• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

I can't believe how desperate you guys are to put this on him. Even if the noose was there since last year it's not like nobody knew it was there when they assigned that garage to him. Coincidence? Luck of the draw? Pretty big odds that the only black driver on the circuit gets the only stall with a noose on the end of the rope. He probably should have run out and bought some lottery tickets

The event schedulers do not have any involvement with the garages other than logistics. They just make assignments based on what drivers qualify, they don't inspect them nor assign for any particular reason. If one is out of service it is only a notation on their board. 

There is no conspiracy, no direct intent by the course or NASCAR. Some nitwit, for whatever reason, tied a noose on a garage pull while their crew was there and left it and the course had been shut down for months. 

Move on like adults. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

I can't believe how desperate you guys are to put this on him. Even if the noose was there since last year it's not like nobody knew it was there when they assigned that garage to him. Coincidence? Luck of the draw? Pretty big odds that the only black driver on the circuit gets the only stall with a noose on the end of the rope. He probably should have run out and bought some lottery tickets

I know you’re half way around the planet so I’ll cut you some slack but the reaction by him and the way he milked it was ridiculous. I caught some of the live coverage and it was laughable especially when everyone who wasn’t as dense as a doorknob knew this was going to turn out to be a fake. NASCAR may have been pandering but Wallace was just fine with the coverage. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

So the racists are just being passive aggressive. I think that’s progress.

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

Was that the only garage with a pull rope for the door? If so, maybe there’s something to this. If not, then this is all manufactured.

All of them have garage door pulls but that's the only one that has a handle like that which I'm guessing was fashioned by someone working in that particular garage last year since they have video proof it was there as far back as October.

As evidenced by this thread people will arrive at the conclusion of their choice regardless of what facts come out later.  Nobody hung it there before the race for Wallace and hopefully Nascar just moves forward with removing the confederate flag and any other elements like that from racing. 

BTW here is a picture of the noose.  Took forever to find it, guess Google doesn't want you to see it.  BTW, these look like two different garages.  Since one is in the middle of the garage, and another is on the side.  So racism is rampant in Nascar.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbLXZAyXkAA4cUv?format=jpg&name=small 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275305809832849408 

Edit.  Actually, looking at the video again, it is on the side like the picture shows.  

Edited by gotbeer

8 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

And I didn't say anything incorrect in that post. You can clearly see in that video it was a noose and Bubba Wallace said it wasn't intended for him. Again if you want to blame anyone blame NASCAR for their handling of this.

I’m confused.  I was mostly agreeing with you.  All I said was that I thought it was poor form to double down on the noose thing on Don Lemons show.  I mean if it’s not a noose it’s not a noose.  If they have evidence that it’s been a garage door handle for a year plus then I mean what are we talking about here ?  Is it an unfortunate coincidence.  Absolutely.  I’ll even say it’s an incredible coincidence.  But again, if it has been used as a door handle for a year plus.  Then one would be unreasonable to presume that it’s a racial hatred message.  Whoever put it there couldn’t have known Wallace would be assigned the garage in June 2020 a year ago.  

believe me, I understand the sensitivity to it.  At the same time, people should be careful to not give people who deny this stuff ammunition to continue on pretending that there’s no real problem with racism in this country.  It’s important to be as bulletproof as possible when taking on these serious issues.  If it wasn’t a noose then that’s it.  There are no shortage of genuine incidents to work on. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m confused.  I was mostly agreeing with you.  All I said was that I thought it was poor form to double down on the noose thing on Don Lemons show.  I mean if it’s not a noose it’s not a noose.  If they have evidence that it’s been a garage door handle for a year plus then I mean what are we talking about here ?  Is it an unfortunate coincidence.  Absolutely.  I’ll even say it’s an incredible coincidence.  But again, if it has been used as a door handle for a year plus.  Then one should reasonably presume that it’s not a racial hatred message.  Whoever put it there couldn’t have known Wallace would be assigned the garage in June 2020 a year ago.  

believe me, I understand the sensitivity to it.  At the same time, people should be careful to not give people who deny this stuff ammunition to continue on pretending that there’s no real problem with racism in this country.  It’s important to be as bulletproof as possible when taking on these serious issues.  If it wasn’t a noose then that’s it.  There are no shortage of genuine incidents to work on. 

You can see in the Don Lemon video it was a noose. The FBI in their report refer to it as a noose.

Joint Statement from U.S. Attorney Jay E. Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp, Jr. Regarding the Noose Found in NASCAR’s Bubba Wallace’s Garage at Talladega Superspeedway | USAO-NDAL | Department of Justice
https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndal/pr/joint-statement-us-attorney-jay-e-town-and-fbi-special-agent-charge-johnnie-sharp-jr

Lol I don’t want to fight with you over this st1ck. I think that if it’s a garage door handle then that’s what it is.  If it was put in there to send a message to Bubba Wallace then it’s a noose.  It sounds like it’s a garage door handle.  Anyway.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lol I don’t want to fight with you over this st1ck. I think that if it’s a garage door handle then that’s what it is.  If it was put in there to send a message to Bubba Wallace then it’s a noose.  It sounds like it’s garage door handle.  Anyway.  

It's both. It's a garage door rope that was tied into a noose. They have evidence It's been there since October of last year and Wallace just moved into that garage last week. 

Has anyone pointed out that you couldn't use a noose as a pull handle because pulling on it would close the loop as a noose is a slip knot? It's likely a perfection loop. I use that all the time for connecting fly line to my leader. Remind me never to set one up for a black dude though

Edited by Jason

I was taught as a kid to tie a fishing lure where you twist it so the line raps around before pulling it through then cut off excess line which may be the same thing you're describing.  In hindsight it resembles the handle in the garage.  Been years since I've done it but it's one of those things where if I had fishing line and a lure I could probably still do it from memory.  If I ever take up fishing again I'll refrain from posting any pictures to avoid possible backlash.

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I was taught as a kid to tie a fishing lure where you twist it so the line raps around before pulling it through then cut off excess line which may be the same thing you're describing.  In hindsight it resembles the handle in the garage.  Been years since I've done it but it's one of those things where if I had fishing line and a lure I could probably still do it from memory.  If I ever take up fishing again I'll refrain from posting any pictures to avoid possible backlash.

That’s a clinch knot and it slips too but yeah, it has a similar look. Both perfection loops and Bimini twist knots do not slip. I just went fishing last weekend so I was practicing them