• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

20 hours ago, Adam said:

I think ostracization is maybe the greatest tool to deter folks from behaving in an uncivilized manner. More valuable than laws. However, what many on the left have done is redefine what uncivilized behavior is to any thoughts, actions or speech that are in contrast to progressive ideology. They're suppressing speech with social terrorism. 

agreed 100%.

look at how many people have been fired over stuff that happened 10+ years ago, including the director of guardians of the galaxy. not to mention all the grief being heaped on the brewers closer for stuff he tweeted when he was 17. then you add in things like the waiter faking the "no tip because you're a terrorist" hoax, and it just adds to the changing narrative in this country.

there's a certain group that thrives on being offended and then trying to make things 'right.' and it's a growing movement.

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Soccer ball Putin gave Trump contains transmitter chip.

Adidas is working for the Russians!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/398799-soccer-ball-putin-gave-trump-contains-transmitter-chip-but-for-adidas

Would Adidas even still be in business if not for Russians doing their best to keep the RUN-DMC era going strong?

But yeah, congrats to the Hill for publishing the least important Trump story this year.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Guardians of the Galaxy guy had a very large number of tweets talking about Facking little boys.  He’s not the guy to go to bat for. 

my mistake. thought he was making jokes not being serious. if he's not the best example, then okay let's cross him off the list. but there's still a trend to dig up stuff on people from quite a while ago and use it as if it's something going on now.

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Would Adidas even still be in business if not for Russians doing their best to keep the RUN-DMC era going strong?

But yeah, congrats to the Hill for publishing the least important Trump story this year.

Let us not just focus our scorn on The Hill.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-25/putin-soccer-ball-for-trump-had-transmitter-chip-logo-indicates

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ny-pol-soccer-ball-trump-putin-20180725-story.html

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/25/soccer-ball-vladimir-putin-gave-donald-trump-may-c/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/07/25/trump-putin-adidas-soccer-ball-transmitter-chip-ip-vpx.cnn

I'll stop there

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Guardians of the Galaxy guy had a very large number of tweets talking about f*cking little boys.  He’s not the guy to go to bat for. 

Even tho a bunch of people are.  Liberal and conservative. Pretty wild. 

It's tough. The jokes were in bad taste but were jokes and they were years ago. He's already apologized for them years ago when they were pointed out. He was trying to be taboo but not exactly living the joke.

The reason why people are pissed is that clear pattern that opponents of Trump will be targeted by the right and it appears that it'll be successful in many cases. These right-wing social terrorists are feigning moral outrage to intimidate the more outspoken on the left which is pretty scummy. But you're right, this is a tough hill to die on for progressives.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Guardians of the Galaxy guy had a very large number of tweets talking about f*cking little boys.  He’s not the guy to go to bat for. 

Even tho a bunch of people are.  Liberal and conservative. Pretty wild. 

Agreed.  That was some pretty twisted shit on his feed.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

The reason why people are pissed is that clear pattern that opponents of Trump will be targeted by the right and it appears that it'll be successful in many cases. These right-wing social terrorists are feigning moral outrage to intimidate the more outspoken on the left which is pretty scummy. But you're right, this is a tough hill to die on for progressives.

Those jokes (if you can call them that) were awful. I get that somebody would take serious exception to them. It's just that, as you point out, the people who started to take exception to this weren't genuinely upset about the tweets/jokes. This was abundantly clear in how the same guy who pointed out the Gunn tweets responded to tweets from Patton Oswalt. It's merely a weapon, not genuine displeasure with the content.

8 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Take a look at the tweets MT.  They’re pretty messed up.  They don’t really align with the jailbait stuff from the early and mid 20th century.  And to be honest.  Looking at that stuff today is pretty cringe.  It’s OK I think for us to decide that sexulizng juveniles is creepy and weird.  But again, this stuff with Gunn is well beyond that. 

I read the tweets, they were jokes.  They are disgusting but a lot of jokes are.  Lots of jokes disgust me but I think that is the point of some humor.

They were also a long time ago and he did apologize a long time ago.  Also Disney was more than aware of this when he was hired.  

Our attitudes on a lot of stuff has changed over the years.  Look how popular Roman Polanski was for decades.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't think he should have been fired but does it really matter who is outing the information or their reason for doing so?  I don't see how it could.

I agree, while the motives aren’t pure it doesn’t change the reality of what the guy said.  There’s something really bizzare about both the content of Gunn’s  tweets and sheer volume of tweets he sent out with that kind of messaging.  

Both sides are head hunting.  Word to the wise, don’t post weird shit on public forums. 

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I read the tweets, they were jokes.  They are disgusting but a lot of jokes are.  Lots of jokes disgust me but I think that is the point of some humor.

They were also a long time ago and he did apologize a long time ago.  Also Disney was more than aware of this when he was hired.  

Our attitudes on a lot of stuff has changed over the years.  Look how popular Roman Polanski was for decades.

Roman Polanski is another genuinely weird man.  He can stay France.