• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Maybe for sects of libertarianism but definitely not conservatism. I don’t think either Shapiro or the Randians would like your label lol.

i like Shapiro’s fundamental principles and I think he is very fair minded but I think he sees way too much utility for government.

And he’s in the business of provocation so I can see why he turns a lot of people off.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

Maybe for sects of libertarianism but definitely not conservatism. I don’t think either Shapiro or the Randians would like your label lol.

i like Shapiro’s fundamental principles and I think he is very fair minded but I think he sees way too much utility for government.

And he’s in the business of provocation so I can see why he turns a lot of people off.

I’m sure you know more about him then I do.  When I’ve seen him talk he strikes me that way.  Anyway, I’m willing to concede that maybe I’m not entirely correct on his broad philosophy.  

Like I’ve said, I’ve seen him talk on several occasions.  I don’t care for it ever.  So I don’t seek him out.  It’s not the mindless “hate” that Lou is talking about though. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m sure you know more about him then I do.  When I’ve seen him talk he strikes me that way.  Anyway, I’m willing to concede that maybe I’m not entirely correct on his broad philosophy.  

Like I’ve said, I’ve seen him talk on several occasions.  I don’t care for it ever.  So I don’t seek him out.  It’s not the mindless “hate” that Lou is talking about though. 

There are like 15 parties/groups within the libertarian party. Probably 2-3 of those groups would line up with Shapiro on more than Half of his positions. He’s actually a conservative. I don’t think we have any of those in federal office these days.

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

Have you been to an ER in the last ten years?

Yes.  I went to Kaiser's ER a few months ago for my dad.  Mid evening and there were only a handful of people there. Everyone was processed through pretty quickly. 

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yes.  I went to Kaiser's ER a few months ago for my dad.  Mid evening and there were only a handful of people there. Everyone was processed through pretty quickly. 

The unfortunate part is Kaiser refuses to do anything for my dad.  He had to go to Mexico last year and pay out of pocket for back surgery because Kaiser only thinks about their bottom line.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Or maybe it’s because the politics he espouses is basically the same as the ayn rand brand of conservativism.  I’ve heard plenty from Ben Shapiro and his fan club and im not particularly interested in hearing more.  I understand what he’s about and disagree with almost everything he advocates. 

If he provided you an unbiased description of the Cohen stuff then that’s nice. 

lol ayn rand? 

did you watch the video? 

2 hours ago, Rico said:

What buffoonery is this?  In the first paragraph they admit immigrants grow the economy, then they use shaky logic to try to say that is a bad thing. lol 

no, that's not what it does.

here you go :

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/homeland-security/352869-the-cost-of-illegal-immigration-to-taxpayers-is-growing

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/fact-check/2018/06/26/paul-gosar-how-much-do-undocumented-immigrants-cost-economy/691997002/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/record-135-billion-a-year-for-illegal-immigration-average-8-075-each-25-000-in-ny

you made the claim stating the opposite. where's your proof?

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Isn't it possible to have the their labor, that the US needs, without them being here illegally? There has to be a good way to allow them to temporarily work and live here with proper vetting as well.

If they’re legal they’re automatically more expensive to their employers. While they’re illegal the cost to employers is to listen to us complaining about how much services to illegal immigrants cost us

1 hour ago, Rico said:

consider yourself incredibly lucky. 

https://projects.propublica.org/emergency/state/CA

http://newsroom.acep.org/2009-01-04-emergency-department-wait-times-crowding-and-access-fact-sheet

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Have you been to an ER in the last ten years?

they're a clusterf*ck. the hospital is less than 4 miles from my mom's house and every time I even think she might need to go I call for an ambulance so she doesn't have to wait for hours. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

1 hour ago, Rico said:

The unfortunate part is Kaiser refuses to do anything for my dad.  He had to go to Mexico last year and pay out of pocket for back surgery because Kaiser only thinks about their bottom line.

now we know why there were only a handful of people there.

hope your dad is doing better. 

there are clearly times when things move quicker, but knowing when those times are is a total crapshoot. in glendale, our ER at Adventist Health is consistently full and the wait times extended. We've learned that it's quicker to go to Verdugo Hills USC if you want to be seen sooner (but it's still not quick).