• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

About 98% of the unvaccinated don't believe anything truthful or scientific about the vaccines and are listening to people like Joe Rogan, Tucker Carlson, and random blonde chick who claims to be a nurse on TikTok.

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

About 98% of the unvaccinated don't believe anything truthful or scientific about the vaccines and are listening to people like Joe Rogan, Tucker Carlson, and random blonde chick who claims to be a nurse on TikTok.

Darwinisn may just help out with this problem. 

Its unfathomable that in 2 months 40% of the white population was vaccinated and 5 months later, with an even more efficient distribution platform, it has risen only 13%. It is a free get out of jail card and dipshits won't even take it. 

6 minutes ago, cals said:

Certainly seems like @Kotchman has been spot on with his takes on this.

Yes I wish everyone would get it. I respect their right to refuse it. We are now reaching the point where the Trump loyalist are the majority of the holdouts. However , it was dishonest for our government to pretend the delta surge wasn’t fueled largely by minorities. I’m old school and still use fm scan. Muck like welfare and planned parenthood commercials, I’ve heard multiple public announcements encouraging the vaccine on black and Hispanic radio. Channels that I don’t spend a lot of time on. Classic rock and country stations haven’t played one announcement. The media and government were blaming whitey with their primary message while quietly addressing the real problem on the ground. 

10 minutes ago, cals said:

And to me, as someone more “moderate” politically than you in some areas, this is very problematic.  

I can understand why people like Trumpers can fall for the “fake news” schtick when anyone with eyes can see that they gloss over important shit that “their” viewers might not want to see, despite it being truthful.  Like blaming the increase of attacks on Asians on white supremacy when every single instance is some black dude.  

By blaming Delta on white anti-Vaxxers and when they’re like maybe 40% of the problem makes people lose faith in the media and allows dipshits like Trump to flourish.

It really does but the media/ Biden have to know that. I think they want to keep the sharp political divide going. This strategy may work for them but they are creating a resistance that is as bat shit crazy as the left. Dad and mom will probably skip the third shot because of politics.  Mom was pretty sick with the second. It worries me a bit. I think we went overboard with vaccinations on the young but for old people it’s a no brainer for me. 

I think I’ve been consistent from day one. I’m willing to meet libs half way on a lot of issues. Problem is the crazy left wants a full surrender to some pretty evil and unscientific policies. On one hand you claim the earth is about to become unlivable and covid is the biggest threat in history. Next sentence your lecturing mr on proper pronouns. With two allegedly life terminating threats at our doorstep, pronouns and transgender abortion rights shouldn’t be an issue. Blaming me for black people and white trash burning down our cities doesn’t win me over either. 

Every person, white, black, brown, who is still refusing the vaccine is perpetuating the pandemic.

Black people were used in draconian medical experiments back in the day, so their distrust of the medical community is based on history rather than memes shared on Facebook. So I have more sympathy for them than for Suburban Sally who sells essential oils and refuses to vaccinated her kids.

A large portion of the Hispanic population leans Republican so the Hispanic folks refusing the vaccine are likely falling in line with the latest MAGA trends.

Also:

Like José Alfredo, many Hispanics want to get vaccinated, but are running into barriers while doing so. Some of the limitations, which affect all Hispanics regardless of their race and socioeconomic status, include the inability to miss a work day to get vaccinated, lack of legal documentation, not being able to speak English or Spanish (some only speak indigenous languages from Latin America), mistrust in the healthcare industry and misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine. They also find it difficult to keep up with the frequent changes to vaccination requirements and vaccination center locations.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article250594469.html

This goes back to discussion we've had on equal opportunities, equal resources. White people (who still make up about 60% of unvaccinated people) are more likely to have access to the resources that make getting the vaccine possible.

Some of you have a blockage in your brain that prevents you from admitting that as a white person, there are certain barriers you'll never have to face. You think admitting this means admitting you're lazy or never overcame any obstacles. That's not at all what it means, but okay.

Just now, Lou said:

What happens to people who can't make it to a location to get a vaccination?

To quote the people who dispute that voting is hard for some people, "If they really want to do it, they'll find a way to do it."

That's not what I believe, though.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Every person, white, black, brown, who is still refusing the vaccine is perpetuating the pandemic.

Black people were used in draconian medical experiments back in the day, so their distrust of the medical community is based on history rather than memes shared on Facebook. So I have more sympathy for them than for Suburban Sally who sells essential oils and refuses to vaccinated her kids.

A large portion of the Hispanic population leans Republican so the Hispanic folks refuses the vaccine are likely falling in line with the latest MAGA trends.

Are you suggesting white people aren’t aware of the medical experimentation conducted by progressives in the 1900s. The skin color of the participants is irrelevant. Progressives today have as much disdain for magas as they had and continue to have for blacks. Would you trust a governor who is willing to inject your child with puberty blockers without your knowledge? Leftist lunacy is as much to blame for the distrusts as Tucker 

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Also:

This goes back to discussion we've had on equal opportunities, equal resources. White people (who still make up about 60% of unvaccinated people) are more likely to have access to the resources that make getting the vaccine possible.

Some of you have a blockage in your brain that prevents you from admitting that as a white person, there are certain barriers you'll never have to face. You think admitting this means admitting you're lazy or never overcame any obstacles. That's not at all what it means, but okay.

I drove 90 miles for my first vaccine and it wasn’t available until April. Our cities had after hour clinics in the hood from the start. Now I had to be proactive and schedule 3 weeks out and take off from work so I’m not buying access as a legitimate excuse for city dwelling minorities. 

41 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Yeah, I went back and struck through that paragraph of my post. I was being lazy and presumptuous when a quick Google search revealed the reasons why the Hispanic population has lower vaccination rates.

What are those reasons? I apologize, I’m not capable of doing the quick google search

43 minutes ago, cals said:

It really feels sometimes like @Tayloris a freshman at a liberal arts school and not a 30-something almost dad.  What is striking is the lack of any nuanced opinions on different topics.  And what this tells me is a lack of any life experience in these areas.  (I don’t recall if you’ve said you were Taylor but we’re you homeschooled?)

Black people deserve to be cut a “little bit” of slack on some things.  But being black isn’t an absolute excuse for every shortcoming they have and as I’ve said before such a position is actually harmful to African Americans as a community.  Mock me for this opinion but anyone with any sense and experience knows it’s the truth.  

And historical wrongs don’t make a right today.  Are you going to make excuses for Karen Anti-Vax if she has legitimate concerns because her great grandpa was forced a vaccine before WWI and got sick?  I bet not.

And the vaccine is everywhere.  They even are essentially paying people to get it.  It’s easier to get the vaccine than it is to vote.  All those arguments are bullshit.

1. I'm not an almost dad. I've been a dad for 8 weeks now.

2. No, I wasn't homeschooled. Went to public school growing up, K-12 (sorry Lou). It's how I know the difference between "we're" and "were."

3. Black people shouldn't get cut slack on every wrong they commot, but this is one area where the explanation is pretty obvious. Karen Anti-Vax's grandpa had a bad experience with a forced vaccination during WWII. A Black American's ancestors were kidnapped, packed into wooden ships, forced to work for free, tortured, raped, oppressed, forgotten, beaten, lynched, erased from history, feared, segregated, alienated, disenfranchised, experimented on, unjustly arrested, barred from buying a house, and then gaslighted by white folks who conveniently ignore all of the aforementioned atrocities. In every Black American are the ghosts of 1,000 souls screaming out for justice. So, a white person's distrust of the COVID vaccine is typically laughable. A Black person's distrust is wholly understandable.

4. Clearly there are communities that find getting the vaccine more difficult. It's easy for us in Orange County, but even your Southern alter ego had to drive 3 hours to get his. Don't discount people's reports of difficulty simply because it doesn't match your own experience.