• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I agree he shouldn't be golfing. That doesn't mean he doesn't give a shit 

Do you have inside info that we don't have? All I have to go on is his words and actions and all those point to him not giving a shit.

I bet that if this Hurricane was hitting a place where he has hotels or close family and friends, he wouldn't be out playing golf. 

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

Do you have inside info that we don't have? All I have to go on is his words and actions and all those point to him not giving a shit.

I bet that if this Hurricane was hitting a place where he has hotels or close family and friends, he wouldn't be out playing golf. 

If another President went on his weekend and did whatever while literally nothing can be done waiting for the storm to blow through I wouldn't take anything from it. Even if Trump portrayed the worried leader and stayed at the White House I wouldn't buy it because Trump doesn't care about anyone. Even close family or friends. 

21 minutes ago, Thomas said:

If another President went on his weekend and did whatever while literally nothing can be done waiting for the storm to blow through I wouldn't take anything from it. Even if Trump portrayed the worried leader and stayed at the White House I wouldn't buy it because Trump doesn't care about anyone. Even close family or friends. 

Setting the bar incredibly low, but I understand what you're saying.

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

Setting the bar incredibly low, but I understand what you're saying.

If we had a leader with actual human emotions come out and say "My thoughts and concerns are with those affected by Hurricane <blah blah>. My team and I are being updated and we continue monitoring the situation. I am going to spend this weekend with my family and getting a few holes in while we wait for the worst to be over.  On Monday my team and I will be ready to face this crisis head on and be ready to help those going into the affected areas in any way we can for the many days ahead."  This wouldn't be a thing except for the opposition party perhaps taking a few cheap shots. But because we have the least likable person in office possible it becomes much more than it should. We seem to have this idea that the POTUS should never leave the desk. But it's not like the serious life balance issues of the job haven't had obvious effects.
article-2022761-0D4FE42600000578-43_1024

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

If we had a leader with actual human emotions come out and say "My thoughts and concerns are with those affected by Hurricane <blah blah>. My team and I are being updated and we continue monitoring the situation. I am going to spend this weekend with my family and getting a few holes in while we wait for the worst to be over.  On Monday my team and I will be ready to face this crisis head on and be ready to help those going into the affected areas in any way we can for the many days ahead."  This wouldn't be a thing except for the opposition party perhaps taking a few cheap shots. But because we have the least likable person in office possible it becomes much more than it should. We seem to have this idea that the POTUS should never leave the desk. But it's not like the serious life balance issues of the job haven't had obvious effects.
article-2022761-0D4FE42600000578-43_1024

I had a co- worker who claimed that Obama's tears were fake when he talked to the media after Sandy Hook. I thought to myself that there was no way in the moments right after a horrific event that so many people could relate to on every side of the aisle that could become politicized. I was proven wrong. 

There is a lot to despise about Trump and will most likely be more to despise. The focus should be on those things, not on what he's doing while another act of God strikes the southeast once again in August. 

12 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Everybody knows he doesn't give a shit about this. Everybody knew it when he was running. Everybody knew it when he was getting sworn in. Let him go play golf so the grownups can handle the situation

Bingo.  That dumb orange c*nt needs to just stay the fuck out of it.

i think the best we should hope for from any POTUS in this kind of situation is to make sure all federal disaster agencies that have to go in afterwards are properly briefed and ready to hit the ground running as soon as it's safe to do so. it also probably wouldn't hurt for him or his press secretary to strongly encourage people to leave if they're in the path that's going to be hit the hardest.

while i agree it can look bad to a lot of people to go hit a round on the links during this, i'm not sure there's really much else he can do. 

Oh, what does this remind me of?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-asked-sessions-about-closing-case-against-arpaio-an-ally-since-birtherism/2017/08/26/15e5d7b2-8a7f-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5_story.html?utm_term=.2cdcc72e8c81

The president asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether it would be possible for the government to drop the criminal case against Arpaio, but was advised that would be inappropriate, according to three people with knowledge of the conversation.