• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

How do you know these same people do not donate their time and money to charities that their churches are involved in? You can dislike their protest or whatever it is but it doesn’t mean that these people are bad, phony or aren’t Christians who give and help others in need 

I feel safe in saying that anyone that thinks that buying a double double one day to fight for "their culture" are not the same people that donate their time to food banks. 

Edited by St1ck

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

How do you know these same people do not donate their time and money to charities that their churches are involved in? You can dislike their protest or whatever it is but it doesn’t mean that these people are bad, phony or aren’t Christians who give and help others in need 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

You are making a big assumption here. 

Okay, I feel like you're getting into semantics. I apologized if I misstated my point.

I think it's ridiculous the energy that some Christians put into standing up for certain culture warrior issues, and I wish more American Christians would put their energy in other issues that are closer to the heart of the gospel.

22 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I feel safe in saying that anyone that thinks that buying a double double one day to fight for "their culture" are not the same people that donate their time to food banks. 

Ehhh.  A bunch of those cops crawling up on crosses up in Seattle were doing a food thing for homeless people the other day.  A week or so ago they were stealing all their shit and clearing their camps.  I’d say the one thing is not related to the other in either case. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ehhh.  A bunch of those cops crawling up on crosses up in Seattle were doing a food thing for homeless people the other day.  A week or so ago they were stealing all their shit and clearing their camps.  I’d say the one thing is not related to the other in either case. 

I have no idea what you're talking about. 

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

As a Christian, it bums me out that Christians will turn out in droves for something like that but won't show up in droves to serve the homeless or stand up for justice.

Slacktivism.

Yes they could do something constructive like burn down a few police stations 

54 minutes ago, cals said:

You understand my entire job is to help people in their time of need?  And it’s often thankless and extremely stressful but every once in a while I get to salvage what someone has left of their life and send them on their way with a little hope?

What percentage of the take do you get?

41 minutes ago, cals said:

That’s right motherfuckers.  Now show some fucking respect.

If you were doing it pro bono, then yes, respect. But you don't so it's really only a commission job, like a used car salesman. No respect. 

Got my booster today. Feeling kinda out of it with chills and a headache, but nothing too bad.

A good family friend of mine who is a pastor died today after being on a ventilator for a few weeks. Pretty sad stuff—he was a good man. What’s even sadder is that his daughter gave birth recently, so he was never able to see his grandkid.

I just wish he had taken the damn vaccine.

1 minute ago, cals said:

I would hope that the political right and Christian conservatives will have some serious soul searching and factual reevaluation to do when this shit is done but it won’t happen.  

I’m sorry to hear about your pastor friend.  How sad that he very likely could have prevented his own death.  His story repeats 100x daily.  I’m not mocking.  It’s tragic and very sad.  

And tomorrow Larry will say he was either old or fat or brown and all those can be remedied if people took better care of themselves.

Yep, I agree. His death could’ve been prevented. He was very foolish to not get vaccinated.

It’s just baffling how so many Christians are against the vaccine. But, I know many anti-vaxxers who aren’t Christian or conservatives—I just think the latter are most vocal about it. It’s strange, because it was always the hippies/far left who were against vaccinations until the Covid vaccine.

Guys like Larry are absolute dipshits. It’s no secret I like Trump, but if you are against getting vaccinated and/or wearing a mask, then you are a dimwit.

My pastor friend was never vocal about vaccines and never mentioned politics in his sermons, he just stupidly chose not to get vaccinated, and now he’s dead.

And while it’s ultimately his fault, I do blame the batshit rhetoric guys like Larry spread to deter people from getting vaccinated. I don’t give a shit about your precious freedoms, you selfish assholes.

Meanwhile, these clowns have no issues gobbling 50 different kinds of pills prescribed by their doctors or even snake oil —but a vaccine for a deadly virus is somehow off the table for them.

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Okay, I feel like you're getting into semantics. I apologized if I misstated my point.

I think it's ridiculous the energy that some Christians put into standing up for certain culture warrior issues, and I wish more American Christians would put their energy in other issues that are closer to the heart of the gospel.

Agreed.