• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

Interesting article by Jason Whitlock.

https://outkick.com/o-say-can-you-see-the-art-of-this-war/

The list of symbolic changes sweeping America is endless. It stretches all the way to boxes of rice, maple syrup and cream of wheat

To what end? Improved race relations? That’s laughable. 

Improved self-image? Equally laughable.

The same people and corporations pushing to cleanse Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima from our breakfast table will continue to treat Cardi B, T.I., Rick Ross and every other N-word-spewing promoter of black degeneracy as respected icons.

The cosmetic improvements being embraced reveal the lack of skill, wisdom and substance of the architects. They’re the solutions of the cynical, the hopeless, the naive, the bigoted and our nation’s enemies. 

In The Art of War, Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu states “the supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”

More than 2,500 years after his death, his countrymen can prepare a “Mission Accomplished” flag for the United States. 

We’re being subdued mentally. We’re being convinced of our wickedness. The social justice reformers and anarchists have demonized the customs and traditions that tied us together, made us feel proud of our journey, evolution and accomplishments.

You shout, “Good! Some of them need to go!”

Are we replacing them with something better? Are we replacing them with things that will unify us and allow us to function in a civilized manner? 

Can you purify a Confederate heart, a Confederate mind, a Confederate culture by force, by shame, by elimination of symbols? Or do you provoke a bitterness and secrecy that undermine racial progress and foment rebellion inside the privacy of a voting booth?  

The people most willing to ignore their sins and cast the first stone are fast at work reshaping One Nation Under God.

16 hours ago, calscuf said:

I’m in Seaside, Oregon.  We rented a house on the boardwalk thing next to the ocean. I was outside grilling a tri tip when a group of about 50 BLM protesters approached with signs and screaming.  (As this is Oregon they were all, of course, white).  So I see them and tell my older nephew to get the little kids in inside and I’m trying to corral my dog and I’m trying not to pay attention to them.  Some c*nt yells, “your dog is smarter than you” and while my dog is pretty smart, I doubt he’s actually smarter than me so I take this as an insult and flip the group off.  They start screaming “racist” and “fuck you racist” and shit like that.  One dyke starts yelling, “youre on fucking film asshole” as she’s got her phone pointed at me.  I am staring at her through the bay window and she continues to film as I continue to flip the bird.  One of the girls pulls her shirt up to expose her tits.  They eventually keep walking and it ends.  And the family accuses me of being the instigator.  Oh well.  Fun times.

Probably the skid row t shirt that set them off. 

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

Interesting article by Jason Whitlock.

https://outkick.com/o-say-can-you-see-the-art-of-this-war/

The list of symbolic changes sweeping America is endless. It stretches all the way to boxes of rice, maple syrup and cream of wheat

To what end? Improved race relations? That’s laughable. 

Improved self-image? Equally laughable.

The same people and corporations pushing to cleanse Uncle Ben and Aunt Jemima from our breakfast table will continue to treat Cardi B, T.I., Rick Ross and every other N-word-spewing promoter of black degeneracy as respected icons.

The cosmetic improvements being embraced reveal the lack of skill, wisdom and substance of the architects. They’re the solutions of the cynical, the hopeless, the naive, the bigoted and our nation’s enemies. 

In The Art of War, Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu states “the supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”

More than 2,500 years after his death, his countrymen can prepare a “Mission Accomplished” flag for the United States. 

We’re being subdued mentally. We’re being convinced of our wickedness. The social justice reformers and anarchists have demonized the customs and traditions that tied us together, made us feel proud of our journey, evolution and accomplishments.

You shout, “Good! Some of them need to go!”

Are we replacing them with something better? Are we replacing them with things that will unify us and allow us to function in a civilized manner? 

Can you purify a Confederate heart, a Confederate mind, a Confederate culture by force, by shame, by elimination of symbols? Or do you provoke a bitterness and secrecy that undermine racial progress and foment rebellion inside the privacy of a voting booth?  

The people most willing to ignore their sins and cast the first stone are fast at work reshaping One Nation Under God.

Great read. I think he's on the right track. People are angry, and rightfully so, but they don't know what they are angry at or how to fix it. 

When we all wake up in a year in a world without confederate monuments, statues of Christopher Columbus and Aunt Jemima syrup, what exactly will we have accomplished?

On 6/19/2020 at 1:07 PM, tdawg87 said:

Yeah see this is where I draw the line. You can be "traumatized" but you still have to do your work. You don't get a free pass because you're triggered by something. Imagine giving students a degree because they were upset about something.

Everyone on the planet is going through shit. They still go to work and do what they have to do because that's called being an adult.

One of the few joys I get is hijacking @tdawg87 account and posting this shit. 

On 6/19/2020 at 8:46 PM, calscuf said:

After the fact I thought of a number of funny things I could have said, including asking who is joining me to eat my dead cow and were their men going to be upset they left the kitchen. 

what was the point of the chick flashing her cans at you? and did it convince you to yell BLM with them?

9 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Great read. I think he's on the right track. People are angry, and rightfully so, but they don't know what they are angry at or how to fix it. 

When we all wake up in a year in a world without confederate monuments, statues of Christopher Columbus and Aunt Jemima syrup, what exactly will we have accomplished?

I work with 3 middle class working black men in their mid-50's to early 60's. They read his piece and their consensus is that it's taken 156 years to get to this point so whatever pushes it forward even a little is progress

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I work with 3 middle class working black men in their mid-50's to early 60's. They read his piece and their consensus is that it's taken 156 years to get to this point so whatever pushes it forward even a little is progress

Yeah I think that's probably how most people feel right now, but it isn't going to change anything. So far we've done nothing to address the real problems, stuff like this only makes us feel better because it makes the legacy of racism harder to see.

8 hours ago, NrM said:

Just an fyi. The leaders of the BLM movement are self proclaimed marxists.  So when you're donating to them, you are donating to further progress their political agenda.

I mean, did you think they didn't have a political agenda?

On 6/14/2020 at 11:06 AM, gotbeer said:

Just got my neighbors weekly incident report for my area.  Usually there is only a handful of incidents, and most of the time, just theft.  This week, there were 15 incidents, with a lot of assaults in there.  Combine that with my citizen app going off ever few hours, where it would go off maybe once a day.  Yeah, fuck defunding the police.  

Good news.  Last week there were 15 incidents.  This week, it went down to 47 incidents.

Fuck defunding the police.  We need them more than ever now.