• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I agree with you but from what I've heard from the left is that Trumpsters are the dumbest, Nazi loving, people on the planet and will support him no matter what dumb shit he does or says. If this is true, do you think the revelation that he payed off chicks he banged would have swayed their vote?

That's a ridiculous response. You damn well know that even if that really was all you have heard from "the left," there are plenty of people that voted for Trump while holding their noses. 

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

38 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

That's a ridiculous response. You damn well know that even if that really was all you have heard from "the left," there are plenty of people that voted for Trump while holding their noses. 

I think we are agreeing here but not communicating well. Those same people would still have held their noses while casting their vote, even if the payoffs were revealed prior to the election. Those that voted for Trump would have done so no matter what. I honestly believe that. I agree with the criticisms that they blindly support him. My point is that I don't think that clown Cohen had as much of an influence on the election as you think.

39 minutes ago, Tank said:

agreed. the problem is that none of us want to pay $6 for a tomato or $9 for a head of lettuce, so we're willing to endure with certain things because it keeps more of our money in our pockets.

Have you seen meat and produce prices lately?  We are already close to those prices in Calolfornia, and it has more to do with regulations than illegals.  

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

So why hasn’t it been stopped? Because those in position to stop it not only aren’t affected negatively by it but they actually profit from it. Stop allowing anyone from profiting from illegal immigration and illegal immigration will stop 

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

agreed. the problem is that none of us want to pay $6 for a tomato or $9 for a head of lettuce, so we're willing to endure with certain things because it keeps more of our money in our pockets.

Isn't it possible to have the their labor, that the US needs, without them being here illegally? There has to be a good way to allow them to temporarily work and live here with proper vetting as well.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Fair. There's definitely a tipping point when the marketplace of cheap labor gets too big. I don't know what that point is though. I think it serves a great economic purpose in theory though, provided services performed cheaply are done in place of 0-cost labor rather than in place of the true market for said services. For example I pay to have my house cleaned and gardening done twice a month. It's cheap. I wouldn't pay a legit business to do these things because the regulatory environment, State requirements would price me out and I'd do those things myself. It also allows the people who do those services for me to pay for housing, food, goods, etc..

That is the other benefit people like to overlook.  By simply living here they are paying rent to someone, they are buying food from somewhere.  That is money going right back into the local economy.  Hey, that's capitalism!

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

nor was obama, or dubya, or clinton, or . . . no one single person is to blame for this. it's a problem that has existed for far too long and keeps getting ignored.

It seems like on the list of problems this would be somewhere around #6580

Under Reagan they granted amnesty back in the 80's to those who qualified and that was supposed to be it yet we find ourselves in a similar situation today only there's about 3x as many illegal immigrants in the country.  It's laughable that this discussion has been going on for decades and it's one of the revolving issues that takes center stage during elections.  They aren't going to tackle the debt, deficit spending or how much we spend on the military.   I'll settle for the feds finally enforcing immigration laws, hopefully coming up with deterrents (hammer employers) and fixing something that should have been addressed decades ago.  I'm not counting on it actually happening though.    

41 minutes ago, Adam said:

It seems like on the list of problems this would be somewhere around #6580

until you look at how much money california is spending on services for illegal immigrants. our state tax burden could be reduced if we improved how we handle illegal immigrants.

it has been suggested here before (and earlier on this page) about a day worker program. it's worth exploring.

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

until you look at how much money california is spending on services for illegal immigrants. our state tax burden could be reduced if we improved how we handle illegal immigrants.

it has been suggested here before (and earlier on this page) about a day worker program. it's worth exploring.

Yeah they shouldn't do that.

33 minutes ago, Tank said:

Read about the bracero program.  We had this before.  

Also, do you know how much California spends on illegals ? Really, I have no idea.  I wonder how much that cost is vs.  what they put into the states economy. Because what they contribute is significant.

Edited by UndertheHalo

27 minutes ago, Tank said:

They put in far more into the economy than whatever tax burden you think they have on the state.

The bottom line on illegal immigration is that the only way to really tackle is it is to make the force that’s draws them here go away.  People provide them jobs.  Until that stops the issue will persist.  

I think we have plenty of reasons to doubt the actual will of this country to put an end to that core issue.  The hammer has to get dropped on people who employ them.  Everything else is bullshit. 

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

They put in far more into the economy than whatever tax burden you think they have on the state.

Do you have a source for that?

And what does "put into the economy" mean? Illegal immigrants mostly provide unskilled labor at low cost. That doesn't add a lot of value to an economy.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I don't know why lefties hate Ben Shapiro so much. He breaks this Trump stuff down really fairly. 

they hate him because he doesn't kiss their ass or condemn the cons for everything they do. i highly doubt most of them actually listen to what he has to say. 

that being said, this is the best explanation I've heard regarding the Cohen situation. 

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

they hate him because he doesn't kiss their ass or condemn the cons for everything they do. i highly doubt most of them actually listen to what he has to say. 

that being said, this is the best explanation I've heard regarding the Cohen situation. 

Or maybe it’s because the politics he espouses is basically the same as the ayn rand brand of conservativism.  I’ve heard plenty from Ben Shapiro and his fan club and im not particularly interested in hearing more.  I understand what he’s about and disagree with almost everything he advocates. 

If he provided you an unbiased description of the Cohen stuff then that’s nice.