• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

I can already tell change is happening.  I had been drinking last night and the white trash around the corner was lighting off pro grade fireworks, waking up my kids, making my dog (the one from the photo) shake uncontrollably for hours, pissing off the wife and generally causing havoc at my house.  Anyways, so I called the cops via 9-11 and the dispatch guy asked me politely to not call 9-11 for non-emergencies and I was a bit of a dick.  He apologized and no cops showed up at my house to harass me about improper 9-11 use.  

Thanks George Floyd!

Thats what started the feud with my white neighbor. He was shooting fireworks and the sissy next door yelled at him. He thought it was me and his redneck daughter yelled white power. Not sure why people think they should shoot fireworks in a fucking neighborhood. I see a lot of house fires with fewer 4th of July shows this year.

3 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

They make monkey noises at the black soccer players The Italian league released this fail of an anti racism logo.

monkey.PNG

Being big into football (aka soccer) Europe and mainly Eastern Europe are insane. They've had games played in empty stadiums as punishment because certain groups make monkey noises or throw bananas on the field. They deal with a lot over there.

27 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Thats what started the feud with my white neighbor. He was shooting fireworks and the sissy next door yelled at him. He thought it was me and his redneck daughter yelled white power. Not sure why people think they should shoot fireworks in a fucking neighborhood. I see a lot of house fires with fewer 4th of July shows this year.

we've got some moron tonight who's set off two massive firecracker bombs so far, with the last coming at 11:50 pm. 

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

I can already tell change is happening.  I had been drinking last night and the white trash around the corner was lighting off pro grade fireworks, waking up my kids, making my dog (the one from the photo) shake uncontrollably for hours, pissing off the wife and generally causing havoc at my house.  Anyways, so I called the cops via 9-11 and the dispatch guy asked me politely to not call 9-11 for non-emergencies and I was a bit of a dick.  He apologized and no cops showed up at my house to harass me about improper 9-11 use.  

Thanks George Floyd!

I've noticed that the last few nights around my place too.  Lot's of fireworks going off like it's the 4th of July.

Also on my drive home tonight, saw lots of big fireworks go off near the freeway.  But it would only be like one and done.  

Is this due to the protests?  Or is it something else?  Did I just miss the memo?

Just got my neighbors weekly incident report for my area.  Usually there is only a handful of incidents, and most of the time, just theft.  This week, there were 15 incidents, with a lot of assaults in there.  Combine that with my citizen app going off ever few hours, where it would go off maybe once a day.  Yeah, fuck defunding the police.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Just got my neighbors weekly incident report for my area.  Usually there is only a handful of incidents, and most of the time, just theft.  This week, there were 15 incidents, with a lot of assaults in there.  Combine that with my citizen app going off ever few hours, where it would go off maybe once a day.  Yeah, fuck defunding the police.  

You should move.

3 hours ago, Theo Huxtable said:

It saddens me that you took it that way.

my view on this the whole time has been that reforming police is only one side of the coin. the other side is that we as citizens must also reform our behavior. you can't rightfully expect that only the police need to adjust their practices and procedures. we do too.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

my view on this the whole time has been that reforming police is only one side of the coin. the other side is that we as citizens must also reform our behavior. you can't rightfully expect that only the police need to adjust their practices and procedures. we do too.

That seems like an unnecessary "both sides!" there. It really sounds like another version of "Well, I heard he was a bad dude, so he probably had it coming." I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're saying, but that's what it sounds like for sure.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

What do you mean by "reform our behavior"?