• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

21 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

LAUSD sees its steepest enrollment decline in 20 years, dropping by more than 27,000 students

Enrollment in the Los Angeles Unified School District has dropped by more than 27,000 students since last year, a decline of close to 6% — a much steeper slide than in any recent year.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/lausd-enrollment-sees-its-steepest-decline-in-20-years-dropping-by-more-than-27000-students/

Good, now cut the budget for the district by 6% 

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

We’ve had people pop positive at my kid’s school and they didn’t shut the whole thing down. Are you sure state regulations require that? Is it a high school thing?

I don't know, but I'm sure you're more knowledgeable about it than Tank and the board of the school where he works.

22 hours ago, RallyMo said:

She should call local hospital and see where they offer it and what their inclusion criteria is. I honestly don't know how or if having a booster 5 days ago affects it at all, but if she's still saturating well and is early on (and she can get it this soon after the shot), she should get rolling on it now. I'm sure your sister is all over this given her background.

So my sister made a lot of calls and there is a near by hospital that has the monoclonal antibodies treatment. My mom has an appointment to get it this morning. So far their illness seems rather mild. Both of my parents O2 saturation is still good and fevers have been gone for over 24 hours. Had they not been vaccinated I would be a lot more stressed about this. 

Just now, Jason said:

So my sister made a lot of calls and there is a near by hospital that has the monoclonal antibodies treatment. My mom has an appointment to get it this morning. So far their illness seems rather mild. Both of my parents O2 saturation is still good and fevers have been gone for over 24 hours. Had they not been vaccinated I would be a lot more stressed about this. 

That's great, given the situation. Happy to hear this.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

one of the high school kids on my campus tested positive so our high school sent everyone home and they're conducting classes online. the k-8 is still open.

I honestly don't know anything about the school (such as how large it is), but this seems not-at-all like what other schools are doing.

48 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

LAUSD sees its steepest enrollment decline in 20 years, dropping by more than 27,000 students

Enrollment in the Los Angeles Unified School District has dropped by more than 27,000 students since last year, a decline of close to 6% — a much steeper slide than in any recent year.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/lausd-enrollment-sees-its-steepest-decline-in-20-years-dropping-by-more-than-27000-students/

My kids school lost about 10% to homeschool And private school

3 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I honestly don't know anything about the school (such as how large it is), but this seems not-at-all like what other schools are doing.

We just get an email From the principal anytime someone test positive. But there’s no action taken. Just a heads up and that kid has to stay home Until he tests negative

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

We just get an email From the principal anytime someone test positive. But there’s no action taken. Just a heads up and that kid has to stay home Until he tests negative

Yep. That sounds about right. They may or may not inform close contacts (which is a ridiculous notion given that close contacts are considered to be people who are within 6 feet for extended periods of time and the virus is super duper airborne).

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good news. Sounds like it's moving in the right direction.

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

I get about 2-3 of those emails every week. 

What kind of anti-masking bullshit school do you send your kid to?

we might get the same I usually send school emails right to trash unless it’s from my daughters hot teacher

My sister is an ICU/ER nurse in Massachusetts. She and her husband both caught the COVID. My sister, who is vaccinated, was up and around in 2 days. her husband, not vaccinated, is still on his ass and with a high fever 8 days later. If I know my sister he's never living this down

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

My sister is an ICU/ER nurse in Massachusetts. She and her husband both caught the COVID. My sister, who is vaccinated, was up and around in 2 days. her husband, not vaccinated, is still on his ass and with a high fever 8 days later. If I know my sister he's never living this down

Hope he gets over it quickly but that’s funny

4 hours ago, Lhalo said:

We’ve had people pop positive at my kid’s school and they didn’t shut the whole thing down. Are you sure state regulations require that? Is it a high school thing?

it could be a county health dept thing. and judging by what a couple of other people have said here, it seems that OC schools are handling this differently than LA county.

i don't have any problem with my school erring on the side of caution on this.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

like i said, it seems to be a county health dept. issue, and there are differences between LA, OC, Riverside, and San Berdoo.

our school enrollment is around 400 in K-12.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

like i said, it seems to be a county health dept. issue, and there are differences between LA, OC, Riverside, and San Berdoo.

our school enrollment is around 400 in K-12.

So there are kids that go to the same school from when they start kindergarten until they graduate HS?