• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

22 minutes ago, NrM said:

@Rico what's your political compass look like. Just curious.

I have a friend who thinks of himself as a "communist". Even though he loves his iphone , and posting his political opinions on facebook, and drinking his 3 rockstar energy drinks a day.

Not sure what that has to do with me asking you what your political compass is, but I'm autistic, so cut me some slack.

Just for you I retook the test.

pcomp.jpg

Since 2016 I went one notch left and 4 notches down.

Detroit's recent move to defund police had serious consequences, reporter finds: 'Children are dying'

But in Detroit, gutting police department budgets has helped a downward spiral.

“We don't have enough police as it is,” said Rochelle Jones, a working mother of two. “People are acting the fool out here, and now you know the police aren't going to be coming around this summer with all that's going on. So what are the children supposed to do.”

During 80 days of the coronavirus lockdown, 18 children were shot in Detroit.

In the city, there have been 100 homicides so far this year, a 25 percent spike over last year, and there have been 271 non-fatal shootings, an increase of 30 percent.

Jimmy Failla: Canceled police shows – punish bad cops but don't pretend good ones don't exist

The truth is we all want criminal cops to be held accountable. This is the view expressed as well by police officers around the country and elected officials from both parties who have condemned the murder of George Floyd.

But in canceling “Cops” and “Live PD,” production companies have gone overboard in the other direction – seeming to say that any TV show that portrays police in a positive light shouldn’t be seen, because all cops are a bunch of lawless killers and racists.

6 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Well, they could go back.  They’re aren’t slaves anymore.

Maybe we should have put more emphasis on the Liberia option. We could have purchased half of sub Sahara Africa with all the money we have spent on welfare, prisons , and law enforcement for the black communities. Also We are losing billions every year as prime real estate is rendered worthless with all the crime. The more I think about things, the working man should be raising hell in the streets. 

8 hours ago, Theo Huxtable said:

The private school you teach at is the TORS of private schools.

man, I hope @ten ocho recon scout is doing okay. we haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks.

buddy, if you're reading this, know we're thinking about you and sending you t's & p's.

Edited by Tank