• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The think of the children plea is always the easiest. It shuts down any rational discussion and creates a giant pity roadblock to remove legislation that never should have been adopted.

Sucks when reality gets in the way of a fuck those immigrants discussion

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

I don't break laws every day. But then again, I don't go on morning walks in the AV.

i don't know enough about DACA to say whether it should end or continue. What I do know is that people who were born here ought to support and search for a legal path to citizenship. If that means working to rewrite current immigration laws or create new ones to accomplish that goal, fine with me, but there needs to be some sort of legal action taken/created as opposed to what is currently happening, as if they're owed something whether being born here as an anchor baby or brought here illegally as a child entitles them to whatever they think they're entitled to. Fight for citizenship as much as you fight for anything else.

Isn't that what DACA was? At least from the perspective of giving them a legal status? It allowed them, for a fee, to register with the Feds, apply for a social security number, pay taxes, legally work, get health insurance, etc. 

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

Isn't that what DACA was? At least from the perspective of giving them a legal status? It allowed them, for a fee, to register with the Feds, apply for a social security number, pay taxes, legally work, get health insurance, etc. 

I haven't read DACA so I don't know.

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

It did not do any of the things you say it does. 

To be eligible, illegal immigrants must have entered the United States before their 16th birthday and prior to June 2007, be currently in school, a high school graduate or be honorably discharged from the military, be under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012, and not have been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor or three other misdemeanors, or otherwise pose a threat to national security. The program does not provide lawful status or a path to citizenship, nor does it provide eligibility for federal welfare or student aid.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It did not do any of the things you say it does. 

To be eligible, illegal immigrants must have entered the United States before their 16th birthday and prior to June 2007, be currently in school, a high school graduate or be honorably discharged from the military, be under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012, and not have been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor or three other misdemeanors, or otherwise pose a threat to national security. The program does not provide lawful status or a path to citizenship, nor does it provide eligibility for federal welfare or student aid.

Did I state it gave them a path to citizenship or made them legal residents? It gave them a legal status that...allowed them, for a fee, to register with the Feds, apply for a social security number, pay taxes, legally work, get health insurance, etc. It allowed them, for a fee, to register with the Feds, apply for a social security number, pay taxes, legally work, get health insurance, etc. 

1 hour ago, nate said:

These are children who in most cases a) didn't have a choice coming here and b. in the only country they have ever known.

So we are going to deport kids to a country they have no ties to and in most cases have never lived in beyond their youngest years.  Destroying the lives of children... This is villainy in the highest form.

Deport adults that illegally come here every day, but this is despicable.

There won't be mass deportations. Trump has been consistent in talking about deporting the criminal elements. I really hope congress can come up with a law that deals with this in the proper way. 

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

There won't be mass deportations. Trump has been consistent in talking about deporting the criminal elements. I really hope congress can come up with a law that deals with this in the proper way. 

This is wrong though Jason, they have been going after all of them.  Not just the criminals.  Nothing Trump says means anything. 

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

That implies that he worries about what others think of him which I severely doubt. So somehow being a gutless twat (And according to many left leaning memes the last thing he has going for him is lacking a gut) would be an upgrade for him.

I'm very certain that he cares what his voters think.  Just like the tranny thing, this DACA business is a play to his base.  Except as I said, he's a coward so he had foghorn leghorn announce it. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'm very certain that he cares what his voters think.  Just like the tranny thing, this DACA business is a play to his base.  Except as I said, he's a coward so he had foghorn leghorn announce it. 

What in the last two years makes you believe that he has an issue saying something controversial in public?  He is the antithesis of this. He has had to have said at least 50 more controversial things than this. Right? What is it about this that gives him the willies? It's interesting that he outsourced it but I can't imagine it's because he's gotten a phobia of talking shit about scapegoat subsets of the population. Quite honestly we would never be that lucky.

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

What in the last two years makes you believe that he has an issue saying something controversial in public?  He is the antithesis of this. He has had to have said at least 50 more controversial things than this. Right? What is it about this that gives him the willies? It's interesting that he outsourced it but I can't imagine it's because he's gotten a phobia of talking shit about scapegoat subsets of the population. Quite honestly we would never be that lucky.

Maybe we've finally found something that even he thinks is wrong.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, nate said:

More of them have legal family in the US than they do in Mexico.

Their parents are not a part of DACA.  DACA just says that kids brought to the US illegally before their 16th birthday will not be deported.

So, deport the parents and keep the children.  Split up their family.  

Do I have that right?

On 9/4/2017 at 0:28 PM, Tank said:

how come you're okay with some people breaking some of our laws?

Don't give me some rule of law bullshit.  Not after Trump pardoned Arpaio, an actual criminal.  

Dreamers btw have to go through a background check and have no criminal record.

30 minutes ago, Rico said:

Don't give me some rule of law bullshit.  Not after Trump pardoned Arpaio, an actual criminal.  

Dreamers btw have to go through a background check and have no criminal record.

You need to separate Trump from this.  No other first world country operates with uncontrolled immigration.  

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I know some of you say the "racist" card gets tossed around too easily, but then there is shit like this that I can only describe as racist policy.  And of course the same racist assholes support it.  (Pushed by Miller, Sessions, and Bannon)

Enforcing immigration laws is not racist