• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Random memory. Reference the chinese eating weird shit.

A buddy from another agency took a call once, near the beach. A transient found a dead sea lion.... was bbq'ing it on the grill of a nearby park.

Not going to lie.  But we see bighorn sheep where we camp all the time.  If one of those things fell off the cliff and died, we have a former butcher and former chef in camp that will be all over it, and it would be an all you can eat sheep fest.

8 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I find this interesting, not one Democrat, state or federal has called for us to handle this any different than how it is being handled.  Trump was super late and my guess is he will lose the presidency because of it.

lets not pretend there are great ideas coming from our government, any of them.

I can get on board with that. Even though you hear about the Trump cut CDC, pandemic stuff, and it sure as shit didn't help, is their any proof it would be that much different. My kid got moved to Covid Nurse 2 and still has a fucking dust mask. Then you wonder if the hospital ever had any pandemic response in place CDC or not. This kind of shit has to be budgeted for across the board here on out.  

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I find this interesting, not one Democrat, state or federal has called for us to handle this any different than how it is being handled.  Trump was super late and my guess is he will lose the presidency because of it.

lets not pretend there are great ideas coming from our government, any of them.

You think Biden will get elected due to the virus? Ok.

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Also, wondering what companies are thinking that put all their eggs in the Chinese basket.  If anything, companies might be strongly thinking about diversifying their manufacturing all over the world.  Which is also bad for china but good for a lot of other third world countries.  

This was already starting to happen. Vietnam and Mexico are seeing huge jumps in manufacturing US goods. I expect more of that to happen but I also expect the US to start manufacturing its own products again especially medication. One way of doing this is to require all drugs purchased by Medicare to be manufactured in the US. They can regulate it as a matter of national security.

6 minutes ago, Fireball said:

I can get on board with that. Even though you hear about the Trump cut CDC, pandemic stuff, and it sure as shit didn't help, is their any proof it would be that much different. My kid got moved to Covid Nurse 2 and still has a fucking dust mask. Then you wonder if the hospital ever had any pandemic response in place CDC or not. This kind of shit has to be budgeted for across the board here on out.  

I agree, he wasn’t prepared.

Governor is giving a presser right now, pleading with people to stay inside... mentioned how Wuhan recovered.

@Chuckster70, when you asked why other countries have contained it better, that's your answer. In order to avoid people going batshit and stsrting a revolution, the govt is avoiding a total shutdown, and is instead simply asking us to stay home, and watch the sopranos on amazon prime.

And we cant even do that.

108248.jpeg

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Not going to lie.  But we see bighorn sheep where we camp all the time.  If one of those things fell off the cliff and died, we have a former butcher and former chef in camp that will be all over it, and it would be an all you can eat sheep fest.

Says the asian dude 

7 minutes ago, Fireball said:

I think part of the problem is the procedures in place.  Everything I've read shows the procedures were implemented properly.  For instance people are blaming Trump for not having test kits.  But the procedure is that the CDC takes lead on these test kits, and the FDA has to approve these test kits.  Whereas in South Korea, the government gave an issue that private business could develop the kits and it would be fasttracked through regulatory approval.  

What was unprecedented about this virus is how quickly it spread to other countries.  Looking at the just some basic numbers.  

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-deadly-is-the-coronavirus-compared-to-past-outbreaks#Seasonal-flu

SARS.  Only had 8098 cases across 29 countries with only 8 US cases and no deaths in the US.  (This Coronavirus is a relative of SARS from what I understand)

H1N1.  This one had a lot of US cases.  60.8 million in the US with a 0.2% death rate.  This one probably got a quicker response because it's epicenter was Mexico/US.  Started in Mexico January 2009, in the US April 2009.  Vaccine research started in April and became available in December with the end of the pandemic in August of 2010.

Ebola.  28652 global cases.  50% death rate.  Didn't really come to the US.  No vaccine.  

Coronavirus.  Dec 2019 is the start date listing here.  127,000 cases, but I'm sure that's old data and is going to skyrocket, plus not all those affected have been tested.  3.4% death rate, but they are saying areas are reporting more like 0.4%.  In the end, it'll probably be like H1N1 and 0.2%.  But as far as vaccine.  If you go by the H1N1 response.  It took about 8 months to develop one.  So August, but it really came into focus in Feb/March.  So more like October/November when we hopefully see a vaccine.  

17 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Governor is giving a presser right now, pleading with people to stay inside... mentioned how Wuhan recovered.

@Chuckster70, when you asked why other countries have contained it better, that's your answer. In order to avoid people going batshit and stsrting a revolution, the govt is avoiding a total shutdown, and is instead simply asking us to stay home, and watch the sopranos on amazon prime.

And we cant even do that.

108248.jpeg

There is actually no evidence that Wuhan has recovered.  I've actually read an article that China has stopped testing, in order to try and suppress the numbers.

But in any case, look at South Korea.  They have recovered.  And they did not institute stay at home, closing down businesses, or anything like that.  Of course, they also aren't stupid and having parties on the beach.  

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just listened to the trump presser....

I dont normally get into this stuff. And I try to never get into politics on here. 

I hate trump. I think hes a tool. But just as the right lost me years ago shitting on obama whenever possible, the left has killed me over the trump stuff. (Note i have no problem calling either out when warranted).

So in reading CNNs wrote up on trumps comments, it kills me to read the slant. I listened to the same comments live.... theyre recap is twisting some of what he said.

Again, im not a trump fan at all. And i prefer cnn to fox. But its annoying as hell.

he's the worst public speaker we've ever seen. his arrogance and narcissim are off the charts horrible.

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

There is actually no evidence that Wuhan has recovered.  I've actually read an article that China has stopped testing, in order to try and suppress the numbers.

But in any case, look at South Korea.  They have recovered.  And they did not institute stay at home, closing down businesses, or anything like that.  Of course, they also aren't stupid and having parties on the beach.  

Thats one of my worries. People see china, and figure "see, its overblown"

But how much coming out of there can we trust? Same as russia.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

But on the flip side.  In China's case.  Endangered species and rare species can't be cheap.  And also, in China's case.  If they want to be considered a first world country, then food regulations should be standard.  

I do have a feeling though that their government is going to crack down on this hard.  They are pretty much getting taken down because of this, and that isn't going to sit well with the powers.

add tigers to that list, too. 

some of these animals are seen as having health cures for all kinds of things. 

idiots.