• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anti mandate would be a lot more accurate. 

I'm sure there are plenty of other health mandates you guys follow. Granted I've never been on the other side of the counter. For all I know you guys could be walking around in raw sewage back there. I bet you guys took down all the signs telling employees to wash their hands. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I read it, it’s cute. It reads like he has an agenda and it reads like he wants to be edgy.  It reads like we are politicizing or trying to capitalize on the company’s stance.  Did he ask why some associates wear masks, no.  Why because he wants to give the impression we don’t care about the virus.  As someone who knows exactly what we’ve done, I know it’s utter bullshit. So believe the journalist or the guy that’s worked there 30+ years.  

I'm wondering though.  Does In N Out require their employees to show proof of Vax?

18 minutes ago, St1ck said:

What if I lit up a cigarette in their dining room? Would the employees become the smoking police? 

It's a little different. Someone lighting up in the dining room is probably not even a once a year thing that a manager can be expected to take care of. Asking your front line workers to ask every single person for proof of vaccination before getting their burger is a recipe for disaster. We've already seen workers shot for asking customers to put a mask on.

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's a little different. Someone lighting up in the dining room is probably not even a once a year thing that a manager can be expected to take care of. Asking your front line workers to ask every single person for proof of vaccination before getting their burger is a recipe for disaster. We've already seen workers shot for asking customers to put a mask on.

I was actually thinking of going to In N Out after my son's soccer game but now I'm a little hesitant. How do I know that they won't just slap a piece of raw meat on a bun? There's a pattern forming that they just don't take public health measures seriously. 

2 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I was actually thinking of going to In N Out after my son's soccer game but now I'm a little hesitant. How do I know that they won't just slap a piece of raw meat on a bun? There's a pattern forming that they just don't take public health measures seriously. 

I usually base it off the 'did I get sick last time' measure. If you get covid at In N Out I would recommend avoiding it in the future.

I think that generally the expectation that a restaurant or retail employee confront people about vaccination isn’t a very viable way to do safety.  It’s really just not.  That said in-n-out is obliged to follow the local public health directives where they’re in business.  If they don’t want their employees in the business of policing vaccinations (fair enough) they should just close their dining rooms.  To do otherwise and get one of your comms people throw a public hissy fit sort of screams of deliberate politicization.  So it’s a bit much to say that it’s not about politics.  It definitely is when they behave that way. 

San Francisco is like over 90% vaccinated as I understand it.  The vaccine checks for relatively small dining rooms probably aren’t necessary.  Make them space out the tables.  Have the employees wear masks.  That seems like more reasonable policy. 

now for large gatherings.  Particularly indoor. The vaccine requirement becomes a more pertinent question.  Imo. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I usually base it off the 'did I get sick last time' measure. If you get covid at In N Out I would recommend avoiding it in the future.

I have no idea what other viruses they may have floating around there though. Maybe I get COVID this time. Maybe next time it's Polio. 

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think that generally the expectation that a restaurant or retail employee confront people about vaccination isn’t a very viable way to do safety.  It’s really just not.  That said in-n-out is obliged to follow the local public health directives where they’re in business.  If they don’t want their employees in the business of policing vaccinations (fair enough) they should just close their dining rooms.  To do otherwise and get one of your comms people throw a public hissy fit sort of screams of deliberate politicization.  So it’s a bit much to say that it’s not about politics.  It definitely is when they behave that way. 

San Francisco is like over 90% vaccinated as I understand it.  The vaccine checks for relatively small dining rooms probably aren’t necessary.  Make them space out the tables.  Have the employees wear masks.  That seems like more reasonable policy. 

now for large gatherings.  Particularly indoor. The vaccine requirement becomes a more pertinent question.  Imo. 

Just received their official response to your post.

In-N-Out_Burger_font~2.png

42 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I agree with this. If they don’t like the city’s rules they should close or move somewhere else.