily the same.  

This is a link to information from the American Psychiatric Association. 

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know, I’m not the guy the explain the complexities of it.  I just understand that the consensus in the psychiatric community is that gender is both a physical and psychological thing.  And that they are aspects that are not necessarily the same.  

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/gender-dysphoria/what-is-gender-dysphoria

The problem with believing pyshiciatry is a fact based diagnosis is a slippery slope.

The general public has been lead to believe that a diagnosis of mental disorder is the same as a legitimate medicaldiagnosis of disease, which is false.

This is common knowledge among psychiatrists, but not something they often admit to the public at large, simply because it is the foundation upon which psychiatry is built. 

The fact is, all mental disorders are contained within psychiatry’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), and are arrived upon by psychiatrists literally voting on what is, or is not, considered a mental disorder.   Unlike the rest of medicine, mental disorders are arrived at by a political, not medical process. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The problem with believing pyshiciatry is a fact based diagnosis is a slippery slope.

The general public has been lead to believe that a diagnosis of mental disorder is the same as a legitimate medicaldiagnosis of disease, which is false.

This is common knowledge among psychiatrists, but not something they often admit to the public at large, simply because it is the foundation upon which psychiatry is built. 

The fact is, all mental disorders are contained within psychiatry’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), and are arrived upon by psychiatrists literally voting on what is, or is not, considered a mental disorder.   Unlike the rest of medicine, mental disorders are arrived at by a political, not medical process. 

I’m not sure what other group is better to defer to Blarg.  Is it imperfect.  Sure. 

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Psychiatry is fake news.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

So when someone gets diagnosed with anxiety, depression, PTSD, OCD, etc. by a psychiatrist, it's not a true medical diagnosis?