• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Wrong.  Look fucking racists are all over.  They’re GOP and they’re Democrats.  You don’t need to tell me that plenty of Democrats are full of shit.  They are.  The current party nominee was a pretty solid supporter of fucking segregation when he got going.  The dude eulogized Strom Thurmond (an example of the sea change I’m talking about)  But *today* the Democrats don’t codify it into their platforms.  They don’t implicitly and honestly, explicitly(increasingly) endorse it like the GOP does.  This is a stupid game you’re playing.  

I agree they don’t openly do it often. That was Malcom X fears as well. An inbred white man sporting a klan costume is not nearly as dangerous as the politicians. Education is a cornerstone to escaping violence and poverty. Why do the dems oppose school vouchers? Pretty good way to make sure blacks have opportunities that currently belong to elevated income brackets. 

The main reason that parts of the south remained blue (and Midwest) was because of unions.  This is all complicated and you’re trying to simplify it.  Massively the south flipped red because of anger over the civil rights act.  The whole process did take decades.  But that’s when the shit changed. 

The south flipped 30 years after the civil rights movement. Also unions are not nearly as strong down south. The unions have kept the upper Midwest blue. Taxes and lack of unions are major reasons industry had moved south over the last 30 years. 

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I agree they don’t openly do it often. That was Malcom X fears as well. An inbred white man sporting a klan costume is not nearly as dangerous as the politicians. Education is a cornerstone to escaping violence and poverty. Why do the dems oppose school vouchers? Pretty good way to make sure blacks have opportunities that currently belong to elevated income brackets. 

They oppose school vouchers because they fucking suck and represent yet another way to defund public schools and privatize education.  

anyway, like I said.  The parties have changed dramatically.  In 19th century and the early 20th century then republicans pursued policies that significantly expanded the power of the federal government.  The republicans were abolitionists.  Much was beginning to change after WW1.  As you know FDR’s new deal.  Etc.  

there are plenty very good histories on this.  Avoid dumb fuck ideologues and you can find one.  

6 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

The south flipped 30 years after the civil rights movement. Also unions are not nearly as strong down south. The unions have kept the upper Midwest blue. Taxes and lack of unions are major reasons industry had moved south over the last 30 years. 

Unions were big all over the country for years and the dems drew their power from them.  I said in  the prior post that this was complicated.  Of course it wasn’t just unions, but you can’t talk about 20th century American politics without discussing the unions.  

you don’t even need to read a book dude.  Though you should.  Anyway, just go to Wikipedia and type in “the southern strategy” that’s what happened. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

They oppose school vouchers because they fucking suck and represent yet another way to defund public schools and privatize education.  

anyway, like I said.  The parties have changed dramatically.  In 19th century and the early 20th century then republicans pursued policies that significantly expanded the power of the federal government.  The republicans were abolitionists.  Much was beginning to change after WW1.  As you know FDR’s new deal.  Etc.  

there are plenty very good histories on this.  Avoid dumb fuck ideologues and you can find one.  

Private education leads to better jobs and outcomes. We have the ability to offer this benefit to poor families.  We don’t because The left needs public schools to create the useful idiots to win elections. 

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Unions were big all over the country for years and the dems drew their power from them.  I said in  the prior post that this was complicated.  Of course it wasn’t just unions, but you can’t talk about 20th century American politics without discussing the unions.  

you don’t even need to read a book dude.  Though you should.  Anyway, just go to Wikipedia and type in “the southern strategy” that’s what happened. 

Wikipedia leans pretty left.

4 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Private education leads to better jobs and outcomes. We have the ability to offer this benefit to poor families.  We don’t because The left needs public schools to create the useful idiots to win elections. 

Oh my god dude.  Lol fucking forget it.  Just pointless.

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I can’t believe you want to exclude blacks from the same education 

How about we take your beautiful vouchers and give them to horrifically underfunded set up to fail public schools that serve everyone.  Instead of handing more money over to fucking thieves that belong in dog crates like Betsy DeVos. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Crazy how the cops have tanks and shit but the public school teachers in unions that KC wants to demonize have to pay out of their own paltry paychecks for school supplies.  

fuck off dude

To be fair, this is because we as a society agreed a long time ago that tanks are rad and pencils are decidedly un-rad. It's a big part of the social contract we enter into as Americans.

6 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

I know Lou is successful because he went to Santa Margarita, but private education has to be one of the biggest ripoffs in our society.

Lou went to Santa Margarita? He must be boys with Carson Palmer. 

How about we take your beautiful vouchers and give them to horrifically underfunded set up to fail public schools that serve everyone.  Instead of handing more money over to fucking thieves that belong in dog crates like Betsy DeVos. 

I thought public schools were part of institutional racism.  They are ran by politicians and unions. I say we help the black man get off the plantation completely. You simply want to add a nice playground and paint BLM on the sidewalks.