• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

2 hours ago, Tank said:

agreed 100%.

look at how many people have been fired over stuff that happened 10+ years ago, including the director of guardians of the galaxy. not to mention all the grief being heaped on the brewers closer for stuff he tweeted when he was 17. then you add in things like the waiter faking the "no tip because you're a terrorist" hoax, and it just adds to the changing narrative in this country.

there's a certain group that thrives on being offended and then trying to make things 'right.' and it's a growing movement.

There are definitely certain things I did or said 10 years ago that I wouldn't want to affect my current reputation. But nothing as inane as tweeting racist and pro-Nazi crap, or jokes about little boys.

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On 7/24/2018 at 2:20 PM, mtangelsfan said:

If you mean that they believe God is in control, then yes.  But that also means God was in control when Obama was president.

If you mean Trump is "especially sent by God" then they aren't very smart nor do they know their Bibles well.

You know me brother, just half asking, half instigating.  Just part of my play book.  Blarg still falls for the flea flicker every time. 

I read some stuff being here in the south and I don't believe in the "fake news" theory unless you go to Lou's house for bbq and Hannity , but people do believe to stop the evil Satan God called on him.  I ain't making that shit up, thus my Matthew 7:15 to start this whole thing.

14 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

You know me brother, just half asking, half instigating.  Just part of my play book.  Blarg still falls for the flea flicker every time. 

I read some stuff being here in the south and I don't believe in the "fake news" theory unless you go to Lou's house for bbq and Hannity , but people do believe to stop the evil Satan God called on him.  I ain't making that shit up, thus my Matthew 7:15 to start this whole thing.

I know there are people out there like that.  They just aren't very bright.

Regarding this James Gunn shit, the left set the precedent here. The right is just following suit so there's no double standard. Even without precedent this dude posted some seriously sick shit, I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with him.

They set the precedent that a racist joke makes you a racist, well then by the same token a pedo joke should make you a pedo, right?

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Regarding this James Gunn shit, the left set the precedent here. The right is just following suit so there's no double standard. Even without precedent this dude posted some seriously sick shit, I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with him.

They set the precedent that a racist joke makes you a racist, well then by the same token a pedo joke should make you a pedo, right?

It is stupid though, no?  I don't think the right is any better but this is still just a bunch of snowflake bullshit.  At least the right had the grounds to say the left were a bunch of sensitive crybabies but now they don't.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is stupid though, no?

Most of the time, yeah i'd agree.

But the timeline kind of goes like this:

• Some Hollywood guy named Mark Duplass encourages liberals to have an open mind about Ben Shapiro.
  • James Gunn jumps in and gives the standard "Trump is a foreign agent, Ben Shapiro is an asshole" etc.
  • Somehow a right winger gets wind of his old tweets, and publishes a story on them. And there's a lot of them.
  • Disney severs relationship with Gunn
  • People go bananas

Was the right screaming for Disney to fire James Gunn? I haven't heard that, and if they did I doubt anyone at Disney would care. This is Disney making the best move they could to distance themselves from the issue.

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You think James Gunn actually molested little boys?  

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Do you think making a joke about black people and fried chicken means the joke teller hates black people?

I think the joke teller needs to throw in some watermelon and cornbread for the joke to really stick. 

Most people that are being accused of racism aren't making simple jokes about fried chicken.   They are usually throwing in some racist terms that cross a line.  They basically show their racism by using these terms. 

As for Gunn.  His jokes definitely cross the line decency. I can't blame Disney for letting him go, they have a brand to protect. But also it's clear to see these are just jokes, just lame attempts at trying to be edgy. 

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Most of the time, yeah i'd agree.

But the timeline kind of goes like this:

• Some Hollywood guy named Mark Duplass encourages liberals to have an open mind about Ben Shapiro.
  • James Gunn jumps in and gives the standard "Trump is a foreign agent, Ben Shapiro is an asshole" etc.
  • Somehow a right winger gets wind of his old tweets, and publishes a story on them. And there's a lot of them.
  • Disney severs relationship with Gunn
  • People go bananas

Was the right screaming for Disney to fire James Gunn? I haven't heard that, and if they did I doubt anyone at Disney would care. This is Disney making the best move they could to distance themselves from the issue.

Actually Gunn defended Duplass.

4 hours ago, Rico said:

Most people that are being accused of racism aren't making simple jokes about fried chicken.   They are usually throwing in some racist terms that cross a line.  They basically show their racism by using these terms. 

As for Gunn.  His jokes definitely cross the line decency. I can't blame Disney for letting him go, they have a brand to protect. But also it's clear to see these are just jokes, just lame attempts at trying to be edgy. 

Tell that to Fuzzy.

50 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I would agree, but a large corporation like Disney rightfully doesn't want to be associated with a guy that talks about f*cking little p**sy boys.

I care just as much about Disney 

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is stupid though, no?  I don't think the right is any better but this is still just a bunch of snowflake bullshit.  At least the right had the grounds to say the left were a bunch of sensitive crybabies but now they don't.

Being on the moral high ground just means everyone has a clear shot at your nutsack

2 hours ago, Rico said:

like calling Trump a rapist?