• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

School is up to the individual what they take out of it. I doubt my son would get a better education from Santa Margarita CHS than he would from Mission Viejo HS. I would prefer my son to go to a school that isn't tied into the Catholic church. 

Edited by st1ckboy

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

School is up to the individual what they take out of it. I doubt my son son would get a better education from Santa Margarita CHS than he would from Mission Viejo HS. I would prefer my son to go to a school that isn't tied into the Catholic church. 

I get it and we have the ability to allow parents to choose. Competition would lower cost and force schools to compete for our money. I don't see a downside. 

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

School is up to the individual what they take out of it. I doubt my son son would get a better education from Santa Margarita CHS than he would from Mission Viejo HS. I would prefer my son to go to a school that isn't tied into the Catholic church. 

But what about your daughter daughter?

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

He only wrote The Declaration of Independence. George Floyd did much more for this country. 

Protesters pull down Thomas Jefferson statue in front of Portland high school

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/06/protesters-take-down-thomas-jefferson-statue-in-front-of-portlands-jefferson-high-school.html

Well considering what the protesting is about, Thomas Jefferson was hardly a hero.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Crazy how the cops have tanks and shit but the public school teachers in unions that KC wants to demonize have to pay out of their own paltry paychecks for school supplies.  

fuck off dude

Yes, I know nothing about public school teachers and their pay issues. My mother is a retired teacher. Also, my brother and 5 cousins are all public school teachers. Many are under paid. A lot of that has to do with waste and huge salaries for superintendents at the top. 

17 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

He only wrote The Declaration of Independence. George Floyd did much more for this country. 

Protesters pull down Thomas Jefferson statue in front of Portland high school

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/06/protesters-take-down-thomas-jefferson-statue-in-front-of-portlands-jefferson-high-school.html

All white families should give their assets to a black family since their ancestors also owned slaves.

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

Do they not live in this country?

You know exactly why they live in this country, and it isn't because of the Declaration of Independence, which was signed about 90 years before slavery was abolished.

9 hours ago, Don said:

That seems like an unnecessary "both sides!" there. It really sounds like another version of "Well, I heard he was a bad dude, so he probably had it coming." I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're saying, but that's what it sounds like for sure.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

He’s saying people should stop committing crimes and police need to improve their interactions with citizens they serve 

yep, what jason said.

there's a clear need for reform in how police do their job. I am not in support of police using excessive force nor do I believe in the "he had it coming" idea. 

I also believe people need to stop committing as much crime as they currently commit. 

5 hours ago, Theo Huxtable said:

I know Lou is successful because he went to Santa Margarita, but private education has to be one of the biggest ripoffs in our society.

I think you owe me an apology.

btw, roughly 80% of my school population is non-white.