• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

I really hope those assholes didn't take up resources for people who are battling something that wasn't preventable.  Sooner or later just gotta let the herd thinning happen.  My uncle and aunt who are Texas republicans both ended up with COVID recently.  Thankfully they were both vaccinated as I frankly didn't know if they would be and aside from fevers, feeling weak and tired they pulled through just fine. 

13 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I really hope those assholes didn't take up resources for people who are battling something that wasn't preventable.

When we have a spike in cases, you can bet your ass that people are dying (not COVID and COVID) or having worse outcomes because unvaccinated COVID patients are using so much of the labor force and healthcare resources.

They're absolutely responsible for deaths other than their own.

Happy to hear your aunt and uncle were vaccinated and didn't have too tough a time with it.

4 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

When we have a spike in cases, you can bet your ass that people are dying (not COVID and COVID) or having worse outcomes because unvaccinated COVID patients are using so much of the labor force and healthcare resources.

They're absolutely responsible for deaths other than their own.

Happy to hear your aunt and uncle were vaccinated and didn't have too tough a time with it.

Unfortunately it's a no win situation.  Maybe some other countries could or would ration healthcare and make people who didn't get vaccinated take a back seat to those that did but I know we're not one of them.  Despite my herd thinning comments I'm definitely not rooting against anyone but if I lost a loved one because they couldn't get the care they needed for something that was treatable due to people who are unvaccinnated I'd lose my shit.

Thanks I honestly thought they were the type that wouldn't get it.  At 68 and 65 respectively they could very well be dead or in the ICU otherwise. 

38 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Soooooo...

My unit is no longer COVID as we transitioned back to non-COVID a couple weeks ago, so we are dealing with people that are coming in for other stuff. We are allowing visitors for patients as mandated by law (we're no long allowed to have a blanket no visitor policy). One of our patients (age somewhere between 75 and 85, so a solid target for COVID) was in the hospital for an issue completely unrelated to COVID for which they would have been discharged from the hospital within about a 5-7 day stay.

Well, this patient's family visitors included a child, child-in-law and a grandkid. When we admitted the patient, one of our screens is for a COVID vaccine. The patient's child-in-law was present at the time of this screen and heard the patient being asked about that, they reacted rather belligerently and started to say that not only did they not believe in the vaccine, but demanded the RN at the time provide information to substantiate the vaccine's efficacy. The family member also was very contentious about being asked to wear a mask and had an argument with the RN (an absolutely fantastic, kind and all-around great person) about masks. They demanded that the RN provide her with peer-reviewed studies on the efficacy of masks. The family member also contested the actual concept of COVID being a threat to health.

Moving on...

Over the next 4 or so days, visitors would come and go, including the grandkid and the kid-in-law, as well as the patient's actual kid. Our policy is that guests must wear masks at all times when with patients. Frequent confrontations were had with the family over the policy, a complete headache for the staff. The kid-in-law straight up refused to wear a mask at times and the grandkid took their mask off while in the room.

Come night 5 of the stay slightly before midnight, a call comes in from the patient's child: the grandkid tested positive for COVID that evening. The patient had spiked a temp that afternoon (consistent with the admitting diagnosis) but had JUST started requiring O2 that night and showing other symptoms. The patient subsequently pops positive for COVID and is now on a moderate amount of oxygen on our COVID floor.

Dumbasses.

You should have told the family to provide a peer reviewed study that oxygen would actually save the patient, and not just be a crutch till they died.  Better yet, you should have asked if the grandparent had a DNR.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Soooooo...

My unit is no longer COVID as we transitioned back to non-COVID a couple weeks ago, so we are dealing with people that are coming in for other stuff. We are allowing visitors for patients as mandated by law (we're no long allowed to have a blanket no visitor policy). One of our patients (age somewhere between 75 and 85, so a solid target for COVID) was in the hospital for an issue completely unrelated to COVID for which they would have been discharged from the hospital within about a 5-7 day stay.

Well, this patient's family visitors included a child, child-in-law and a grandkid. When we admitted the patient, one of our screens is for a COVID vaccine. The patient's child-in-law was present at the time of this screen and heard the patient being asked about that, they reacted rather belligerently and started to say that not only did they not believe in the vaccine, but demanded the RN at the time provide information to substantiate the vaccine's efficacy. The family member also was very contentious about being asked to wear a mask and had an argument with the RN (an absolutely fantastic, kind and all-around great person) about masks. They demanded that the RN provide her with peer-reviewed studies on the efficacy of masks. The family member also contested the actual concept of COVID being a threat to health.

Moving on...

Over the next 4 or so days, visitors would come and go, including the grandkid and the kid-in-law, as well as the patient's actual kid. Our policy is that guests must wear masks at all times when with patients. Frequent confrontations were had with the family over the policy, a complete headache for the staff. The kid-in-law straight up refused to wear a mask at times and the grandkid took their mask off while in the room.

Come night 5 of the stay slightly before midnight, a call comes in from the patient's child: the grandkid tested positive for COVID that evening. The patient had spiked a temp that afternoon (consistent with the admitting diagnosis) but had JUST started requiring O2 that night and showing other symptoms. The patient subsequently pops positive for COVID and is now on a moderate amount of oxygen on our COVID floor.

Dumbasses.

Fucking idiots even going to the hospital. Just facetime you stupid son of a bitches

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Soooooo...

Moving on...

Dumbasses.

Hopefully he’s getting some ivermectin 

5 hours ago, Adam said:

Fucking idiots even going to the hospital. Just facetime you stupid son of a bitches

Eh, I understand people wanting to be with their loved ones in the hospital as long as they're cognizant of the risks. I don't get the mindset of these clowns that are so combative about this while visiting the hospital. They're such assholes.

These people have now put this patient's grandchild in the position of possibly feeling responsible for their grandparents death should they go downhill. Unreal.

Also, yes: use FaceTime.

4 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Lolok

There's no actual evidence that mab's are being funneled to areas that voted for Biden in disproportionately excessive numbers relative to areas that voted for Trump, is there?

If these fuckers that are so strongly pushing mab's didn't politicize the vaccine, very little of this would be necessary. 

19 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

There's no actual evidence that mab's are being funneled to areas that voted for Biden in disproportionately excessive numbers relative to areas that voted for Trump, is there?

If these fuckers that are so strongly pushing mab's didn't politicize the vaccine, very little of this would be necessary. 

Does evidence matter anymore? There is a hell of a lot of evidence where the virus started and who funded it but that hasn’t resulted in punitive actions