• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

Black Lives Matter leader: 'Burn down this system' if we don't get what we want

"You ... have said that violence is sometimes necessary in these situations," host Martha MacCallum told Newsome. "What exactly is it that you hope to achieve through violence?"

"Wow, it's interesting that you would pose that question like that," Newsome responded, "because this country is built upon violence. What was the American Revolution, what's our diplomacy across the globe?

"We go in and we blow up countries and we replace their leaders with leaders who we like. So for any American to accuse us of being violent is extremely hypocritical."

Ex-civil rights activist says Black Lives Matter using 'low-income black America ... to promote insurrection'

Former civil rights activist Bob Woodson told Fox Business Network's "Lou Dobbs Tonight" Wednesday that the Black Lives Matter organization has "blood on its hands" and that the corporations financially supporting it are "paying for the bricks they're using" to damage property and crush livelihoods.

"The pretext of all of this, of course, was pursuing social justice and challenging institutional racism, and they used George Floyd as the symbol of that," Woodson told host Lou Dobbs.

"They’re always trolling for other 'George Floyds,'" Woodson went on. "The head of Black Lives Matter went to Houston when a 7-year-old girl was killed and raised $100,000 in reward money while anticipating that the person who killed her was white, only to discover that the murderer was black and so then it was not a story after that."

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

Cmon man.  Ok, “they” is the millions of angry, black protestors.  How many are fatherless?  Tough to say, but 65% are from single parent homes.  So at least 50%?

Criminals? 1/3 of adult African American men have felony convictions.

So now answer the question.

So if your focus is the lowest rung of black society I can't see much changing at all for them. But maybe the large number of educated and law abiding black men who still get guns pointed at them and handcuffs put on them at traffic stops might feel like some progress was made. At some point the cops and the society as a whole have to find a better way than skin color to decide how much of a threat someone might pose and to not hold the ones who have never committed a crime accountable for the ones who have 

This is not The Onion.

Disneyland and Disney World to remake Splash Mountain with ‘Princess and the Frog’ theme

Disney will update the Splash Mountain rides in the United States with a new “Princess and the Frog” theme following an online debate about the undertones inherent in the current backstory based on the controversial 1940s Disney movie “Song of the South.”

ocregister.com/2020/06/25/disneyland-and-disney-world-to-remake-splash-mountain-with-princess-and-the-frog-theme/

13 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Ya buddy. This isn't real at all.

That's one of the founders of BLM. Prove me wrong.

No I don't really care. I just love seeing you guys lose your shit when people talk about Communism or Marxism like it's the Red Scare.

41 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I believe the incidence of this happening is GREATLY exaggerated. 

It should be noted that none of the incidents that black people have used to start rioting have been law-abiding citizens.  Rodney King, Mike Brown, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks... all criminals.  

I’m okay with the protesting the death of someone regardless of their background because the cops aren’t judge, jury and executioner (except Michael Brown because they could not have picked a worse person to protest about and I think the officer did have to do what he did. I’m leaning that way towards Rayshard Brooks as well). Rioting I can’t tolerate because there are too many opportunists in this world.

I have no idea if there is exaggeration with what arch said but we heard the same thing about @Adam friend Andre and how he was exaggerating being pulled over 30+ times in a year. Was that an exaggeration? Philando Castile was pulled over 49 times in 13 years for minor violations, the majority of which were dismissed. Has anyone here been pulled over that much? Besides smoking weed, the guy seemed pretty decent from what I researched.

The other thing that sucks is sometimes cops don’t actually do time for murdering someone. They pull the “my life was in danger” and that’s all they need. The cop that killed Philando used it. The cops that killed John Crawford didn’t’ serve time either.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_John_Crawford_III

But if you have sell cigarettes, you’re looking at jail time or death.

6 hours ago, calscuf said:

I believe the incidence of this happening is GREATLY exaggerated. 

It should be noted that none of the incidents that black people have used to start rioting have been law-abiding citizens.  Rodney King, Mike Brown, George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks... all criminals.  

Those are deaths and beatings. Not what I mentioned. And whether or not Floyd was a criminal he was still in handcuffs when he was killed. Not the job the cop was hired to do. If you don't believe it happens you should ask the black people you know. They'll all have stories.

7 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Those are deaths and beatings. Not what I mentioned. And whether or not Floyd was a criminal he was still in handcuffs when he was killed. Not the job the cop was hired to do. If you don't believe it happens you should ask the black people you know. They'll all have stories.

I believe 3000 blacks a year have a story to tell. Unfortunately they were murdered by a black man so we will never hear from them. Reality is these last two thugs both assaulted black women. One used a gun. Sounds cruel but their deaths was a gain for the black communities 

Just now, calscuf said:

Because then you’d have to be friends with more black people than André?

No. Then people would be in the streets outside of my residence. My neighborhood is full of old white and Asian people. Super quiet

1 hour ago, angelinkc said:

I believe 3000 blacks a year have a story to tell. Unfortunately they were murdered by a black man so we will never hear from them. Reality is these last two thugs both assaulted black women. One used a gun. Sounds cruel but their deaths was a gain for the black communities 

And for this reason all black men must be treated with suspicion? This just shows the rest of them that no matter what they do they'll always be lumped in with the bottom of the barrel. 

Just now, arch stanton said:

And for this reason all black men must be treated with suspicion? This just shows the rest of them that no matter what they do they'll always be lumped in with the bottom of the barrel. 

No but we should quit making heroes and celebrating the bottom. All these losers have been discussed more than Justice Thomas. Why is that