• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Jokes on Blarg.  If she gets it from a student.  Blarg will be living in the Spitfire for 2 weeks.

Triumphfest is in two weeks, I could drive up there and hang out with the guys while she rests up. 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Tucker Carlson: Biden and media are lying about COVID, here’s proof

Last month, for those of you keeping track, the Biden administration announced a plan to give additional shots of COVID vaccine — so-called boosters — to millions of Americans. Didn’t see that coming. But the administration never explained why it was necessary or scientifically justifiable. They never bothered. Instead, with characteristic aggression, they simply decreed it was going to happen. The new shots would go out, they informed us, no later than this week, the week of September 20, which is right now. That was the deadline. 

The weird thing is, it turned out, no one had told the scientists about this. Two leading vaccine experts at the FDA promptly resigned. Several more announced they were thinking of quitting. Then Biden's "COVID czar," a former Facebook board member with no medical background called Jeff Zients, assured the country "no problem, none of this is cause for alarm." People resigning in protest, no big deal. 

The decision to give extra COVID shots, Zeints said, was "made by and announced by the nation's leading public health officials."

Really? Which leading public health officials exactly? Well, Zients didn't tell us. It’s clear something was going on here. Then last week, the entire lie unraveled completely. A panel of the FDA's vaccine experts — actual "leading public health officials" — blew up the whole idea in a single afternoon. By a vote of 16 to 2 – not close at all — they emphatically rejected Biden’s plan for more shots. For a moment, this seemed like a rare win for science, and for public safety. That decision said a former FDA official, quote, "put the FDA back in the driver’s seat" and "maintained the FDA's scientific independence" from politicians. 

But just for a minute. Because in Joe Biden’s America, there is no independence from politicians. Shortly after midnight on Thursday, the college professor who Biden appointed to run the CDC, Rochelle Wolensky, simply overruled the FDA panel. She didn't cite any scientific basis for her overruling actual scientists. She just did it. And she did it because she can do it, because she’s in power and you’re not.

You wouldn’t call that - however you might describe it - following the science. You might instead call it total corruption of public health by a political party. That’s what it is. And if you doubt it, take a look at Joe Biden’s press conference today, in which he blamed the entire COVID pandemic on people who didn’t vote for him. 

BIDEN: The unvaccinated also put our economic recovery at risk, causing unease in the economy and causing unease around the kitchen table. I can imagine what's going on, the conversations this morning, a lot of parents wondering what's going to happen. What's going to happen, to those who have been vaccinated? What's going to happen? Potentially slowing economic growth, costing jobs. The refusal has cost all of us. Refusing to get vaccinated, it cost all of us. I'm moving forward to vaccination requirements wherever I can.

Huh? So we don’t have enough workers because people aren’t getting vaccinated? We aren’t getting enough workers because you’re paying people not to work. Drive around America, the stores are closed because people aren’t working because the government is paying them not to work. So if you’re worried about the worker crisis, look in the mirror, pal. 

But let’s get to the core allegation here: The unvaccinated are somehow dangerous to the rest of the country. That’s what the president just said. Before we assess all of Biden’s claims, let’s take a quick trip back to reality. Unvaccinated people may theoretically be in danger of getting sick from COVID. Everybody’s got to make that decision personally based on your age and your health. But the unvaccinated pose precisely zero danger to anyone who has been vaccinated. None. Let’s repeat that because it’s the central point here and it’s almost ever made: If you are vaccinated against COVID-19, you face no conceivable danger whatsoever from people who have not been vaccinated. Unvaccinated people cannot hurt you. So calm down. That’s the science.

The rest of the article is a good read

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

It's an interesting read. It's not good. It's straight up misrepresentation in some points. It's largely specious, and that's how pieces like this work. There's some legit stuff peppered in there, but there are also heaping piles of bullshit in there.

Mix all of that up and voila! people like you, who are susceptible to such disinformation, end up posting it and going "hmmmmmm, that's a good read." 

Tucker is very good at what he does. He knows how to make that money.

35 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's an interesting read. It's not good. It's straight up misrepresentation in some points. It's largely specious, and that's how pieces like this work. There's some legit stuff peppered in there, but there are also heaping piles of bullshit in there.

Mix all of that up and voila! people like you, who are susceptible to such disinformation, end up posting it and going "hmmmmmm, that's a good read." 

Tucker is very good at what he does. He knows how to make that money.

Fair enough, interesting is what I was going to type

It's only disinformation because it's the opposite of what you believe

I realize you are in the medical field and I respect your input here

I too have a family member that works at a major SoCal hospital, but I don't post what they say because it's second hand

They have differing views on some things, but I don't know where you work so it could be different where you are

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Last month, for those of you keeping track, the Biden administration announced a plan to give additional shots of COVID vaccine — so-called boosters — to millions of Americans. Didn’t see that coming. But the administration never explained why it was necessary or scientifically justifiable. They never bothered. Instead, with characteristic aggression, they simply decreed it was going to happen. The new shots would go out, they informed us, no later than this week, the week of September 20, which is right now. That was the deadline. 

The weird thing is, it turned out, no one had told the scientists about this. Two leading vaccine experts at the FDA promptly resigned. Several more announced they were thinking of quitting. Then Biden's "COVID czar," a former Facebook board member with no medical background called Jeff Zients, assured the country "no problem, none of this is cause for alarm." People resigning in protest, no big deal. 

The decision to give extra COVID shots, Zeints said, was "made by and announced by the nation's leading public health officials."

Really? Which leading public health officials exactly? Well, Zients didn't tell us. It’s clear something was going on here. Then last week, the entire lie unraveled completely. A panel of the FDA's vaccine experts — actual "leading public health officials" — blew up the whole idea in a single afternoon. By a vote of 16 to 2 – not close at all — they emphatically rejected Biden’s plan for more shots. For a moment, this seemed like a rare win for science, and for public safety. That decision said a former FDA official, quote, "put the FDA back in the driver’s seat" and "maintained the FDA's scientific independence" from politicians. 

But just for a minute. Because in Joe Biden’s America, there is no independence from politicians. Shortly after midnight on Thursday, the college professor who Biden appointed to run the CDC, Rochelle Wolensky, simply overruled the FDA panel. She didn't cite any scientific basis for her overruling actual scientists. She just did it. And she did it because she can do it, because she’s in power and you’re not.

You wouldn’t call that - however you might describe it - following the science. You might instead call it total corruption of public health by a political party. That’s what it is. And if you doubt it, take a look at Joe Biden’s press conference today, in which he blamed the entire COVID pandemic on people who didn’t vote for him. 

BIDEN: The unvaccinated also put our economic recovery at risk, causing unease in the economy and causing unease around the kitchen table. I can imagine what's going on, the conversations this morning, a lot of parents wondering what's going to happen. What's going to happen, to those who have been vaccinated? What's going to happen? Potentially slowing economic growth, costing jobs. The refusal has cost all of us. Refusing to get vaccinated, it cost all of us. I'm moving forward to vaccination requirements wherever I can.

Huh? So we don’t have enough workers because people aren’t getting vaccinated? We aren’t getting enough workers because you’re paying people not to work. Drive around America, the stores are closed because people aren’t working because the government is paying them not to work. So if you’re worried about the worker crisis, look in the mirror, pal. 

But let’s get to the core allegation here: The unvaccinated are somehow dangerous to the rest of the country. That’s what the president just said. Before we assess all of Biden’s claims, let’s take a quick trip back to reality. Unvaccinated people may theoretically be in danger of getting sick from COVID. Everybody’s got to make that decision personally based on your age and your health. But the unvaccinated pose precisely zero danger to anyone who has been vaccinated. None. Let’s repeat that because it’s the central point here and it’s almost ever made: If you are vaccinated against COVID-19, you face no conceivable danger whatsoever from people who have not been vaccinated. Unvaccinated people cannot hurt you. So calm down. That’s the science.

The only good read involving Tucker Carlson will be his obituary. 

6 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Fair enough, interesting is what I was going to type

It's only disinformation because it's the opposite of what you believe

I realize you are in the medical field and I respect your input here

I too have a family member that works at a major SoCal hospital, but I don't post what they say because it's second hand

They have differing views on some things, but I don't know where you work so it could be different where you are

Yes it’s common with the libs to discredit and shout down opposing sources or views. It’s not often they reveal their own sources. Many in here have defaulted to the Lifetime defense with their arguments. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Save your breath dude.  They’re gone.  We’ve done this 100 times.  They don’t understand Tucker is an entertainer.  Frankly let them believe what they want.  It’s kind of fun watching them goose step to his orders.

I don’t think Tucker believes half the stuff he says. He has gone quite at times when he should have spoken up. I don’t think tuckers followers are any more sheep like than a lot of libs. You will break from the status quo but it isn’t the norm. The dems just passed abortion rights for transgender men. It’s damn tough to claim the high ground on science with that level of insanity 

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

I must have missed something, because I thought the FDA approved the vaccine booster.

My first issue is this "booster" is just the same shot you got months ago.  It is not boosting your immunity to Delta, Lambda, and Mu.  It's just a vaccine against run of the mill Alpha Covid.  

My second issue, regarding the vaccine in general.  Is that they would say that getting Covid was rare, a breakthrough case, once you get it you can do whatever you want.  Then last month they said getting hospitalized after getting the vaccine is 1 in 30 chance.  Really rare.  Now they are saying that dying is a 1 in 11 chance, hospitalized 1 in 10 chance, and getting it 1 in 5 chance of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.  

So is it waning immunity or is the vaccine just not as effective against the prevalent strains?  

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I must have missed something, because I thought the FDA approved the vaccine booster.

My first issue is this "booster" is just the same shot you got months ago.  It is not boosting your immunity to Delta, Lambda, and Mu.  It's just a vaccine against run of the mill Alpha Covid.  

My second issue, regarding the vaccine in general.  Is that they would say that getting Covid was rare, a breakthrough case, once you get it you can do whatever you want.  Then last month they said getting hospitalized after getting the vaccine is 1 in 30 chance.  Really rare.  Now they are saying that dying is a 1 in 11 chance, hospitalized 1 in 10 chance, and getting it 1 in 5 chance of vaccinated vs unvaccinated.  

So is it waning immunity or is the vaccine just not as effective against the prevalent strains?  

Good question

I'm sure they will throw the darts, but there is so much to learn and so many have closed their minds to new information because it doesn't follow the norm

Then the government changes their minds, again, we are all supposed to just blindly believe them even though they have been proven wrong so many times

3 minutes ago, cals said:

Now Redondo is a white guy who lives in the desert so I am not surprised he’s stupid, but you GB? I expect more.

Wait, only stupid people live in the desert?

They do say the heat cooks your brains, lol

But we are smart enough to know how to survive here and the California people can't handle the heat or their liquour

So who are the smart ones?