• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

I think most anyone in Bubba Wallace's shoes being told by his crew there was a noose hanging in the garage particularly in the current environment would have responded in a similar way initially.  Going on Don Lemon and saying what he did after the FBI had put out their findings was just a poor move.  That was the perfect time to move towards unity and say something similar to what he did in the press release or rather what his team had him say.  Oh well upward and onward. 

36 minutes ago, calscuf said:

You guys are killing me with this racism shit.  Everyone is racist.  Black people are fucking racist as shit.  There is no more institutional racism in America, in fact the pendulum has probably swung back further the other way when you are talking about protections for minorities.  So what then? Mean cops?  I think it’s been established that cops behave badly towards everyone and the increase in incidents against blacks isn’t even fully proportionate to their percentage of being criminals and having an increase in negative police interactions.  So what?  The occasional dumb redneck who uses the N word?  We’re burning America down because some toothless dumbshit?  Because that’s the extent of real racism in America.  

And ask yourselves this:  Let’s say no black guys are ever killed or treated unfairly by cops ever again.  Let’s say all racist thoughts from non-blacks are wiped from peoples minds.  How much better are black peoples lives? 10%? 20%. It sure as shit isn’t 100% or even close to it.  Until they take care of shit in their own community, their lives will continue to be shitty.

26 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I couldn’t say it any better. All this protesting has me contemplating a stars and bars scheme for my truck. 

“10 minutes to log into your other account and agree with yourself. You got to step it up”

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Proving I’m a racist to own the libs. 

There are people who admit there prejudice but still judge individuals according to their character. Many of the sjw libs deny their prejudices. The same people support the mass murder of black babies and refuse to implement school choice. Libs are not pro black but are pro misery. The left’s fake support of minorities is simply a Marxist ploy to redistribute wealth and bring eternal damnation to western civilization. 

Lol k. “School choice” 

The left is pro misery says the guy that thinks people should work until they fucking drop dead at the age of 73 and half and be thankful to their bosses for the opportunity to be paid a pittance of what their labor is worth.  You want to talk about what’s destroying this country.  It’s the imposed austerity that the capitalist class is bringing  on the vast majority of people so they can pillage everything.  and dumb fuckers like you call it “freedom”

and charter schools aren’t about choice or better education.  That’s all pure bullshit.  They’re about privatizing a public service to further enrich the tiny minority that run and own everything in this country while also indoctrinating without challenge in the manner they want.  It’s about letting suburbanites keep their kids away from the people they think are undesirable.  Like I said before.  Fuck off. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

If an ignorant redneck like me can make a decent living anyone can. Well almost anyone. Angry Excused filled grown men with envious souls still struggle. I have empathy for your misery but I care enough to tell you the hard truth. You are capable of changing your life more than any gov program. It won’t happen until you stop the excuses , envy, and self pity that makes you such an angry person. 

1 hour ago, angelinkc said:

If an ignorant redneck like me can make a decent living anyone can. Well almost anyone. Angry Excused filled grown men with envious souls still struggle. I have empathy for your misery but I care enough to tell you the hard truth. You are capable of changing your life more than any gov program. It won’t happen until you stop the excuses , envy, and self pity that makes you such an angry person. 

Your experience is not all encompassing.  A tidal wave of people are unable to make ends meet and it’s not simply boiled down to their personal failures.  Most people work or want to.  Most people are not trying to shake down government programs.  All the data is there.  Often the hardest working Americans are the poorest.  Most Americans are greatly encumbered by even minor unexpected expenses.  You know.  The occurrence of life.  Most Americans under 50 have next to no savings.  But fucking brain damaged morons like you think it’s because they’re eating too much avocado toast out or whatever bullshit. 

And I’m fine you moron.  Don’t assume anything about me.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace tweeted out a statement on Wednesday about the supposed noose found in his garage, saying that he's "relieved" to know it wasn't meant for him, but embarrassed by the mixup after the FBI ended its hate crime investigation.

"It's been an emotional few days. First off, I want to say how relieved I am that the investigation revealed that this wasn't what we feared it was," he wrote. "I want to thank my team, NASCAR and the FBI for acting swiftly and treating this as a real threat.

"I think we'll gladly take a little embarrassment over what the alternatives could have been," Wallace continued.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/bubba-wallace-relieved-rope-in-garage-wasnt-noose-targeted-at-him-acknowledges-embarrassment

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Your experience is not all encompassing.  A tidal wave of people are unable to make ends meet and it’s not simply boiled down to their personal failures.  Most people work or want to.  Most people are not trying to shake down government programs.  All the data is there.  Often the hardest working Americans are the poorest.  Most Americans are greatly encumbered by even minor unexpected expenses.  You know.  The occurrence of life.  Most Americans under 50 have next to no savings.  But fucking brain damaged morons like you think it’s because they’re eating too much avocado toast out or whatever bullshit. 

And I’m fine you moron.  Don’t assume anything about me.  

You seem to have anger issues. I thought you libs were about peace and love. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

That’s a clinch knot and it slips too but yeah, it has a similar look. Both perfection loops and Bimini twist knots do not slip. I just went fishing last weekend so I was practicing them 

A bowline is a lot easier. 

It doesn't really matter what you think of the protesters/rioters intelligence or the veracity of their complaints. Perception is reality. There have been millions of people in the streets this month. People with something to lose or with the power to make change don't do that.

Of course those on the right can continue to offer them cake.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

What's wrong with that?

I wonder how long it’ll take for the for profit charter schools to just be de facto segregated.  Charter schools have been around long enough to demonstrate that generally they do not substantially change students performance vs. public schools.  And of course that’s true because the whole idea that “the market” fixes everything is horseshit anyway .   But what they do do is take money away from school districts that are already often underfunded.  That results in teacher layoffs, larger classrooms and in time school closures.  Which produce the even further exasperated problems.  Do we believe that public education is bad and should be abolished ? There are a thousand reasons why public education is a vital. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I wonder how long it’ll take for the for profit charter schools to just be de facto segregated.  Charter schools have been around long enough to demonstrate that generally they do not substantially change students performance vs. public schools.  And of course that’s true because the whole idea that “the market” fixes everything is horseshit anyway .   But what they do do is take money away from school districts that are already often underfunded.  That results in teacher layoffs, larger classrooms and in time school closures.  Which produce the even further exasperated problems.  Do we believe that public education is bad and should be abolished ? There are a thousand reasons why public education is a vital. 

That has nothing to do with keeping your children away from undesirable people. 

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It doesn't really matter what you think of the protesters/rioters intelligence or the veracity of their complaints. Perception is reality. There have been millions of people in the streets this month. People with something to lose or with the power to make change don't do that.

Of course those on the right can continue to offer them cake.

Anyone that genuinely believes that all the stuff going on in this country is just about racial animus is clueless.  All this unrest is about a lot of things.  And we will continue to see these types of disturbances persist and intensify as the disparity between the haves and have nots continues to grow.  Police brutality is just the thing that set people off this time.  It was a perfect storm of people being locked down, out of work etc. 

weird how all the white kids were out in the streets. 

Edited by UndertheHalo