• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

6 hours ago, cals said:

The irony is I bet you flinch and your equally progressive wife grabs her purse if a black dude is walking your direction on the sidewalk.  

And don’t question my experience with vaccine availability.  I drove across this country and back this summer.  It was EVERYWHERE.  Have you even left south county?

Yes it’s everywhere now. My situation was based on the roll out. Even the back woods has it in multiple locations. Availability isn’t an excuse for anyone 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Every person, white, black, brown, who is still refusing the vaccine is perpetuating the pandemic.

Black people were used in draconian medical experiments back in the day, so their distrust of the medical community is based on history rather than memes shared on Facebook. So I have more sympathy for them than for Suburban Sally who sells essential oils and refuses to vaccinated her kids.

A large portion of the Hispanic population leans Republican so the Hispanic folks refusing the vaccine are likely falling in line with the latest MAGA trends.

Jews had some draconian medical experiments on them, but Israel seems to have no problems with the vaccine.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

3. Black people shouldn't get cut slack on every wrong they commot, but this is one area where the explanation is pretty obvious. Karen Anti-Vax's grandpa had a bad experience with a forced vaccination during WWII. A Black American's ancestors were kidnapped, packed into wooden ships, forced to work for free, tortured, raped, oppressed, forgotten, beaten, lynched, erased from history, feared, segregated, alienated, disenfranchised, experimented on, unjustly arrested, barred from buying a house, and then gaslighted by white folks who conveniently ignore all of the aforementioned atrocities. In every Black American are the ghosts of 1,000 souls screaming out for justice. So, a white person's distrust of the COVID vaccine is typically laughable. A Black person's distrust is wholly understandable.

You just described the Chinese.  They oddly don't have the same problems though.

19 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Jews had some draconian medical experiments on them, but Israel seems to have no problems with the vaccine.

14 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You just described the Chinese.  They oddly don't have the same problems though.

I admittedly haven't done enough research into the histories of Jewish and Chinese people in our country, although I know both groups were also oppressed. As a Chinese person, what is your experience?

7 hours ago, cals said:

And don’t question my experience with vaccine availability.  I drove across this country and back this summer.  It was EVERYWHERE.  Have you even left south county?

I'm just sharing what I found by reading about the experiences of other people. You're one white dude with a bent toward believing non-white people are inferior, so I'm not going to just take your word for it.

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Both my parents have Covid now. My mom got her booster shot last Friday so hopefully she has enough protection to survive this. 

Ah crap. I'm sorry. Hope she does alright, I seem to recall you saying she's immunocompromised. Make sure she's monitoring her O2. If she doesn't have a pulse oximeter, tell her to get one or just order one for them on Prime so they can get it by tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I admittedly haven't done enough research into the histories of Jewish and Chinese people in our country, although I know both groups were also oppressed. As a Chinese person, what is your experience?

Not Chinese.  I am from the other oppressed Asian nationality that actually got an apology from the US.

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Ah crap. I'm sorry. Hope she does alright, I seem to recall you saying she's immunocompromised. Make sure she's monitoring her O2. If she doesn't have a pulse oximeter, tell her to get one or just order one for them on Prime so they can get it by tomorrow.

They do have a monitor. Her O2 is at 95 and that is her normal. My sister wants them to get some Regeneron but I don't know how they go about and get it. Maybe her nephrologist can help with that 

Edited by Jason

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

They do have a monitor. Her O2 is at 95 and that is her normal. My sister wants them to get some Regeneron but I don't know how they go about and get it. Maybe her nephrologist can help with that 

She should call local hospital and see where they offer it and what their inclusion criteria is. I honestly don't know how or if having a booster 5 days ago affects it at all, but if she's still saturating well and is early on (and she can get it this soon after the shot), she should get rolling on it now. I'm sure your sister is all over this given her background.

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Both my parents have Covid now. My mom got her booster shot last Friday so hopefully she has enough protection to survive this. 

Sorry to hear.  Are they both vaccinated?  If your mom already got her booster, I am assuming they are.  They should be fine.  But yeah, monitor their vitals.  SpO2 and temp.  

I think the Regeneron is more for those hospitalized, but Rally would probably know more about how to get it.  

If she has a nephrologist, does she get dialysis?  Might want to notify the clinic if she does, to warn other patients.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Sorry to hear.  Are they both vaccinated?  If your mom already got her booster, I am assuming they are.  They should be fine.  But yeah, monitor their vitals.  SpO2 and temp.  

I think the Regeneron is more for those hospitalized, but Rally would probably know more about how to get it.  

If she has a nephrologist, does she get dialysis?  Might want to notify the clinic if she does, to warn other patients.

Regen is generally to prevent hospitalizations and is given in outpatient clinics and ER.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

They are vaccinated. My mom had a kidney transplant years ago so she has immune system issues so that is my concern.